Popular Pages

Thread: Thyroid help please

I AM WORTH IT - so r u!! just4me's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Phase 2
    Blog Entries

Thyroid help please

Had thyroids tests done and dr said I could try some natural supplements first before going on armour. I don't think the supplements are working good enough. Need some advice. Here are my lab results:
    Free t3 2.06 pg/ml, reference range 2.50-4.30
    Free t4 1.05 ng/ dl, reference range 0.90 - 1.70
    TSH 1.50 piu/ml ref range 0.27 - 4.20
    Thyroid peroxidase 12.2 (negative: <35)
    Thyroglobulin 11.2 iu/ml (negative:<115.0)
    Reverse t3 15.8ng/ml, ref range 9.2-24.1

R1 (40 day) p2, lost 24 pounds, 21 inches!! avg loss .55 per day
    R2 (38 day) p2, lost 21.6 pounds, 13.5 inches! avg loss .56 per day
    R3 (31 day) p2, lost 18.8 pounds, 8.5 inches! avg loss .61 per day
    R4 lost 26.3
    5'2" medium frame

R/P/M
    Round 1, Phase 1, SubQ.
    Looking at your results I would think you are not converting T4 to T3 effectively. If your body temperature is below 98.2 your liver does not make enough of the enzymes that cause the conversion. If you have chlorine, bromine, bromide, or fluoride in your body your body makes ineffective thyroid hormones that are not going to work as well as thyroid hormones made from iodine. Bread contains bromide, they removed iodine 30 years ago and then breast cancer rates started to skyrocket. See Dr Brownstein's book on this subject. Due to the above mentioned toxic halides blood tests are not accurate. You can detox the halides out of your body by one eliminating them and 2: taking 12 mg of iodine per day. That is right MG not mcg. You will see small red pimples form on your face but they are not pimples they are just halides leaving your body and will not get white heads in them. If your adrenals are weak that will also drag your thyroid down. If all else fails use Naturthroid not Armour due to the inert ingredients in Armour that are not good. Everyone has gone to naturthroid now. One more thing you still have some antibodies even though the medical establishment calls it "negative" but those antibodies are there and 99% likely caused by eating wheat. They are looking at everyone in your age group and because everyone is reacting they call it normal. If you were one years old it would be considered positive.

So remove all sources of toxic halides.
    Get on Optimox or Iodizyme.
    Also take L-tyrosine.
    Check body temp. to see if it hits 98.6.
    If you use Colgate, Crest etc, but NOW toothpaste from the health food store.
    Find out of your public water supply has fluoride, and install a carbon block filter on the house water main to remove chlorine.

R/P/M
    5 Rounds/Maintenance
    I'm not Grammy, but it looks to me like your Free T3 is way too low. It should be at the top of the range for optimal health. Your Free T4 should be a little higher, midrange or a bit higher. Your TSH is fine, but mine is always fine, too and I have very little thyroid function left...apparently my pituitary glad doesn't work quite like it should and yours may not either. If I'm doing the math correctly (and I may not be), your free t3/reverse t3 ratio is 1.3 and it should be 20 or higher. That is primarily because your free t3 is too low, not that your reverse t3 is too high. If you can raise the free t3 without raising the reverse t3, you should be fine.

If I were doctor, and I am NOT, I would prescribe Armour or the equivalent. If I were a patient, and I am, prior to beginning Armour, I would ensure my iron, B12, vitamin D and cortisol levels were optimal. I would eliminate gluten from my diet. I would read up on both the pros and the cons of iodine supplementation, not allowing myself to be bullied by the insanely pro-iodine people, but reading and understanding both good and bad before making a decision to supplement. And I would familiarize myself with as much of the information on Stopthethyroidmadness.com as I could. Then, I would take the Armour.

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Your doc is hesitant to treat you with RX because your TSH is normal.....there, I said it out loud....lol. Your t3 is low, as jmmrr said, so your active available thyroid hormone is low. I agree...ask for rx treatment, not just supplements....and ask for armour, not synthroid which won't fix t3 at all. .
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.

I AM WORTH IT - so r u!! just4me's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Phase 2
    Blog Entries
    Some addtl info - doc agreed t4 not converting enough to t3, but it was my choice to try herbal sup before an RX. She also tested D which came in at 31. She put me on a 3 wk high dose d3. I need to test that again. She also tested cortisol which was too high in the AM and she said it would only be a matter of time before I had more issues if left untreated. She put me on herbal L thyrosine and another supp. Also put me on kelife seaweed for iodine. I've been paleo diet for 2 yrs so don't do flours of any kind, eat low carb, proteins, fresh veggies, fresh fruit and the only sugar I have is in my dark choc! Never drank coffee, 100% off soda for over 5 years. Mainly drink filtered water and organic caffeine free tea. My city does not add fluoride to water and I recall the natural fluoride level was 3.0. I am on BHRT taking pg with a small dose of estrodial. Energy level keeps going down, stress level and weight going up.
    Doc specializes in hormone therapy, agrees t3 needs to be higher. Anything else recommended besides natuathroid or armour?

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Sorry, I just saw this but glad others chimed in since I missed it. Your thyroid is much too low, both free T3 and free T4. You need a med not supplements. I've never seen anyone fix low thyroid with diet, unfortunately. And I've tried harder than about anyone. You really need dessicated thyroid or straight T3 cytomel. Doctors look at that stupid TSH number which means nothing and deny the real help you need.

And quite honestly, paleo can be a problem when you have thyroid issues. We get into a cycle of fearing weight gain so we don't eat enough carbs in the form of fruits and carbier veggies, even though they are allowed. Going too low in carbs can really do a number on your thyroid. Been there, done that myself. So get some more carbs in your diet.
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/