Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Menopause and HCG

Menopause and HCG

Hi! My mother, who is in the middle of menopause, wants to take the HCG drops, but doesn't want to have more problems with hot flashes, etc...has anyone experienced any bad side effects while using the HCG through menopause?

I'm mid-50s in R1P3 (don't have this day thing down, but I'm on day 11 of P3). I still have hot flashes. Mostly at night/early early am (3-4). I don't know that HCG made it worse, but I do know they were and are more frequent. I also have hypothyroidism and on synthroid which could be another extenuating circumstance. The nurse practioner I saw told me in rare cases women in menopause have started their periods again and it could happen. HCG is used (approved by FDA) for fertility treatments, so yeah, I guess the hot flashes could be a part of that since it's hormonal. Other than that, I've had no "menopauseally" issues at all. (I know, I know, that's not a word. I do/did Subq injections. Have already ordered everything I need and planning on doing 2 more rounds (I think I will need that) on my own this time. It's worth those nasty hot flashes to me.

Senior Member Skinny in Seattle's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2/P3/Injections
    Tell your Mom to find a Dr. who will test her hormone levels. I went into early menopause at 45 and was having every side effect in the book. Finally I was referred to a Naturopath Dr. who did a 24 hour urine hormone test. It's much more comprehensive than the saliva test. My results showed that my hormones, thyroid and more were off the charts out of whack! I started on supplements and a compounded hormone cream, and re-tested in 6 months. I was almost to normal, so we teaked the supp's a little and I feel like a WHOLE new person! My family couldn't be happier... Once that was all fixed the same Naturopath suggested I try HCG and it's been a miracle. I'm on day 4 of P4, slowly adding in complex carbs and maintaining perfectly! The Dr. recommends doing the shots over the drops as you have better control of your dosing. I give myself the shots each morning that her office pre-loads so I don't have to go in every day. I'm going to do one more 20 day round in January to lose the last 10-15. Good luck!

Senior Member Skinny in Seattle's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2/P3/Injections
    You are correct Grammy...23 is right!

Shopping my closet again! susanbaz's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2/P4-SubQ Hucog, then Corion (liked hucog better)
    Blog Entries
    An EXCELLENT non-hormonal treatment for hot flashes that will not interfere with hcg is called Estrofactors. I was prescribed them by an MD, and my hot flashes disappeared within a few days, and I had more energy. When I go more than a day without them, I can really feel the difference.

skinny in Seattle,

I'm going to need the name of the doctor! I'm 45 and starting perimenopause and I want some good help. I'm in seattle, so hopefully that is where you found them!!!

R/P/M
    R1 P2, HHCG / Reg HCG sublingal drops combo
    Hi! I just finished my first round of HCG (lost 25 lbs in just over 30 days) and am on day three of getting off the hcg. I LOVED the hcg because it completely took away my hot flashes and I was in fact cold for the whole P2! I loved it. In the past two days that I have been off the drops (I am taking a combo- homeopathic and HCG drops) I have noticed slight hot flashes but they have not been as bad as the ones I have had for the past four years. I have been done with my TOM for about four years and have had hot flashes for way longer than that (I will be 49 in a week). I am wondering if anyone is taking the HCG for hot flashes??? I so loved the freedom from hot flashes and the deep sleep I experienced while on it. I am not on any other rx's and am planning to go to a naturopathic clinic for the 24 hr urine test as well, but I live on a remote island in Alaska and it is not as accessible Also, I wanted to see what would happen with the HCG and weight loss and if it would have an effect on my hormone levels as well as my weight... To be continued...

Loving life in crazy Kodiak Alaska with my precious husband and huge old dog.
    Looking forward to becoming the me I used to be, only better!
    R1 P3 HHCG/HCG combo drops from Celeste
    R1 P2 lost 26 lbs in 33 days - yahoo!

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    HCG elevates your hormones a bit. You couldn't really continue on the hhcg just for that because you would gain weight alarmingly. Your body is very sensitive to fats on hcg. So it's not a good option. Look into bioidentical hormones. I love them! Once you get them prescribed, you can order them from a compounding pharmacy and have them mailed to you.

My hot flashes went away too! Love it! They came back a little after P2, but not nearly as bead as they've been in the past couple of years. I'd rather be cold any day, than have the constant furnace on high!
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    If food is not what you need, what is it you really want?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast