Page 27 of 281 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: P3 Questions

R/P/M
    R4/P2/SQ
    Blog Entries
    starchy veggies like peas, winter squash and corn are not P3 protocol
    fruits high in sugar like bananas and mangoes are not P3 protocol

http://www.thefruitpages.com/contents.shtml

This "do not eat" list is much more helpful, because there really is a never ending list of things you CAN eat on P3.

Do not eat on P3 -
    Acorn Squash
    baked goods
    bananas
    Beans
    Biscuits
    Bread
    Breaded foods
    Brownies
    Buns
    Butternut squash
    Carrots
    Cakes
    candy
    Canned fruit
    cashews
    cereal
    Chocolate
    Cookies
    Cool Whip
    Corn
    Corn chips
    Corn meal
    Corn syrup
    Crackers
    Cornstarch
    Cupcakes
    desserts
    Bagels
    Donuts
    Energy drinks
    Dried fruit
    Mangos
    Fast food
    Frosting
    Fruit juice
    Grains (wait a minute... isn't flaxseed a grain? we can have flaxseed meal - GOLDEN is best)
    Granola
    Honey
    Hot dogs
    Ice cream
    Ketchup
    Kool-aid
    Lentils
    Maple syrup
    melons
    Muffins
    Oatmeal
    Pancakes
    Parsnips
    Pasta
    Pie
    peas
    Peanut butter
    Plantains
    pineapple
    Pita bread
    Polenta
    Popcorn
    Potato chips
    Pretzels
    potatoes
    Pudding
    Rice
    Rolls
    Root Vegetables
    Taco shells
    Tortillas
    Velveeta
    White flour
    Yams

Zami

R/P/M
    R2/P2/RxHCG
    Blog Entries
    I'm on R2P3D2 and am simply NOT hungry. I had to force myself to eat 2 eggs with sugar free sausage for breakfast, 1 mug cake and 1 ground burger patty. It's almost 6 p.m. and I cannot even think of food. wish I was this "not hungry" in P2! Strange! I promise to eat vegies and fruits tomorrow. My favorite P2 salad was romaine lettuce with my meat of choice on top with small chunks of apple and topped with my special ACV dressing (just ACV with stevia) and sea salt. YES - tomorrow I will have that.
    Began HCG journey on 6/1/10 at 235.5
    Lost 51.5 pounds in the first 2 rounds
    Will start loading for R3 on Christmas day

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    dubbles- you can eat all veggies, and you can mix them. the controversy comes over which ones to limit. most people consider potatoes a "starch", so we avoid those. but the veggies that are on the fence are corn, peas, carrots, winter squashes- the higher carb veggies. most people advise avoiding those in P3 as well.

personally, i think that we wouldn't have to if we didn't eat as much fat in P3 as most people do. but if you are going to eat a lot of fat, then you definitely should hold off on the high-carb veggies and high-sugar fruits. no fruits are off-limits for P3, but most people limit or avoid bananas, pineapple, grapes, mangos and melons. here's what Dr. S. says: "During this period patients must realize that the so-called carbohydrates, that is sugar, rice, bread, potatoes, pastries etc, are by far the most dangerous. If no carbohydrates whatsoever are eaten, fats can be indulged in somewhat more liberally and even small quantities of alcohol, such as a glass of wine with meals, does no harm, but as soon as fats and starch are combined things are very liable to get out of hand."

regarding: If no carbohydrates whatsoever are eaten, fats can be indulged in somewhat more liberally, there are 2 interpretations for that. since Dr. has been talking about P2 immediately prior to this, i take "somewhat more liberally" to be in reference to P2, where we ate almost no fat. that would mean that we need to still be quite cautious of fats in P3. Colleen believes it means "more liberally" than you normally would be able to eat fat, which would allow for more.

either way, you can make it work. if you eat more fat, you have to be more cautious with higher carb veggies and fruits- more like an atkins' type of approach. if you're still quite cautious with your fats, you can get away with a greater variety of fruits and veggies.
    Last edited by mgsondance; September 26th, 2010 at 04:18 PM.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    btw, some people avoid fruit completely during the first wk of P3. i did this the last time, and it helped me. but i do eat a lot of fat- not because i think it's necessarily a good thing to do, but just because i love cheese, nuts, butter, etc.

