Popular Pages

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Read This First: What is Cycling?

R/P/M
    Did one and half rounds last year. Currently doing the 2 weeks on 1 week off plan
    Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for this post. I've been looking for this info. I think cycling 2 weeks on, one week off will suit me.

Forgive me for being dense, this round has left me fuzzy-brained. So, the difference with cycling and a planned interruption is that in a planned interruption, you just go ahead and continue the current round till the end, say 40 days, whereas in cycling, when you hit your goal, the total continuous days on it should be at least 23 before P3 and P4. You can't just stop, let's say, after hitting goal at 15 days and moving to P3 and P4 regardless of how many sets of cycles you did prior to that. You need to continue 8 days to to get 23 days. Did I get it?

Quote Originally Posted by belle View Post
    Forgive me for being dense, this round has left me fuzzy-brained. So, the difference with cycling and a planned interruption is that in a planned interruption, you just go ahead and continue the current round till the end, say 40 days, whereas in cycling, when you hit your goal, the total continuous days on it should be at least 23 before P3 and P4. You can't just stop, let's say, after hitting goal at 15 days and moving to P3 and P4 regardless of how many sets of cycles you did prior to that. You need to continue 8 days to to get 23 days. Did I get it?
    I think I follow and yes that is correct. At the end of cycling you need to finish with a full and complete round - minimum of 23 days and then p3 and p4.

Quote Originally Posted by universal2 View Post
    I think I follow and yes that is correct. At the end of cycling you need to finish with a full and complete round - minimum of 23 days and then p3 and p4.
    Thanks!

Thanks for sharing some Good info . I go for cycling as a cardio exercises . And it's really helpful for managing my symptoms . And also it's really helpful for muscles fitness . And cycling is really not a boring exercise at least .

Quote Originally Posted by michealleo View Post
    Thanks for sharing some Good info . I go for cycling as a cardio exercises . And it's really helpful for managing my symptoms . And also it's really helpful for muscles fitness . And cycling is really not a boring exercise at least .
    If you read through the posts at all - you will realize cycling here is not about exercise, it is about rotating on and off the HCG.

Reason for Cycling

Quote Originally Posted by J Beanie View Post
    Zeller, people cycle for various reasons. Some feel it is easier on the body to lose 10 - 12 pounds then give the body a chance to recover rather than lose 25+ pounds in one round. Some like shorter cycles because they have a difficult time staying on protocol for 23 or 40 days. Some feel that P4 is unnecessary until goal weight is achieved. There are varied reasons... people do what works for them and again, cycling does not work for everyone and it is not protocol. If you are new to hcg, please familiarize yourself with Pounds and Inches plus follow the protocol so you know what works. It's always best to go the proven route at first before deviating, imo.
    One reason that I haven't seen mentioned but was obvious to me when the idea first hit me (before I found out about this forum) is that cycling will shorten the time it takes you to lose weight if you have so much to lose that you are tempted to stay on phase 2 until you hit hCG resistance. According to Simeons, if you hit resistance, you have to wait six weeks to start another phase 2, and if you hit resistance a second time, you have to wait 12 weeks, and so on. Cycling the short cycle will allow most people to go indefinitely without becoming resistant (which Simeons says isn't actually resistance, but rather some sort of compensation by the diencephalon/hypothalamus after prolonged exposure). It doesn't cause more weight loss per day, but it allows you to remain in phase 2 for more days out of the year, which is extremely relevant if you have to peel off a hundred pounds or more and don't want those long breaks from phase 2 to kill your motivation.

Cycling after your first round of phase 2 is particularly handy if a couple is doing the diet together; a 5,000 IU vial contains 40 doses, and a 2,000 IU vial contains 16 doses. Stick with me on the math here. The first phase 2 needs to be 23 days or longer, but not long enough to cause resistance. Split between a couple doing the diet together, one 5,000 IU and one 2,000 IU vial provides 28 injections each. Cyle phase 3 for 2-3 weeks and then using a single 5,000 IU vial will allow 20 days. And there's a very good reason do cycle 20 days on phase two and 10 days on phase 3: PMS (Pre-Menstrual Syndrome).

Estrogen is lipophilic; excess is stored abundantly in fat cells and released as fat is lost. When a woman gets a few days into her PMS window and is already becoming bothered by elevated hormones, further elevation due to liberation of estrogens stored in fat can make her absolutely miserable, especially with regard to crying fits and emotional overload. So if you can time the cycles so that injections begin for the couple on the fourth day following the onset of her flow (Simeons says three days of injections should be skipped at the onset of flow, and that appears to be because injections during flow makes it incredibly heavy), she will be ready to quit somewhere around or before the 20th injection; if she stops after 18 the male can use the other two doses, as the inconvenience of eating a different diet for only four days is much less than the inconvenience of only one partner in the couple doing the hCG diet and therefore being on a different diet all the time.

