Popular Pages

Page 420 of 587 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 5868

Thread: How Many Big Girls Are on This Forum? Weighing Over 250 Lbs?

Posted at the same time Cupid......wow!!!!! Looking good woman!

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Patch
    Cupid - the pics are AMAZING! You should be proud. To see pics is so motivating - even when they aren't your own!
    I am between 5'6"-5'7". At 216 I am in a size 18, but they are starting to get loose. I actually looked up clothing sizing charts this morning after I measured myself...I am 4 inches away in my hips from being a size 14. I have lost 2 inches in my hips already this round, so I am hoping by the end of this round (probably including P3) I will get to squeeze my way into some 14 or 16's. I don't really have a set goal. But I do think my ideal weight is somewhere between 135-155. I think if I can get down to 160 I would be really happy, and then start really focusing on my primal diet and toning up to get to whatever ideal weight I need to be at. But who knows!

Moonie - congrats on finding ways to soothe yourself without food. Though I love the weightloss, I think working through that emotional/psychological trap is a total reward for going through the HCG protocol. I feel so much more empowered now to make good food choices, and to not feel panicky if I am hungry and can't get to food right away. Good luck with Round 3! I hope you see those final 20+ pounds drop!

Caz
    Round 1 Mar 19 - May 3, 2012
    Start: 285 LPW: 249.6 Lost: 35.4#

Round 2 Jul 7 - Aug 7, 2012
    Start: 235.3 LPW: 206.8 Lost: 28.5#

Round 3 Oct 8 - Nov 8, 2012
    Start: 205.9 LPW: Lost:

sweetiepie
    I think 210lbs is a logical milestone for many of us.... it is just below 100 kilos, too, which is why it is one of my milestones. But for now, just hoping this loss will continue... not in the mood for another stall.

And talking to my ex on the phone last night has me in shambles, in a way. I will be hard put to enjoy my first two days of vacation, waiting to finally see him again. Not to mention that I still have 2 1/2 weeks to go. Ugh. All will be well, no matter how it turns out. It would be better for both of us if no spark was left. I don't yet see that happening... so what next? Again some weird no-relationship status while living in different countries? Great. But I can worry this thing to death (which I am doing), and it ain't gonna change a thing. But it occupies my mind. Not sure that is a good thing. And it seems insane to still be crazy about someone after 14 years.

And it means I only have 1 1/2 more weeks of HCG, too! God, I could just stop tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by cazspice View Post

Moonie - congrats on finding ways to soothe yourself without food. Though I love the weightloss, I think working through that emotional/psychological trap is a total reward for going through the HCG protocol. I feel so much more empowered now to make good food choices, and to not feel panicky if I am hungry and can't get to food right away. Good luck with Round 3! I hope you see those final 20+ pounds drop!

Caz

I have failed so many times with losing weight only to gain it (and more) back every time. My health was and still is on the line so this time so there is no way I can every imagine gaining what I have lost. These past two years have been very introspective for me and a few events became the catalyst for my desire to get healthy. I've had to make peace with some things while sadly never understanding others. As I sit here I feel pretty good about all of that.

Do tell, what are you doing to get through those times when you feel panicky if you're hungry and your food choices are not handy.
    Last edited by Moongazer; July 24th, 2012 at 02:36 PM.

sweetiepie
    I know this is something I have with every diet. Once I have lost a decent amount, I am more likely to let go of the whole self-control. Not sure if my mind is playing games or trying to torpedo my loss… something tempts me to see how far I can go without gaining again. That will probably be a problem with P3, too – of course I am tempted with unhealthy carbs, sugar, and alcohol. Just my head, mind you… but something in there wants to stray.

I am really having trouble keeping my head in the game this time around. Very, very tempted to follow Jayy and just throw in the towel after 20 days. But, I am sure I can stand one measly week, right? Next week Wednesday will be my last shot, Saturday will see me enjoying food again - actually meeting my mom for coffee, lunch, and Christopher Street Day, then some partying with friends. And then I have almost a week to get into P3 again before being away from my fridge... no scale for 5 days. That will be interesting.

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Moongazer View Post
    Do tell, what are you doing to get through those times when you feel panicky if you're hungry and your food choices are handy.

The fact that I live alone and keep only the food around that I need for protocol helps - no temptations are lurking in the cupboards. And being perpetually strapped financially has helped because I just can't afford to go splurge on food like I used to do. I think hcg helped me by giving me a reprieve from my bad habits. They say it takes 3 weeks to make a new behavior into a habit, and I really think P2 helped me break habits and start new ones, including tolerating hunger until I could get to healthy choices and not drinking wine every night with dinner.

But I think the real work is emotional. I had a very raw experience several years ago where I was starving and stuck in traffic. I was trying to eat healthy, so I didn't want to just pull into a convenience store to buy crap food. I had this gutteral, verbal, cry come out of me saying "there's no one here to take care of me". It really helped me realize the underlying childhood fear that had been going on with my over eating - it was a way to feel companionship and cared for in the absence of parental care growing up. I have learned that I am empowered to care for myself, and I am not going to abandon myself to die of hunger. It just took the hcg diet to get a chance to put that empowerment into practice!
    Round 1 Mar 19 - May 3, 2012
    Start: 285 LPW: 249.6 Lost: 35.4#

Round 2 Jul 7 - Aug 7, 2012
    Start: 235.3 LPW: 206.8 Lost: 28.5#

Round 3 Oct 8 - Nov 8, 2012
    Start: 205.9 LPW: Lost:

Wow cupid your pics are amazing, looking so good! And your smile says it all

Caz I love seeing your progress, you have honestly got to be one of the most dedicated people I have ever witnessed losing weight. I wish I had more of what you've got!

Sweetie, don't follow me! I'm using homeopathic hcg, which I'm sure a reasonable number of us feel is iffy, which is why I am reluctant to do long rounds of hcg on it. Given the hours I've been putting into the gym lately, I just kept fretting about losing muscle and it was the real driver for cutting the round short. Stress isn't good for weight loss! If I could get hold of real hcg in my country I would do a real round without hesitation. You can do it girl

I have sooo many parties coming up in the next few weeks and just don't know what to do! They're all out of town as well. Literally I am looking at my calendar right now and out of the next 8 weekends, 5 of them are for functions not in my city. I really can't attend them all, for my wallets sake and also because I work on the weekends, but now I have this added worry of deciding which ones I can make it to and how to tell the others that I won't be coming. July/Aug/September is such a birthday season!!

I have started my "hard out primal" as of Monday (my technical p3 start). I'll be low carb every day except gym days, on which I will eat kumara (you call them sweet potatoes I think haha), carrot & white potato. Aiming for 1200 cals per day and as much walking as I can squeeze in. Once my dairy is gone I won't replace it. I can tell I am bloated. My bloating shows in my upper tummy area, like around my waist level. I don't really know what my true weight is right now because I can feel how much water I am retaining!
    Highest ever weight: 282.4 lb (Feb)
    Current weight: 226.0 lb

Total weightloss so far: 56.4 lb | First goal: 227.0 lb | Progress: 100%!!!!!

~23lb lost with hcg, ~33lb lost with primal/clean eating

Because the next 6 months will pass whether I lose weight or not. I cannot be healthy overnight, but I can look back in 6 months and be thankful I finally started.

OMG......Caz, you look beautiful! I can see such a difference. So happy for you!!!

You know, it's all about the emotions for me too and I can imagine it's that way for a few of us here. I feel almost everything before I think something out and I think that is because I wasn't connected/bonded with my parents which left my emotions and yearnings running deep leaving me confused much of the time,...I think it all got a bit distorted in the process too. Strong emotions created in our childhood can remain so powerful throughout our life for most of us until such a day comes where they can be laid to rest for whatever reason. I still don't feel as though there is any one to take care of me even though I know in my heart of hearts there are a few people who would be there for me at any cost even though two of those people live a great distance away. It gives me some sense of belonging in a good way just to know this about them.
    Turns out I'm extremely independent which on it's negative side is something I struggle with....I've been told I'm controlling. Yikes, moi,....controlling? I'm working on that 'emotional' fear too. Letting go and trusting is very hard to do.

Jayy! Ooooooooooh sweet taddies.......my decadent delightful treat of choice! I've never heard them called kumara. Sounds like an East Indian dish.

Sweetiepie. I don't envy your dilemma. I've never any good when it comes to trying to understand my emotions with men. Yet another one of my many issues in life!

R/P/M
    Round 3, starting P2 March 3rd, Body Shaper drops
    Blog Entries
    Cupid! Girlfriend! You are and look awesome! Be proud of all that hard work paying off!
    [Starting weight Feb. 2012: 325
    R1 & R2 -116 lbs.
    Round 3 Week 1: -12.8
    Week 2: - 1.6
    Week 3: -1.0
    Week 4: -5.4
    Week 5: -2.8, +5.8, -1: +2
    Week 6: -4.4
    Week 7: -2.6

Current weight: 198.2

Follow my Weight Loss Journey http://rustysjourney.blogspot.com/
    My Paleo Blog http://theclinganfamily-rusty.blogspot.com/

sweetiepie
    Ach, guys. I am never really good with them. Being a big girl when growing up, I always ended up "proving" to myself that I was attractive and loved by... well, having sex. That is a hard habit to break all by itself. Just when I was realizing that one-night-stands or short affairs usually suck when it comes to sex, I met David - I was 22/23 back then. We hated each other for half a year when working together, ended up at the same dinner party by chance (common friend), and somehow hooked up. And ever since, I am basically lost to the world of dating. We are great together... some of the time. And when things are bad between us, they are really, really bad. But fact is, we are still hooked 14 years later, one way or the other.

Not seeing each other for 5 years has helped some. I haven't had a serious relationship in that time, though, but a couple guys in between. He had one messed-up relationship. That is part of the problem... he didn't want a typical relationship before that, and he sure as hell doesn't want that now. All of our friends are having the stereotypical stuff - house, kids, dog. And he is not buying into that. So we either find some different definition of relationship. Or we stay away from each other again. I think the main challenge is that I know that we have something that is difficult to find anywhere else. I am not sure he knows that yet. He's a guy... introspective is not one of his strong points. And maybe all that we have is sex... August might tell.
    We shall see...

But, on a bright note - yes, I am losing again. 1.3 lbs again overnight, so I am happy. Let's see how much further I can go this P2... 10 more days of VLCD. That can be done, right? Net loss is 11 lbs so far, more with loading. But counting loading weight in subsequent rounds just makes no sense, since I am losing weight *again* that I had lost before. So, 7 more pounds would be nice... we shall see.

---- Ugh, walked out of the house again without my shot. Noticed just when closing the door, turned around to get my injection. I was already starving last night, after a skip day and then forgetting the next day. Honestly, my brain is fried. Now hoping HCG levels will be high enough today to keep me from grazing. Only tomatoes and chicken at hand, so no temptation. Fish for dinner. And hopefully more losses tomorrow!

---- Ugh #2. Jeans arrived today, but boy are those measurements off. I will shrink into it, but we are talking two sizes that I still gotta lose - no way before September/ October. Waiting for the seller to get back to me, trying to exchange for two sizes bigger. I rather have fitting jeans now than constantly try on this pair to see if they eventually fit.
    Last edited by sweetiepie; July 25th, 2012 at 02:17 AM.