Popular Pages

Page 489 of 553 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 5522

Thread: Follow YOUR plan, and KEEP IT REAL!!! (ANY round, ANY phase, ANY start date)

mrsmicrobrew
    I like you more all the time, Kim!

Misterrollie
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmicrobrew View Post
    I like you more all the time, Kim!
    Back at ya girlfriend!

R/P/M
    R6P2 HHCG
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    Here's the deal regarding the "strict protocol" experiment: from DAY 1, every single person who joins this forum IMMEDIATELY gets bombarded with recommended tweaks, right off the bat. "Don't eat the melba, people lose better without it." "Try skipping one fruit a day." "Add more protein." Obviously, these modifications work well for a number of people. But they are not strict protocol.

If you are a member of this forum, likelihood is that the notion of consuming all eight elements of the diet without omissions or substitutions was put aside even before you mixed that first vial. And these omissions and substitutions are based on a fundamental distrust of the process as written. They are based on the desire to push the protocol to over-perform in terms of losses, or be more accommodating of our sensory desires. I know that the latter was the case for me in Round 2.

I am not condemning the choice to modify the diet in any way that suits you, as long as you are making a plan, and following it without making excuses. That is the purpose of this here thread. But I am seriously curious as to what might happen if I treat myself as if I were one of Dr. Simeons' inpatient clients, without the leeway to make any choice other than to eat what shows up on my plate every day, according to the guidelines set in the protocol. The original HCGers didn't have "notions" in their heads of how to tweak the diet in this or that way. They showed up at the clinic, ate their lunch, came back for dinner, end of story.

I am willing to run a one-month experiment on myself, in which, during the entirety of my R3 VLCD, I will consume all the elements on the protocol, without omissions or substitutions. Two proteins, two veggies, two fruits, and two starches. Every. Single. Day. I will resist the temptation to make the diet even more restrictive in order to make the scale hurry up. I will also resist the temptation to modify the protocol and bend the rules so as to make the diet more gratifying, from a culinary standpoint. My extensive use of the P2 Steak Day during R2 is an example of such a choice.

I'm not saying one choice is more right than the other. I am simply finding it curious that even the "strictest" protocol followers on this forum all too eagerly alter the diet before giving the plan as written a fair chance.

Honestly, next time I hear from one of the Melba maligners state "XYZ isn't on protocol," I'm tempted to say "neither is omitting the cracker."
    I'm the first one to agree that Dr Simeon was a genious way ahead of his time. And his hcg protocol is an INCREDIBLE weight loss tool that has helped many people lose weight. In keeping with following strict protocol as you intend to do, GO ALL THE WAY and don't just pick and choose the things that you would rather do like so many of us others have been doing.

While the rest of us are off-protocol with sticking whimpy insulin needles into our fat bellies or using homeopathic or sublingual hcg or pellets, you need to show us how to do this protocal correctly using only a 2" long needle and inject deep intragluteally in the outer upper quadrant of the buttocks and only at the 125 dose. Make sure you stop the injections as soon as your menstruation cycle commences and do not inject again until it is done. That's how Dr. Simeon did it at his clinic.

Stick precisely to the allowed proteins: 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. Don't go all crazy rogue and start eating dangerous things such as Buffalo or Skim Cottage Cheese. That's simply not following the rules. Oh, and awhile back there was a big debate about whether oranges were really on the original protocal or not. So I think you should leave them out--just to be safe and not sorry. Also, Grissino was Dr. Simeon's first choice. Melba was only a concession he made for Americans so you should only eat Grissino in its original recipe from Italy.

Make sure to go off any and all medications & vitamin supplements (except you are allowed Vitamin C only if you get a cold) including natural thyroid because god knows the dead Dr. Simeon knows more about your health than any doctor you may currently have.

And I do not want to see you sneaking in any extra cosmetics besides lipstick, eyebrow pencil and powder. P&I says you could get "special permission" to use add'l items but since The Great Simeons is dead, I don't see that as an option at this time.

"All things not listed are forbidden, and the patient is assured that nothing permissible has been left out." This means that since Saccharin is the only sweetener specifically mentioned, you should not use Stevia in my humble opinion. Any of the cancer-causing sweeteners that were KNOWN in the 50's should be just fine. Oh, and that would include eating Fage as they probably didn't have Fage in 1950's Italy. Even if it saved MY butt the last 2 rounds, you should never cave in to the convenience of losing weight with it. It's just wrong even if it is a protein!

And no chewing gum or mints with Xylitol no matter how bad your breath gets around others. They are NOT on protocol! No exceptions!

And not matter how backed up your bowels may get and how miserable you feel, do NOT use any type of laxative. You are only allowed to use a Suppository and trust me, there are plenty of people here who would gladly assist you in inserting it correctly if you need help.

Oh, no one here is mean enough to expect you to eat each and every allowed piece of food everyday even if you aren't hungry at the time. That would be unkind & unreasonable to hold you to that. Even Simeons didn't expect that of you.

Looking forward to seeing how this strick protocol AS WRITTEN goes for you (especially the 2" injection needles)! I know I couldn't do this perfectly and stick to it but you have the determination & stamina of the Energizer Bunny!
    Last edited by DuhPrincess; August 18th, 2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: I can't spell!!

Misterrollie
    Ouch.. Those needles and suppositories sound rough.

Misterrollie
    Speaking of things to do with the ass... I feel the need to ask people if anyone else has had problems with coffee?

Here's a little bit of a back story. I drank coffee for years, as I got bigger I couldn't drink it anymore because it would sour my stomach. When I got on HCG and started losing the weight I was able to drink coffee normally again, however in the last week and a half, every time I drink coffee it has a flushing effect. I'm not complaining because it relieves me of having to take Mag citrate or drink smooth move. However I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

R/P/M
    R2/P2/SubHHCG
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterrollie View Post
    Speaking of things to do with the ass... I feel the need to ask people if anyone else has had problems with coffee?

Here's a little bit of a back story. I drank coffee for years, as I got bigger I couldn't drink it anymore because it would sour my stomach. When I got on HCG and started losing the weight I was able to drink coffee normally again, however in the last week and a half, every time I drink coffee it has a flushing effect. I'm not complaining because it relieves me of having to take Mag citrate or drink smooth move. However I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
    Yeuupppp.

More so when i add creamer..
    -Xer0
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan
    "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Mahatma Gandhi

R1 SW- 164.3 LDW 144.3

R2 SW - 151.5
    LDW - 136.5 (-15.1)!
    Today - 138.4 (1.9 above >.<)

Misterrollie
    Really? I've used half & half ( Land o lakes) forever. Hmmm...

This is what I found..

Why might coffee cause diarrhea?

Most people who drink coffee know that it has a laxative effect. In other words coffee makes you poop.
    The high levels of caffeine stimulate the bowels, and the acidic nature of coffee may irritate the bowels.
    Another theory (not mine) is that some people are very sensitive to bile. Bile is part of the human digestive tract’s operation. Bile helps break down fats.
    However, coffee causes the body to secrete bile which then moves into the intestines causing irritation.
    Irritated intestines work overtime to get rid of bile, coffee and everything else along with it.
    As extra liquid rushes to the intestines and coffee stimulates peristalsis, you may get all kinds of cramping…
    Coffee in, diarrhea out.
    http://solvingtheibspuzzle.com/coffee-and-diarrhea.html

The problem with this theory is that I drink caffeine in lots of forms, but coffee is the only one that does this to me.. And I don't think I have IBS at all..
    Last edited by Misterrollie; August 18th, 2011 at 12:30 PM.

Misterrollie
    Please refer to my remarks in my first quote today. ((HUGS))

Blog Entries
    There is no "strict protocol as written". What was written by Dr S is intentionally vague, just look at the part written about vegetarians and tell me he didn't leave it open to interpretation. As for me, I will take what Dr S found, and add the wisdom of current science about hormones and supplements such as insulin and leptin into the mix, so that I can achieve not just weight loss, but optimum health. And if that means dropping the grissini totally and adding an egg, so be it... It matters not to me if another person chooses to be an hCG fundamentalist, and I agree that is an excellent base especially for those who need multiple rounds.
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    If food is not what you need, what is it you really want?

R/P/M
    HHCG
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    I am willing to run a one-month experiment on myself, in which, during the entirety of my R3 VLCD, I will consume all the elements on the protocol, without omissions or substitutions. Two proteins, two veggies, two fruits, and two starches. Every. Single. Day. I will resist the temptation to make the diet even more restrictive in order to make the scale hurry up. I will also resist the temptation to modify the protocol and bend the rules so as to make the diet more gratifying, from a culinary standpoint.
    I plan on being very close to protocol during Round 3. I did most of Round 1 very strict to protocol. I tweaked alot during Round 2, not because of anything I read here, but for various other reasons. Round 2 was not very successful but I won't put all the blame on being non-protocol. There are many things in life that affect our losses. That's why I don't pay attention to all of the "I gained when I ate "x", "I lost if I gave up "z".
    I know that there are many things weren't available back when the testing took place for HCG. But even if it had been, Dr S possible wouldn't have included anything else anyway. Maybe he had his reasons for choosing just the ingredients he chose. So I'm cool with that. Luckily I'm not a fussy eater and like every item on the allowed list. And I love to cook and experiment so I don't get bored with a short list of ingredients. The one thing I will probably do that isn't 100% protocol is a tiny bit of mixing. When I make chili I might add a bit of onion to the tomatoes, for example. But I would say, all in all, I plan to be about 97% on protocol in Round 3.

I was planning on starting Round 3 the first week in September. But some upcoming events are pushing that back til mid month. So now I plan to load 9/12-13 and start P2 on 9/14. Being the anal planner that I am, I've already dug out my old lists, charts, paperwork, recipes. I'm working on and printing out new recipes. I have my shopping lists ready to go. I'm ready!! : )
    Jeepy aka Deni

56 yrs old / 5'4"
    Jan 1 2011 - 156 lbs
    Feb 1 2013 - 135 lbs