Popular Pages

Thread: Question for Everyone...including Grammy!

R/P/M
    R3, P2, Injection
    Blog Entries

Question for Everyone...including Grammy!

I read the term "eating clean" so many times on their forum and I got to wondering what does the term really mean? Is it different for each phase? Is it self determined? I know what I think it means...but I'd really like to hear from everyone else.

Thanks!
    Hugs,

Azpearl

R1: 42 Days; Start 210#; Stabilized 188.4#; -24"
    R2: 32 Days; 190.4#; Stabilized 178.4; -12"

R3: After Load - 183.2
    R3/Week 1 - 178.2 (-5.0)
    VLCD #8 - 178.2 (-0.0) NO CHANGE!
    VLCD #9 - 177.2 (-1.0) YAY!

R/P/M
    P2 yet again/rx subq
    I think it means slightly different things to different people. To me, it means eating whole real unprocessed foods in as natural a state as you can find them. I don't really use the term much in regards to the hcg phases, but in P2, for me it would mean eating pastured meat, organic fresh vegetables and organic fresh fruit. I wouldn't consider the breadsticks to be "clean" eating, but I do eat them in P2, usually. I would consider them on protocol, acceptable, even encouraged, but not clean.

In P3, for me it means eating pastured meats, eggs and dairy without any additives, organic vegetables, healthy fats like butter, pure olive oil, coconut oil, etc. It means sourcing food carefully and cooking foods yourself from their original state rather than buying food that manufacturers may have ruined either in the growing/raising of the ingredients or in the cooking/processing of the final product. For example, homemade organic raw yogurt is clean. Yoplait or even Fage is not. Cheese made from the milk of pasture raised animals and containing only milk, culture, salt and rennet is clean. Kraft pre-shredded cheddar with whatever junk they add to it and made from the milk of sick cows is not. Snowville cream is clean. Just about any other cream sold at the grocery store (including WF and TJ) with ingredients other than cream and made from the milk of sick cows is not. In P3, I would also not consider eating mug cake or artificial sweeteners or protein powder or baked goods made with coconut flour or almond flour to be clean eating. I often use coconut and almond flour in P4 and would consider it clean at that point, but I don't consider it clean eating in P3.

In P4, it means the same thing as in P3, but with the addition of organic fruit, properly prepared grains/starches, and alternative grain free flours. I try to follow a Weston A. Price Foundation/Nourishing Traditions way of eating. For me, clean is when I'm eating by those principles, which I don't always do.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    I call eating clean just meats, fruits and veggies, no dairy, nuts or eggs. Nothing "iffy."
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

R/P/M
    R2,hhcg, primal lifestyle
    I define 'eating clean' like Colleen...although I have dairy as part of my 'clean' because I don't seem to react to it.

brick

Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    I call eating clean just meats, fruits and veggies, no dairy, nuts or eggs. Nothing "iffy."

sweetiepie
    For me, it is a paleo/ primal/ P3 term, too - no foos that might cause a sensitivity. In my case, meat, fish, non-starchy veggies, some fruit, olive oil, coconut oil. Done.

R/P/M
    R3, P2, Injection
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for your input!
    Hugs,

Azpearl

R1: 42 Days; Start 210#; Stabilized 188.4#; -24"
    R2: 32 Days; 190.4#; Stabilized 178.4; -12"

R3: After Load - 183.2
    R3/Week 1 - 178.2 (-5.0)
    VLCD #8 - 178.2 (-0.0) NO CHANGE!
    VLCD #9 - 177.2 (-1.0) YAY!