Popular Pages

Page 109 of 182 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1815

Thread: Grammy's Lifetime Stabilizers

R/P/M
    R2,hhcg, primal lifestyle
    I am heading out tomorrow to take a kid to the doctors....I added Vitamin d to my list of stuff to pick up after the appointment...you all sold me...(smile)

brick

Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    Vitamin D is THE most important supplement you can take, brick. Read about it. They are finding out more and more about it. It's crucial.

R/P/M
    This seems to a running issue for me...not getting enough calories. I can learn so much and change so much in my daily diet, yet I still can't seem to hold on to the idea of eating more to lose more. I slowly resort back to old ways...the life time of watching my mom not eat and thinking that was the way to go. I am ALWAYS grateful for this forum...you all so kindly remind me of what I need to do...even thou in the back of my head I wonder if I was eating enough...I need other voices to tell me so...
    Ok...so I did the after dinner weigh in...I like to see where I top out at after dinner and then before I go to bed i will check...I actually only gained 1lb 8z which is much less than previous days...and I ate more...not enough...but more. I think I am going to take a piece of the brightly covered construction paper and make a HUGE sign and hang it on the fridge..."You must eat to lose"...Or "eat till it hurts" or something like that...actually the Eat till it hurts would work for my son too, since he is trying to gain weight.
    BTW: This morning the boy ( going to be 21 on Monday) says to me he woke up this morning and his stomach was making noise and hurt. Apparently this doesn't normally happen in the morning. I asked him if he was sick to his stomach and he said 'no' but it hurt. So I told him to eat anyway...he eats and of course he is nervous about his stomach but he eats and when finished he said it didn't hurt anymore. I kinda looked at him with my mouth opened and blinked...hoping he might get it...he didn't...so I said to him...Nick, that was your body telling you to feed it...it didn't mean you were sick..it meant it was time to eat...that is the sign you pay attention to and feed, not assume you are sick or it is not good to eat because you will get sick, just EAT. I have to wonder if all this time he has been thinking that the normal hunger pains meant something else. (sigh) Sometimes I want to Gibb's smack him. I told him it was good this had happened and that it took 4 weeks of him eating breakfast for his body to start expecting food.

brick

R/P/M
    R1 P2 HCG Injections
    Blog Entries
    Brick, isn't it funny we can see it in those we love, but not ourselves, we need to love ourselves to. I was thinking about all the trouble you have with your sons eating problem, and I thought I don't think she realizes she has one too. Kids tend to copy things we do, an analyse what we do!

starting weight 216.4
    9/15 Ld1 217.2. +.8
    9/16.Ld2 216.0. -1.2
    9/17-9/23 wk1-12.4#
    9/24 -9/30 wk2-3#
    10/1-10/7 wk3-2#
    10/7-10/14 wk4-3.6#
    10/14vlcd28 .8
    10/15 vlcd29 0
    10/16 vlcd30 0

R/P/M
    HCG works!
    Vitamin D--

I understand that it is stored in the body, so if you are deficient, you need to mega-dose to fill up your reserves. My level was tested a few months ago and was at 70, which is pretty good. Even so, I take 8000 iu a day and walk in the sunshine every day.

If you know you are low, you could conceivably take a handful of supplements to start to catch up. Do your own research. Dr. Micheal Holick is a good place to start.
    Post-HCG & Post-Leptin Reset, working on adrenals and thyroid, and taking charge of my own health at Optimal Health Cave link
    Currently getting back to the ticker weight.

Dr. Simeons' protocol, Pounds & Inches at http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/Dr-ATW-Si...and-Inches.htm
    Why We Get Fat & What to Do About it by Gary Taubes
    Ageless by Suzanne Somers
    The Mood Cure by Julia Ross

R/P/M
    LOL! Wow! I never thought of it that way...an eating problem...I mean I know my mother has one, I know my son has one...but I figured mine was all about the perimenopause stuff...and yet I know I keep falling back into old thoughts on how to have good health and proper weight. Kind of puts it in a different light. I ended up going downstairs and taping a sign on the refrig after all, "eat till it hurts" I figure it would help my son too...of course my husband asked it that could apply to him too....LOL!

brick

Quote Originally Posted by fancy_nancy48101 View Post
    Brick, isn't it funny we can see it in those we love, but not ourselves, we need to love ourselves to. I was thinking about all the trouble you have with your sons eating problem, and I thought I don't think she realizes she has one too. Kids tend to copy things we do, an analyse what we do!

