Popular Pages

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HCG newbies or near newbies with 50-150lbs to lose following DR.S Original Protocol

Down another 1.4 this morning! Woooo Hooooooo! Just .4 to lose and I hit my first 20lbs lost, soooooooooo close.

19.6 lbs down today start of day 20 ! Fantastic

love watching my mini me chase that rainbow all the way to goal weight baby ! Not long to go now Suzy girl !

I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond. ~ Mae West

Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar while on HCG

Seeing the scale stall, or climb up before going back down is a normal occurrence on any HCG weight loss journey, but there are a few things that can help it go a little smoother. One of these is consuming raw, organic Apple Cider Vinegar daily. The nutrients, enzymes and organic acids in ACV are said to help with a variety of conditions including arthritis, high blood pressure, skin problems, chronic fatigue, and can also help maintain a normal body weight by flushing out toxins in the body and promoting healthy digestion and elimination. The potassium in the ACV will also help neutralize the sodium levels in the body which can help flush out retained water.

ACV can help boost your metabolism and will ease water retention in your system, which may get the scale moving again, however, you don’t want to use just any kind of ACV. Look for an organic apple cider vinegar that still has the enzymes in it. This is where the healing properties are – it can show up inside the bottle as little globs floating around. Shake it up before each use.

Don’t drink it by the gallon. There can be negative side effects to consuming too much ACV, including damage to the enamel of the teeth and some gastro-intestinal irritation. 2 tbsp mixed with 8 ounces of water daily

love watching my mini me chase that rainbow all the way to goal weight baby ! Not long to go now Suzy girl !

I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond. ~ Mae West

R/P/M
    R3P2 - Inj. Rx. Began 8/9/12
    Day 9 for me, .6lbs lost yesterday! I had stopped taking any vitamins and supplements all together (because my prenatal vitamin contained oil), but I had the most horrrrrrible charlie horse this morning in my calf, so I talked to my doctor who is overseeing me and he said it is from a lack of calcium, and that I need to be taking calcium while on this. So, this afternoon when i'm off work, I'm off to the natural foods store to find a multivitamin that is oil free and contains calcium! Has anyone else had this?

I'm drinking a really delicious tea in the mornings to get me going and it helps curb my appetite - Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life - it "energizes and helps suppress appetite". It has 35 mg of caffeine (since I'm a coffee drinker but since I can't doctor it with cream/sugar, I've had to stop and stick to tea!) and is only green tea, herbs, and ginseng. I add a little vanilla creme stevia and it is DELICIOUS! Just a tip for those who might be struggling with morning hunger pangs!

I also found a tea that I'm drinking at night that is so dessert-like it almost feels like a cheat! It is Bigelow Madagascar Vanilla Red Tea, and it is caffeine free red tea with vanilla bean - I add a little stevia to it and it seriously is like a dessert. Plus, having hot tea at night just calms me .

And, in case you are wondering, I drink the tea IN ADDITION to my gallon of water a day. I use a 25 oz bottle and have alarms set on my phone throughout the day at 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, and 10pm. When the alarm goes off, I know I have to have that water finished and fill up for the next section - so I drink 5 of my waterbottles a day. It makes the water reallllly easy to drink because I'm not struggling to make sure I've got it done, it is just spaced out through the day. In fact, a couple days I've drank 6 of the bottles because I just get thirsty sometimes (perhaps due to salt?) when I've finished a meal!

So far - day 9 (day 6 of VLCD) I'm down 5.6lbs from my weight when I started! I did one skip day and lost .6lbs on that day .

elianam love your enthusiasm, you are doing great for day 9!

has your doctor okayed the different flavoured teas you are drinking?

Pure green tea is best, Organic yerba mate tea is also wonderful with the HCG diet.

I know some flavoured teas stall weight loss so make sure you can drink fruit flavoured tea just in case.

Supplements I use are Chromemate & Acai berry detox capsules, both highly recommended on the HCG diet.

Keep up the great work

found this post written by "lilbit" to help us tea drinkers...

Herbal teas are permitted on the HCG diet, but there are rules to follow. When having any herbal tea, and you are not limited on flavor,
    you cannot utilize sugars or honey or artificial sweeteners in the beverages. You will have to sample teas to discover teas that offer you a flavor you enjoy. You can add Stevia to the tea for sweet flavor if you desire. Like water, there is no limitation on the amount of herbal teas you can consume on the HCG diet plan.

read the label - if it has anything other than tea and natural flavorings - than the answer is do not drink it - stick with organic herbals if you can - and when you want a sweet kick to it add Stevia drops...be careful of hidden sugars in things - you have to become a label reader.

.....orange peel i have read is a hidden sugar....watch for it in your spices too

A Tea To Control Your Insulin
    Eleotin tea, a natural product, helps control insulin. Controlling your insulin levels will help you gain better control of hunger and cravings while on the hCG diet. Eleotin tea lowers and controls blood glucose levels, helping you maintain control long after you stop using the tea.

A Tea To Increase Your Metabolism
    Drinking Organic Green tea on the hCG diet as it offers many health benefits while on the hCG diet. Organic Green tea increases your metabolic rate due to the high levels of catechin polyphenols in green tea. Catechin polyphenols increases fat oxidation, inhibits fat absorption and helps glucose regulation. Organic Green tea may also help reduce appetite. Ideally you want 3-5 cups a day.

A Tea To Suppresses Your Appetite
    Yerba Mate tea acts as a stimulant that suppresses the appetite. A study, published in 2009, found that Yerba Mate tea may modulate the expression of several obesity-related genes and produce a potent anti-obesity effect.

An Tea To Burn Your Fat
    Organic Oo-Long Tea contains catechin polyphenols, thearubigin and theaflavin. Organic Oo Long tea also burns fat, increasing metabolism and blocking dietary fat absorption.

Natural Diuretics Teas
    These teas, while not offical hCG diet teas, are natural diuretics, and won’t interfere with the hCG diet and may help jumpstart a hCG diet stall.

• Parsley Tea
    • Cornsilk Tea
    • Dandelion Tea
    • Fennel Tea

hCG Dieters stand to gain many health benefits by drinking these teas and can always enjoy them hot or cold.

R/P/M
    R3P2 - Inj. Rx. Began 8/9/12
    Thanks for the info! The morning tea I drink is just green tea and herbs and ginseng - no sugars or added unnatural flavors (or orange peel). The red tea in the evening is just red tea and vanilla bean so I would think it is ok. I am only using stevia for sweetening, too.

I learned the label reading thing when the first day I used my organic chicken stock for cooking chicken - and then saw later it had cane juice.

Quote Originally Posted by elianam View Post
    Thanks for the info! The morning tea I drink is just green tea and herbs and ginseng - no sugars or added unnatural flavors (or orange peel). The red tea in the evening is just red tea and vanilla bean so I would think it is ok. I am only using stevia for sweetening, too.

I learned the label reading thing when the first day I used my organic chicken stock for cooking chicken - and then saw later it had cane juice.

Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Windburned View Post
    Yay it's back!
    how you going WB? You still on track?

R/P/M
    Round 1, Phase 2, sublingual
    Thanks for all the helpful info! I am on Round 1, my first day of the 500 calorie diet. I am doing
    the sublingual method and am looking forward to seeing results. I appreciate your posts!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast