Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marinated Tofu in Phase 3

Marinated Tofu in Phase 3

I love trader joes, or wildwood marinated tofu squares. 130 cals for 3oz and 17 grams of protein, do you think its ok to eat them in phase 3. I miss that and white miso and tamari and seaweed the most. Oh and tahini, and nutritional yeast. I used em a lot. The swelling in my knees has gone down.. Ive lost 12.1lbs in 13 days, and Im happy about that. cheers

29 views and not one post, ok guess I will have to investigate further

The African Honey Badger quelsen's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Round 6 / P2 / Rx Injection
    Blog Entries
    tofu = fermented bean curd = weight explosion

From MDA
    6. Tofu

By now, tofu – in all its slippery and firm incarnations – has made its way into the mainstream of the American diet. Sort of. The texture is something we may never fantasize about, but it is a nice occasional alternative protein source, especially for vegetarians and people who want to avoid too much meat (given the way meat is produced these days). I say occasional because, remember, it is a highly-processed food. Many types of tofu – especially “mock meats” – are really akin to processed deli meats and sausages. Of course, tofu comes from a bean and doesn’t contain antibiotics, added hormones and animal products, but it’s still – all together now – a processed food. In fact, I really don’t think tofu is much different from a slice of low-fat cheddar. Puts things in perspective, doesn’t it?
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.
    quelsen@gmail.com

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Personalized assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    tofu = fermented bean curd = weight explosion

From MDA
    Not sure why you think tofu is a weight explosion, as a vege its my fav source of protein, the organic wildwood tofu, is made from sprouted soybean, and is great form of protein. The quote above is jargon in regards to tofu. Mock meats are gross and I don't eat them, they are like cardboard. But a good sprouted tofu is lovely.

So I guess in phase 3 I will bring tofu back in and just see what happens. Got plenty of time to think about it.

R/P/M
    r1/p2/hhcg vegetarian//abt to start r2
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrone View Post
    But a good sprouted tofu is lovely.

So I guess in phase 3 I will bring tofu back in and just see what happens. Got plenty of time to think about it.
    Please share your results when you do, some people don't realize that sprouted tofu is a different animal than conventional tofu. I don't like to prepare my own. I never get the water pressed out enough. ick
    rogue/hhcg/vegetarian, trying to be vegan most of the time--why label it?!
    lost about 12 lbs in r1, with a few stalls due to travel & weak willpower!

loading 8/11 & 12/ lcd on 8/13

I do not eat meat but I eat seafood and I too have been wondering what to do about my 3 tubs of organic tofu that have been sitting in the fridge since I started this diet 16 days ago. Since there aren't any clear guidelines on this, I elected not to use tofu on P2 VLCD. But I intend to use it on P3. I cannot logically see why not. It's not as if it was used as widely as it is now when Dr. Simeon was developing this diet.

I have had flavoured tofu on occasion in p2 and have gained every time. But sooooo gooooood.....

Madrone-

What were your results with bringing in tofu on P3? I'm curious as I am about to start my R3P3 and was thinking about using tofu this time but everyone seems to post questions about it, says they'll use it but no one ever updates after doing so! :-( Please share!

--Ally

R/P/M
    R1/P3 hcg drops
    Just curious if you tried the marinated tofu Madrone? If so, was it okay? I am just beginning phase 3 and trying to research my options. I'm guessing I'll probably just explore things slowly and see what works for my body. But let me know. Thanks

R1/P1 start 253.2
    R1/P2 start 258
    R1/P3 start 225.4

people say tofu could help... Hmm. Just share your results with us so I could also advice my cousin about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast