Popular Pages

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Accountability Group!

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvprotein View Post
    For me, I look at it as a choice I'm making instead of something I "can't" have. You can have whatever you want but there are consequences for your choice. When I choose not to have a drink or choose not to have birthday cake on my brother's birthday I am choosing to honor a comittment I've made to myself which carries with it the consequence of losing weight. You are not a victim to this diet, you are the active participant. Tweaking perspective is HUGE for me. Hope that helps a little
    Thank you - yes it does help - I need to quit thinking poor me missing out on this/that and start thinking I'm winning at losing weight when I don't give in - its all a mind game to me and I just need to quit the negative thinking

R/P/M
    R1P3 Primal
    It's so true! If I keep my mental game strong I'm A-Ok. Good Luck lady!
    Quote Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
    Thank you - yes it does help - I need to quit thinking poor me missing out on this/that and start thinking I'm winning at losing weight when I don't give in - its all a mind game to me and I just need to quit the negative thinking
    Height: 5'10
    Loaded May 12,13,14
    May 15th - Day One of VLCD
    P2Week 1: -8.5 (5/21)
    P2Week2: -14.8 (5/28)
    P2Week3: -17.4 (6/4)
    Last Day of R1P2: -17.4 (6/5)

P3 - maintaining within 2 lbs

R/P/M
    R3/P3/HHCG
    This is what I have heard referred to as 'pulling up your big girl panties' Good for you!!! It is mostly a mindset protocol. If you get your brain into it, the weight comes off...

Best of luck!
    ~Fatty

R/P/M
    R1P4 - Homeopathic Drops
    Well, I finished my 3rd week of P3 today! I don't feel quite stable though, so I'm going to go ahead and do a 4th week. I've been pretty stable within 2lb of my LIW, 3 steak days total within my first 2 weeks, and they were always because of poor food choices. But, I've really been limiting my carbs, no more than about 12 or 15 net per day max, and when I seem to go over that, I'll see the scale bump up the next day.

So, the plan for my 4th week P4 is to really add a lot of veggies, maybe some I've been avoiding, like broccoli or green beans (its been a lot of asparagus, lettuce, and tomatoes around here) to up my carb count and see how that works. The days that were worst for me were the ones where I ate carb-watch vanilla icecream (splenda sweetened), but I know thats because it has a lot of artificial stuff in it. It put me up about a lb each day I had it (luckily I tried it under LIW the first time), so at least now I know thats the culprit. I cut it out yesterday and today I'm happily down 0.2 above my LIW.

I think as long as I keep the protein high and cut down on the fat as I increase my carb count I'll be okay, but this week I definitely need to experiment with that a little or I feel like I'll never be able to handle any grains again because it'll shock my body so much! I'd like to have a sandwich again someday, LOL.

clairebear- that happened to me all the time on P2, I would go out to a party or just be out with my boyfriend and try one off protocol thing, and it would trigger a crazy eat-what-you-want all out binge. What really changed things for me was one weekend right before I finished, where I lost it and ate crazy (for me, not for someone fortunate enough to have a normal metabolism LOL) and when I weighed my self on Monday I was 10lb up!! I was devastated. I ended up losing it all pretty fast, and getting down a few pounds below where I'd been before the weekend, but if I hadn't cheated, I would probably be at my goal weight now. That pretty much discouraged me from cheating. I really wish I'd been stronger, the mind over matter thing really does work!! I've only cheated once during P3, but it was a conscious decision, and I knew I'd have a steak day the next day, but it just wasn't worth it, it took me a couple days to get back to my LIW and I didn't feel thin (puffed up from water retention.)

I think the biggest thing with sticking to protocol is realizing for yourself that its just not worth it to waste all your hard work on a fleeting "taste," its satisfying at the time, but then the aftermath is the worst. I just tell myself all the time, that one moment of enjoyment is NOT worth being fat again!

R1P2
    Start: 140.8 (without load) Total: -11.2!
    LIW: 129.6

VLC1 - 129.6
    VLC2 - 129.4

P3!!

P3Week1 - 130.8 (+1.2)
    P3Week2 - 129.4 (-0.2)
    P3Week3 - 129.8 (+0.2)
    P3Week4 - 129.0 (-0.6)

P4 & working on losing those last 15 pounds!

R/P/M
    R1P3 Primal
    Glad you're sticking around cmmoo! I'm getting ready for P3 with a book called Primal Body, Primal Mind. (can't remember if I have mentioned it here...) AWESOME BOOK! I'm excited to be able to vary up my diet (on June 14th) but really working to change my thoughts around carbohydrates. They just aren't necessary! I think I am off to a good start and feel that the remaining days of P2 will get me where I need to be mentally. I simply WILL NOT allow myself to cheat (my mantra )
    Loaded May 12,13,14

Quote Originally Posted by cmmoo View Post
    clairebear- that happened to me all the time on P2, I would go out to a party or just be out with my boyfriend and try one off protocol thing, and it would trigger a crazy eat-what-you-want all out binge. What really changed things for me was one weekend right before I finished, where I lost it and ate crazy (for me, not for someone fortunate enough to have a normal metabolism LOL) and when I weighed my self on Monday I was 10lb up!! I was devastated. I ended up losing it all pretty fast, and getting down a few pounds below where I'd been before the weekend, but if I hadn't cheated, I would probably be at my goal weight now. That pretty much discouraged me from cheating. I really wish I'd been stronger, the mind over matter thing really does work!! I've only cheated once during P3, but it was a conscious decision, and I knew I'd have a steak day the next day, but it just wasn't worth it, it took me a couple days to get back to my LIW and I didn't feel thin (puffed up from water retention.)

I think the biggest thing with sticking to protocol is realizing for yourself that its just not worth it to waste all your hard work on a fleeting "taste," its satisfying at the time, but then the aftermath is the worst. I just tell myself all the time, that one moment of enjoyment is NOT worth being fat again!
    I needed to read this!! Tonight I have to go out for a celebration supper with family/extended to celebrate my nephew is engaged and then tomorrow is my youngest nephew's hs graduation party - I'm just sooooo wracked with anxiety to how I will handle the restaurant and then the party tomorrow - I've lost 10lbs by sticking to protocol the past 2 days (binged on Tues) so I really don't want to wreck it but what do I do???? No one knows I'm doing this diet (except hubby) What do I eat???

R/P/M
    R3/P3/HHCG
    I needed to read this!! Tonight I have to go out for a celebration supper with family/extended to celebrate my nephew is engaged and then tomorrow is my youngest nephew's hs graduation party - I'm just sooooo wracked with anxiety to how I will handle the restaurant and then the party tomorrow - I've lost 10lbs by sticking to protocol the past 2 days (binged on Tues) so I really don't want to wreck it but what do I do???? No one knows I'm doing this diet (except hubby) What do I eat???
    What is the restaurant? Can you view the menu before hand, perhaps share it here and we can help you make a good choice? Otherwise, the best option is 'naked' grilled chicken with a salad. As for tomorrow, eat before you go and bring a fruit to have if you need it. Don't be afraid to 'munch' on celery if it is put out... you'd be surprised that most people won't pay attention to whether you're eating or not. Just keep busy moving around tomorrow, chatting with different people.

Good luck!
    ~Fatty

Quote Originally Posted by fatfighter View Post
    What is the restaurant? Can you view the menu before hand, perhaps share it here and we can help you make a good choice? Otherwise, the best option is 'naked' grilled chicken with a salad. As for tomorrow, eat before you go and bring a fruit to have if you need it. Don't be afraid to 'munch' on celery if it is put out... you'd be surprised that most people won't pay attention to whether you're eating or not. Just keep busy moving around tomorrow, chatting with different people.

Good luck!
    ~Fatty
    Thanks!! It's a local owned restaurant so no menu on the web site - but they do have salads and steak and chicken not sure of fish (i know they have a breaded cod sandwich but that is out)

I will be sure to eat first before the party - of course I have to make and bring a fruit pizza but I won't taste it (UGH) I will try to stay away from the buffett - no veggie try lots of noodle salads and bbq turkey sandwiches - I suppose I can pick the strawberries off my fruit pizza if I get hungry as I will be there all day as I'm helping set up and take down

I hate stuff like this as I always fail - even thou I say to myself I won't go off the diet - that usually goes out the window

R/P/M
    R1P3 Primal
    I will try to stay away from the buffett - no veggie try lots of noodle salads and bbq turkey sandwiches - I suppose I can pick the strawberries off my fruit pizza if I get hungry as I will be there all day as I'm helping set up and take down

I hate stuff like this as I always fail - even thou I say to myself I won't go off the diet - that usually goes out the window
    You WILL stay away from the buffet! You can do this! We are all excited to congratulate you when you log in tomorrow and brag about how strong you were
    Loaded May 12,13,14

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvprotein View Post
    You WILL stay away from the buffet! You can do this! We are all excited to congratulate you when you log in tomorrow and brag about how strong you were
    OMG pressure - now I have to be good and to actually be accountable for my actions HA HA! But really that does help! Tonight is the restaurant - I'm thinking sirloin steak? and a plain salad? Then tomorrow at the graduation party I'll just really stay away from the food and try to keep busy with visiting or something

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast