Popular Pages

Thread: Digestive Enzymes and Probiotics..what is the difference?

MLD
    R/P/M
    Round 2, Phase 3, hhcg pellets

Digestive Enzymes and Probiotics..what is the difference?

I see alot of people take both of these especially in p3 and I am curious what the difference is between them. I guess I assumed they are basically the same thing but from what I have read many people take both. How do you take them, is it for constipation or better processing of food? Thanks!

Marti

Marti in Missouri

Drops: RD1
    Start weight: 228.8
    LDW=204 on 7/28/11
    27.8 lbs & 22.75 inches lost in Rd 1
    Pellets: RD2
    Start weight: 201 9/9/11
    LPW: 187
    P3/LRW1:186.6
    P3/LRW2:185.6
    P3/LRW3:187 (vacation)
    P3/LRW4: 185.4

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    They are completely different. Digestive enzymes help you digest your food. Probiotics repopulate your intestines with good bacteria.
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

MLD
    R/P/M
    Round 2, Phase 3, hhcg pellets
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    They are completely different. Digestive enzymes help you digest your food. Probiotics repopulate your intestines with good bacteria.
    Any recommendations on brands? Walgreens apparently doesn't care digestive enzymes in store so may need to order? Lots of Probiotic options available. Thanks.

Marti

Marti in Missouri

Drops: RD1
    Start weight: 228.8
    LDW=204 on 7/28/11
    27.8 lbs & 22.75 inches lost in Rd 1
    Pellets: RD2
    Start weight: 201 9/9/11
    LPW: 187
    P3/LRW1:186.6
    P3/LRW2:185.6
    P3/LRW3:187 (vacation)
    P3/LRW4: 185.4

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    I use Udi, I think it is. Something like that.
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

The African Honey Badger quelsen's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Round 6 / P2 / Rx Injection
    Blog Entries
    Nutriwest makes Hypo D which you can purchase from Amazon . This is a great digestive enzyme

Standard Process makes ProSynBiotic which you can also buy from Amazon. this probiotic has the distinction of being shelf stable meaning you do not have to refrigerate it and it will be effective.

The problem with most probiotics is that you cannot know if they ever reached room temp and died. the store cannot promise you it didnt happen in the truck that shipped the the probiotics and all of the room temp stuff you can get from a place like walgreens is really just window dressing. Speaking from a person in the know ... most vitamins you get from most places do not follow the FDA vitamin standards. and while i am generally down on the FDA those standards are there to make certian that dosing is correct. Paying to eat sugar pills tends to make me grumpy
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.
    quelsen@gmail.com

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Personalized assistance.