R/P/M
    R1 P2 HCG Injections
    Blog Entries
    Brick, tell hubby (as my bil would say from Minn.) Ya, sure you betcha! I like the sign. It is easy to fall into old habits, that's why we are all here! It's amazing how we always remember the bad, and not the good, no matter how many times we do this. Today is vlcd1, I gained 3.6# loading, I thought it would be more, so glad it wasn't.
    Last edited by fancy_nancy48101; March 1st, 2012 at 01:50 AM.

starting weight 216.4
    9/15 Ld1 217.2. +.8
    9/16.Ld2 216.0. -1.2
    9/17-9/23 wk1-12.4#
    9/24 -9/30 wk2-3#
    10/1-10/7 wk3-2#
    10/7-10/14 wk4-3.6#
    10/14vlcd28 .8
    10/15 vlcd29 0
    10/16 vlcd30 0

R/P/M
    R2/P1 5/17 134.5
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    Vitamin D is THE most important supplement you can take, brick. Read about it. They are finding out more and more about it. It's crucial.
    Boy do I agree with you (as usual). When I tell sick people or people prone to colds or flu (or anything else) to add D3, they just shrug and go on their ways. I have found D3 hugely important to me and my immune system. When I was teaching, I would pick up something from my students, so I'd take D3 at first sneeze. Then take more and more through the day and night. And I'd be fine. A few times, I forgot to take the D3 and something would develop. I'd take D3 and get healthy very quickly.

You can only lead a horse to water!
    Heaviest Weight (2011) 163.5
    Goal 118-124
    R1 127
    Pre-Load=134.5
    VLCD D1=136_____________

R/P/M
    Well, I was out this morning taking the 17 year old to the doctor. Afterwards we ran into the store to pick up a few essentials...HWC...and I found D3 2000 iu, buy one get one free. 400 soft gels. I took three already and will take 3 more later. I know I am low. Was tested low last spring. I figure I would hit hard at first for a couple of weeks, maybe 2 months then back down to 8000 total.
    Woke up this morning to a .4 loss...down to 118.2. Came down this morning to my sign on the fridge....pulled out the two left over chicken breasts and the cube steak. Ate that until it hurt...(smile)

Good job fancynancy on the loading...hope this rounds kicks butt for you! Last night as I was drifting off to sleep I kept thinking it is like how you can't see the forest through the trees...or the other way around. Often times I see what is going on with others, but I struggle to see it in myself. I really appreciate this group of folks here...the support and reminders are what is crucial in breaking old habits. I am very grateful to you all.

Itsybitsy, Grammy, and parafluie: got the vitamin D3...hope it helps...depression has always been an issue with me, showing as anger as a teen and later sadness. Both my mom and grandmother has/had depression...so...a family trait...so if this helps with seasonal depression and even immunity that would be great. AND it is not that expensive either...unlike that coq10 stuff my husband takes....

A chilly day now of only 36 after hitting 70 yesterday...tomorrow another round of warm air and terrible storms. It should be snowing not tornadoes...

Have a great day.

brick

R/P/M
    R2/P3/HHCG
    Morning all.....Fancy Happy VLCD 1.....well done on the loading...keep us posted.
    I love you comment to brick about an eating disorder. My theory is....don't or didn't we all have one prior to HCG? I know I did, otherwise, I wouldn't have been as big as I was. I am grateful for where I am now. How far I have come in such a short time mentally and physically.

AFM...I had cauliflower pizza last nite. It was delish...I was up .6 not bad, not bad...I believe I will go paleo for P4 and keep on that till April, see where I am at then.

Brick. I wish you success in the portion department. And best of luck at your Dr's appt today...
    ["If you stumbled today, remember where and how it felt, and tomorrow take a different path. Life flourishes from its pain and the lessons we gain."
    ~ by Dodinsky ]

[Remember: If it is important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse...find a way.]

R/P/M
    R2/P1 5/17 134.5
    @brick Congratulations! I have never had a sudden feeling of change from taking it, I just do. In time, you might feel healthier. If it can help SAD, that's even better. I know Ohio is as dark as and colder than my hometown of Philadelphia (the D words -- Dark, dismal, dreary, dreadful, depressing, etc.) so it should help. Also, a full-spectrum light can help with depression. Believe it or not, even in Florida people get SAD. The days are shorter!

Anyway, you should get out in as much sunlight as you can find, too. It should not only touch your skin (hahah--at least your face) but it should get in your eyes, even through your eyelids.

Another thing for depression is CES aka Cranial Electric Stimulation. There are little machines that put out a mini electrical zap for a period of time. You clip to your ear or use electrodes on both sides of your face. There can be a minor buzz but it doesn't hurt (these are similar to the zappers a chiropractor often connects to you after a treatment).

BTW, I'm sure the BOGO you got was a good price. Another resource is Vitacost.com. You can get a lotta things there at a crazy low price (including coconut oil--I use Nutiva) and I'm careful to go above $49 for free delivery. No, I don't have a financial interest <g> just like to share what works for me.

Good luck.
    Heaviest Weight (2011) 163.5
    Goal 118-124
    R1 127
    Pre-Load=134.5
    VLCD D1=136_____________