In case it's not obvious, for women, cycling might be the only way they get to spend any significant time in phase 2 because of how liberated estrogen makes them feel, regardless of whether there is a partner involved. I've personally watched a woman who normally has little to no issues with PMS just about come unglued two months in a row before this cycling idea hit me (and I'm quite happy to see that I'm far from the first person to think of it), so if you are having problems with depression, anxiety, crying fits, etc., during your PMS window while on phase two, you should study cycling and see if you can make it work for you and your schedule -- and of course, your body chemistry, as I've also seen a couple of women come unglued from estrogen release well outside of their PMS window, so some women may not be able to tolerate this diet in any form.

It cannot be overstressed that the key to success on this or any other diet or exercise regimen is studying the facts and process until you are an expert on both the protocol and the chemistry involved, and then studying your body's reaction to it until you are an expert on that subject as well. Otherwise you'll just be another of these people who failed miserably at a diet or exercise program because they didn't understand it well enough to employ it but blamed the failure on the system instead of on their own laziness and self-inflicted ignorance of a program that could have otherwise helped them succeed.

universal2, the poster didn't read anything. Notice the link to spokane fitness clubs in the signature. That's forum spam. I run a vBulletin forum myself and jerks like that use bots to search for forums and register them, then they turn other bots loose to search for keywords on the forum related to their spam topic and make a post like the one you noticed. Admins, if you will go to http://www.stopforumspam.com you'll find a most excellent free plugin for vBulletin that connects you to a user-supported database of forum spammers. You can block registrations that use known IP addresses that spam has been reported for in the last six months, known user ID's, and known e-mail addresses, in any combination of one to all three. Personally, I fail them on any of the three criteria being met because if anyone legitimate gets prevented from registering, it will be because of an IP block in virtually all cases and they'll simply e-mail you asking what's up. It's only happened twice in two years for me. I was getting over 100 spammer sign-ups a day on my forum before and now I'm not getting any because I require Captcha human verification for registration and verify registration against the StopForumSpam database. It rocks.

R/P/M
    R5P2 HHCG-pellets
    ok so this is a brand new concept for me but i'm thinking i might like it.. and maybe it will work better for me to see results faster. I am on p3 of my first round and stabilized just fine!! no correction days needed but i'm doing a leptin resistance diet p3. I have 80ish more lbs to lose, and to think about only doing 30 days then waiting 6-8-12-weeks between before i can start another round is really DIScouraging. So i'm on p3d19, if i read this correct then i need to finish a p4 here then my next p2 i can start cycling?? and then stay cycling until i have say 20 more lbs to lose then do my last 23-40 day round with full p3 and p4?

or since i haven't added any starches back could i go straight into p2 here in a couple of days again and start cycling right away?

thanks
    Last edited by decembermoon; October 16th, 2011 at 11:47 PM.
    R1 09/01/11 26 days starting : 269.4 LDW:251.8 - 17.6lbs
    R2 11/4/11 35 days Starting : 247.8 LDW: 232.2 - 15.6lbs
    R3 1/30/12 28 days starting: 234.8 LDW 217.6 -17.2lbs
    R4 6/1/12 cycling 2/2 Starting 226.6 up 19lbs c1 -10lbs c2 -5lbs c3 -3lbs LDW 208.6
    TOTAL LOSSES: -60.8 over half way there!
    R5 starting 9/2/12 my 1 yr hcg anniversary.. starting : 213 week 1: 211 week 2: 205.2

Quote Originally Posted by decembermoon View Post
    ok so this is a brand new concept for me but i'm thinking i might like it.. and maybe it will work better for me to see results faster. I am on p3 of my first round and stabilized just fine!! no correction days needed but i'm doing a leptin resistance diet p3. I have 80ish more lbs to lose, and to think about only doing 30 days then waiting 6-8-12-weeks between before i can start another round is really DIScouraging. So i'm on p3d19, if i read this correct then i need to finish a p4 here then my next p2 i can start cycling?? and then stay cycling until i have say 20 more lbs to lose then do my last 23-40 day round with full p3 and p4?
    Yes that is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by decembermoon View Post
    or since i haven't added any starches back could i go straight into p2 here in a couple of days again and start cycling right away?

thanks
    NO - stabilizing is maintaining while eating somewhat of a normal diet or at least adding back in some foods.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast