Popular Pages

Page 146 of 395 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3948

Thread: Happy Stabilizers

Shakira on the inside!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikkita View Post
    Very interesting articLE I just read regarding food allergies and weight gain.
    http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/04/20/a...aking-you-fat/

Tam - I suspected I was allergic.
    Julie - read your msm blog entry. Question - how much do u take and where do u buy it?
    Thanks Vikki, I'll check it out. I always suspected that the origins of my weight issues stemmed from being forced to eat the things I was sensitive to. When you are exposed to the allergen, it releases a fight or flight response within as your body rallies to push out the offender. It feels like your system is stimulated. If you keep eating it, the body starts to crave that stimulation and you want more of it while at the same time, doing damage bc your body is reacting. Hope that made some sense ...it's late ...but it made sense in my head...LOL!

Ok MSM; purchased in The Vitamin Shoppe, TriMedica brand, in liquid form. I can't remember exactly but I think it was under $20, maybe $12!??? I just fill the bottle cap and stir into my morning coffee...no taste! Then I zoom for the rest of the day with a smile on my face! Seriously, I have to force myself to get into bed...like now!

Check the Internet if you are going to try it. Lots of info. Most say to start with half a teasp and see how you feel but there is nothing reported that is harmful...that I found. Let me know if you do and how you feel. K?

Cheryl (((hugs))) so sorry to hear about your friend. What you said about being there for her however she needs you to be is very powerful. You have great awareness and will be a great support to her. God Bless you both as you move thru this crisis together.

P3 already? That was fast! Congratulations!

R/P/M
    ROUND 5 PHASE 3
    Blog Entries
    Hi All! Good morning! Cheryl, so sorry about your friend. She will be in my prayers. Julie, thank you for the porch protest. Ms Patty, I know they don't understand it but to say I am killing myself is a little drastic.
    I am really bummed today. I woke up to a 0.2 gain WTH! I NEVER stray from protocol. I can stand a stall but a GAIN? Come on! I refuse to update my ticker with a gain. I am off to sulk and feel sorry for myself. Have a great day all. Happy Losing and Stabilizing. Lorie R3 P2 VLCD16
    The journey to weight loss is measured in baby steps.

Beginning a new journey. Wish me luck!

Shakira on the inside!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loriegirl View Post
    Hi All! Good morning! Cheryl, so sorry about your friend. She will be in my prayers. Julie, thank you for the porch protest. Ms Patty, I know they don't understand it but to say I am killing myself is a little drastic.
    I am really bummed today. I woke up to a 0.2 gain WTH! I NEVER stray from protocol. I can stand a stall but a GAIN? Come on! I refuse to update my ticker with a gain. I am off to sulk and feel sorry for myself. Have a great day all. Happy Losing and Stabilizing. Lorie R3 P2 VLCD16
    Lorie --- 2 oz???? that could be a difference in the time you weighed or a couple of sips of water.
    I can weigh as much as a whole pd more or less depending on the time in the morning that I weigh or even the time I go to bed. Did you eat later in the day? I am sure you will have a better day tomorrow--- that 2 oz gain will be gone and then some. Please dont stress! enjoy the day! You are slimmer than you were last week ---- by far!

Shakira on the inside!
    Blog Entries

Sorry for the long post but I just had to.....

I am so excited today!!!! I couldn’t get to sleep last night for thinking about this. I think the MSM has sharpened my brain too!. I have been reading all this unrelated health information and it seems to finally be coalescing. So this is a little long...lots of ruminating...would value your perspective.
    Thank you, Vikki, for sharing that very valuable information. A part of it created an AHA moment for me and may resonate for others, and I'd like you guys to give your thoughts. Here is the excerpt:
    So an unhealthy gut makes us fat and sick because it makes us toxic and inflamed.
    This is groundbreaking research that needs to shake up our thinking about how to help people lose weight and get healthy.
    Now here are a few simple things to try if you are struggling to lose weight or feel better.
    3 Steps to Eliminate Food Allergens and Re-balance Your Gut Ecology
    1. Try an elimination diet for 3 weeks. Cut out the most common food allergens, including gluten, dairy, eggs, corn, yeast, and peanuts. Some people are sensitive to soy, so you can also cut that out.
    2.Eat a whole-foods, plant-based, high-fiber diet. This is essential to feed the good bugs in your gut and to provide the nutrients you need to functional optimally.
    3.Take probiotics daily to boost the healthy bacteria in your gut. Look for those that contain 10 billion CFU of bifidobacteria species and lactobacillus species. Choose from reputable brands.
    Within a very few short weeks — even if you do nothing else — you will see a dramatic difference that comes from cooling off inflammation by healing your gut.
    Remember, if you want to get rid of that gut, you have to fix your gut.

OK, did you hear what I heard? Eat a whole-foods, plant-based, high-fiber diet!!! Isn't that exactly where we landed this week? What if the reason we are not stabilizing is BC we are not eating enough vegetables and fruits which have an alkaline effect on the body? What if the reason our wt is bouncing around after a correction day is BC we are still acidic? So we lose some water wt but if we have not balanced our system, the wt loss doesn't stick, especially if we eat more acidic foods the next day! Most of the proteins, cheese, nuts, all the good stuff... have varying degrees of acidity. SF anything, coffee, cocoa are all acidic. Diet coke too! Maybe that why I really feel so good...I tipped my system into a more alkaline state. So the degree of success we have may be tied to the degree of alkalinity!!! Is that really why Fage and probiotics helps us lose...BC it supports the good bacteria in our guts and eliminates inflammation (acidity)? Do we crave more fage if we need more healing?

What if the reason why Tam is stabilizing is BC the Dukan plan, by balancing nutrients over the course of the week, is really ensuring our systems remain alkaline. That may not have been the original intention of the plan ( I can't remember if Dukan discusses this) but it is a happy outcome.

Here is a link with an alkaline/acidic food list. The author is selling a program, just ignore that, but the info is solid if you click thru. There are lots of lists available w varying degrees of information. Even the green drinks that everyone is promoting for good health and wt loss is aimed at making the body more alkaline!
    http://acidalkalinediet.com/letter.htm

I am so interested in your thoughts. I feel like this group is really doing great work in piecing all this valuable information together. I find all this very fascinating.
    (HI, My name is Julie and I am a Nerd! )

R/P/M
    R2/P2 started 2/25/12 HCG RX SL
    Wow Julie, you are on sharp cookie!! It makes a lot of sense to me. Also I read that a high fat diet can contribute to inflammation and a leaky gut. I must have an extremely leaky gut. Just the other day at my physical when the doc palpated my stomach, she asked if it hurt (routine question) and I replied, it always hurts. She suggested that perhaps it's from my adhesions after my surgery. But last night I had an aha moment - As far as I can remember I have always had stomach tenderness but had attributed it to my IBS. Leaky gut can explain it all, especially the fact that I am developing new allergies. Dukan Diet says to have oat bran everyday, lean protein, fresh vegetables and fruit, makes sense to me. When I was eating bacon, sausage, chicken with skin, I would gain. Yesteray I ate clean and had no dairy escept for one cheesetick and cream in my coffee. Had fish for lunch and dinner with a salad, plus my protein shake for breakfast. I am down 0.6lbs from yesterday. Glad I decided not to do a steak day. Now today -had 98% fat free ham and green beans for breakfast; lunch was 2 nitrite organic chicken sausage (stomach started to hurt as soon as I was done eating) and cucumbers. Snack when I got home was a cheesestick and some raspberries. Dinner I am going to have some Turkey tips and a salad. I want to do the elimination diet which means giving up HWC and all dairy. But if it will help me heal my gut, it will be worth it. Going to get some books by Dr. Mark Hyman to help.
    Taking it one day at a time

HHCG Round 1 LDW = 123
    HCG rx Round 2 started 2/25/12
    LIW 3/29/12 = 113.2

R/P/M
    R2/P2 started 2/25/12 HCG RX SL
    Found this on a website, seems to support Julie's theory -

Your kidneys act as an advance filtering system to catch wastes and toxins circulating in your blood and eliminate them through urination. If this process becomes sluggish or begins to fail, poisonous substances build up, and your health can deteriorate rapidly. Supporting kidney function involves eating an alkalizing diet, with mineral-rich fruits and vegetables, and drinking plenty of pure water (distilled, filtered, or spring). Alcohol, particularly in excess, can be very hard on the kidneys.
    Taking it one day at a time

HHCG Round 1 LDW = 123
    HCG rx Round 2 started 2/25/12
    LIW 3/29/12 = 113.2

Shakira on the inside!
    Blog Entries
    Hi Vicki, so glad the clean eating is working for you. It is for me too. I think it's a much kinder approach than constant correction days. I know they have their place in our bag of tricks but we can easily overdo it. I agree too that just eating correctly is one part....creating the right flora for digestion is a huge part, hence the probiotics/fage connection. And we can easily overdo any area like fats. I noticed that when I added hwc to fage, I didn't do well and my stomach was distended. Definitely something is not right in my tummy when it comes to digesting high amounts of fat.
    I'm sorry you have tummy issues ...it's horrible to live with pain and discomfort (says captain obvious). Sounds like you are doing terrific and figuring things out for you. Yay!

I hope my long post didn't scare everyone away!
    How are you all doing??? Where are my clean eating buddies? Are you getting closed to ldw/liw? Are you calmer about the process? I am geting closer every day...this is p4 w1 for me but I'm staying w p3 foods for now. Also thinking about where to order for my next round. Should be ready in 4 weeks for R3 ...soo exciting!!! Anyone else ready to jump back in? ....summer is a heartbeat away!

R/P/M
    R5P3
    What great info...I need to take my probiotics more regularly. This makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks for providing all of this research. Need to find some MSM today also so I can zoom-zoom like Julie!
    R2P4D16, stabilization feels like it's starting to hit. No huge swings from pasta this past Saturday (I was swinging up about 4 pounds from any starch) and with TOM the past four days staying right about 156.x. Hair loss seems to be subsiding just a little bit.
    Forgot who asked, but I do RX injections from a clinic. Not sure of the brand or dosage. They pre-fill a weeks worth of injections for me and I go 1x week to weigh in and get the next weeks injections. I've thought about buying it cheaper and preparing it myself, but at this point will just stick to what's working plus I love the B12 shot I get each week with my clinic weigh in (talk about mood lifter and zooming!)

Lorie- you will lose that 2oz tomorrow, take off your ring, lol you are doing great!!!!!

Off to the evil dentist
    R1-R3 11/2011-6/2012=196-53=143
    R4P2 2/23/14: 166.4-19.8 = LIW 146.6, P3 End 149.2
    R5P2 6/3-6/30:Pre-load 160.8-20.2=LIW 140.6
    R6-2015--Getting sick of these 15-20 pounds that won't STAY OFF. 2015 they will be gone for GOOD!

R/P/M
    R6/P2/ pellets
    hello clean eaters and stabilizers!
    Lorie- please dont stress over 2 ounces! you are doing amazing- bye-bye 140s for good!

Acey- sorry you are frustrated. it is good that your husband is supportive

Vikkita- thanks for posting the allergy information and sorry that you are allergic to eggs- they are in so much! Are you going to try that laser method? btw- I tried your breaded chicken recipe yesterday for my kids and my son said it was the best chicken he ever had. thanks!

Julie- I did pretty good monday with clean eating but had some organic deli meat yesterday- not sure if processed meat is clean even if it is organic and hormone-free. what do you think? Also, is fage a whole food with live cultures or is it processed? need to sort some of this out. usually I refer to Tosca Reno's books on the "Eat Clean Diet" but it has been a while since I looked at them. www.eatcleandiet.com/ I forgot to weigh in this morning but am also PMSing and tend to bloat up a few pounds so it probably would not be accurate anyway.

Cheryl- sorry to hear about your friend!

Tam- it is great that you like the way you look. that is so important- just feeling comfortable in your own body. I think the last time I felt that way was at 11 years old, but hopefully I can get back to that point again like you did

Maxi- evil dentist? lol- I feel the same way. the only positive note is that I eat less after having the novocaine and being numb

Round 1 (53 days): - 32 pounds
    Round 2 (51 days): - 23 pounds
    Round 3 through 5: - same 19 pounds.. ahhh..

R/P/M
    ROUND 5 PHASE 3
    Blog Entries
    Good morning all! Hey, so glad to hear you guys are doing well on that clean eatting thing. I appreciate anything that keeps us from stressing the scale. Forgive my ignorance but what is a "leaky gut"?
    AFM, I am up another 0.2. I know it's not a big deal but if I had lost it I would be at 135 instead of almost back to 136. I am beyond frustrated. How is it possible to follow protocol and gain weight on VLCD? I feel like I have just lost a whole week. I should be saying goodbye to 135 and instead I'm saying hello to 136 again.
    Oh well, I feel better now. While I was typing my DIL sent me a picture of the part of my grandbaby that makes him a grand SON! I am over the moon!!! Nothing can make me sad today now!
    Have a great day all. Happy Losing and Stabilizing! Lorie R3 P2 VLCD17
    The journey to weight loss is measured in baby steps.

Beginning a new journey. Wish me luck!