some people also follow the atkins' induction phase list, which allows 20 carbs per day. those folks seem to also do well. Dr. S. did not limit fruit- but again, fruit is still a carb- and combining carbs with fat is the biggest problem.

i personally try to avoid having a lot of carbs and fat together in the same meal. so if i'm going to have a steak along with a salad with dressing, then i don't eat fruit with that meal. if i'm going to have fruit, i do it during a meal where i'm having a leaner protein and not as much overall fat.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    Round2/phase3/homeopathicdrops
    Quote Originally Posted by hcg61 View Post
    My NP recommended: eat fruits that have a lower glycemic index (under 50): http://www.lowglycemicdiet.com/fruitsgi.html.
    Jan
    I didn't see blueberries on this list. Are those ok?

Blog Entries
    Low Glycemic Index foods
    Eat More of These Foods to maintain healthy glucose levels!

Celery, lettuce 0
    Green vegetables, eggplant, onions, garlic, cauliflower, sprouts, radishes, etc. 0-25
    Eggs 10
    Peanuts/nuts 10
    Most meats/fish (unprocessed) 12
    Venison 12
    Yogurt (plain, unsweetened) 14
    Soybeans 18
    Fructose (fruit sugar) 20
    Greens (beet, collard, etc.) 20
    Green beans (Hidatsa) 20
    Cherries 22
    Plums 25
    Grapefruit 25
    Lentils (red) 25
    Barley (pearled) 25
    Milk (regular) 27
    Kidney beans 27
    Apricots, dried 30
    Beans-dried (black, kidney, butter) 30
    Lentils (green) 30
    Corn (Mandan) 30-35
    Milk (skim) 32
    Split peas 32
    Strawberries, raspberries, black berries (fresh) 32
    Flax seeds 32
    Chickpeas 33
    Pears 36
    Tomatoes 38
    Pinto or navy beans 39
    Yogurt (fruit-sweetened-no sugar) 38
    Apples 30-38
    Peaches 30-40
    Peanut butter (no sugar added) 40
    Blueberries (fresh) 40
    Apple juice 41
    Oats (steel cut) 42
    Black eyed peas 42
    Kidney beans (canned) 42
    Chickpeas (canned) 42
    Grapes 43
    Soy milk 43
    Banana (under ripe) 43
    Oranges 40-44
    Red wine 44
    All Bran cereal 44
    Whole wheat pasta 45
    Bulgar 47
    Wild rice 48-55
    Yams 48
    Pumpernickel bread 49
    Grapefruit juice 49
    Squash (most varieties) 50-55
    Rye bread (whole grain) 50
    Oatmeal (old fashioned) 50
    Kiwi 52
    Buckwheat (Kasha) 54
    Sweet potatoes 54
    Pasta (protein enriched) 55
    Oat bran cereal 55
    Sweet corn 55-60
    Mango 56
    Potatoes (new, boiled w/ skin) 57
    Pita bread 58
    Beets 59
    - KBJ - taking it one day, one hour, one breath at at time...

Msongdance,

That is a really good theory and has been working well for me so far. I have been limiting fruit with fats and am still at my set weight 5 days in.

I asked a question earlier and can't find if there was an answer. Are Pumpkin and sunflower seeds ok on p3?

R2P2!

R/P/M
    pumpkin is one of those iffy ones- some eat it, others don't. i'd use caution. sunflower seeds are ok.

R/P/M
    R2/P4/SQ----STABLE
    Thanks Zami and KBJ for the information-Very helpful to me......I am not normally a confused person but So much information and my brain is overloaded.....
    Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

R2/P4/STABLE LIW 167.6 on 2/05/2011 Current weight 170.0 on 9/12/2011

Quote Originally Posted by iammaga View Post
    Happy - I would say TOM is affecting the weight gain. I would just watch it closely. I would not add anything new in until TOM us over. I would just up the quantity of P2 foods until TOM is gone. This would just be playing on the safe side.

Whoever posted about eating the processed meats. That is a big no no. There is so much stuff in those meats that you do not want to introduce in P3.
    I understand that processed packaged meats have added sugar and chemicals we should avoid so how do we add more variety of meat other than chicken and fish? At first I thought about going up to the deli counter but then realized that stuff probably has the bad things in it to? I am looking forward to adding more variety to my meat when starting phase 3. Also, doesn't cheese yogurt, milk have sugars? Do we literally stay away from anything that has sugar of any form listed in the ingredients? To me that would seem like phase 2 eating