Popular Pages

Page 89 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: June first (or early June) start/loaders!

R/P/M
    R3, P2, Injection
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ranchgal View Post
    not sure what to do, clinic i go to lets you wait 3 weeks between rounds (only for round 1 to 2 though), then he said 6-8 weeks if i do a third round, which i dunno if i am gonna do. has anyone here done a second round in 3 weeks between rounds before? so many protocols it is confusing to me!
    I agree with Kitri...do 3 weeks P3 & 3 weeks P4...THEN do a new round. I know we are all into instant gratification these days but I'm not willing to jeopardize all the hard work I've done in R1 (and plan to do in R2 as a few co-workers are following in my footsteps next round) and have my final stabilization go wacky when I hit my goal weight. MAYBE even my super secret weight if I do a third round! I'm shooting for 30 lbs fat release with R2. And I'm going to invest in a scale that measures fat% as well.

Speaking of goals, I'm adjusting my final goal weight from 165 down to 155. At 5'8" I feel that it a totally respectable weight and would put me into about a size 8/10. SSW is 140 which is what I weighed when I got married but after 5 babies and two adoptions, a herniated disc, and a shattered knew, that may be a bit of a reach. But I like carrying the idea around with me. :-)

I feel pretty lucky in that I have stabilized in P3 fairly well this round. I've had one big gain day (LIW +1.8) but that was when I really was pushing the limits on what I could eat. Changed back to my lower carb count and it went down straight away. You want to hear something STRANGE? I'm actually looking forward to P2 eating again. It was so simple and easy to get to 500 calories. Not nearly as much strategic planning with meals! And to be totally honest, while I love eating all these (healthy) fatty foods, I still have a nagging little voice in my head telling me that it couldn't possibly be healthy for me. I know intellectually it is okay but after a lifetime of hearing fat is a no-no, it's hard to defeat that little demon. I'm gonna set up an appointment with my P.A. in the week or two just to have blood work done so I can see the numbers for myself.

Did I ever mention that I do a lot of research in my job and simply ADORE statistics? I am WAY STRANGE that sense!!! Thus the reason why I love FatSecret.com so much. Those numbers talk to me in so many ways and tell me a story that regular words just can't!
    Hugs,

Azpearl

R1: 42 Days; Start 210#; Stabilized 188.4#; -24"
    R2: 32 Days; 190.4#; Stabilized 178.4; -12"

R3: After Load - 183.2
    R3/Week 1 - 178.2 (-5.0)
    VLCD #8 - 178.2 (-0.0) NO CHANGE!
    VLCD #9 - 177.2 (-1.0) YAY!

R/P/M
    R3, P2, Injection
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ranchgal View Post
    i am really enjoying p3 and not even sure if i wanna do p4, may just add a few things here and there, i don't think i am gonna add grains back in, never was a big fan anyway....maybe just some corn stuff on rare occasions and i am craving a sweet potato with butter!
    gonna research this rounds thing, getting ready to celebrate my 10 year anniversary with a week cruise and NYC trip with hubs so would be nice to do a short round before then (motivating) but also want to stabilize and not do anything to screw with that....

Sweet potato is totally acceptable on the Primal approach. Also like you, I'm not doing a true P4. Might add a couple things...a sweet potato 1-2X a week for sure! And REAL BUTTER with it. OMG, TOM is getting the better of me!
    Hugs,

Azpearl

R3/Week 1 - 178.2 (-5.0)

R/P/M
    R3, P2, Injection
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitri2779 View Post
    Fage 0%???? That's all I can ever find in the store.

Up or down??? She chose doooowwwnnnn! Too late now...(from my all time favorite movie, Labyrinth.)
    Tell me about it! I had to search 5 stores before I found some place that carried the full fat kind. I wanted to complain and tell the world that fat isn't bad for you...SUGAR IS! LOL!

Do tell me how the popovers turn out! I ordered some Jay Robb protein powder today...can't find it locally. Go figure. Anyway, when I do, I'm making some just to take with me to work for 'tea time'. :-)
    Hugs,

Azpearl

R3/Week 1 - 178.2 (-5.0)

R/P/M
    R1P2 injecting
    soooooo i made the strawberry greek yogurt smoothe, used less yogurt (1/2 cup), 1 cup frozen strawberries, my protein complex powder, 1/2 cup cold water, and more stevia and YUM......i think the stawberries vs blueberries made it better combined with more stevia and maybe mixing it longer........omg heaven
    Round 1, 203-176
    Round 2, 174-162
    Round 3, 161-LETS GO!!!

R/P/M
    Round 1, phase 2, injections
    Quote Originally Posted by azpearl View Post
    Tell me about it! I had to search 5 stores before I found some place that carried the full fat kind. I wanted to complain and tell the world that fat isn't bad for you...SUGAR IS! LOL!

Do tell me how the popovers turn out! I ordered some Jay Robb protein powder today...can't find it locally. Go figure. Anyway, when I do, I'm making some just to take with me to work for 'tea time'. :-)
    Next time I will add shredded cheese and use unflavored whey. I used vanilla egg protein. They are good but taste like quiche with nothing in it. I say add crumbled bacon and cheese and you'd slap yourself they'd be so good! LOL!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344286871.248678.jpg

I wonder if they won't deflate if you let them cool in the oven because they looked absolutely beautiful before I took them out! If they are like souflees then they didn't stand a chance. Keegan is in a screaming phase and he screamed his heart out while I was baking. He gets really excited when I cook! I think he is a foodie at heart too! LOL!

Up or down??? She chose doooowwwnnnn! Too late now...(from my all time favorite movie, Labyrinth.)
    Last edited by Kitri2779; August 6th, 2012 at 03:27 PM.

R/P/M
    I love research too AZ. That's not weird.

I love research too AZ. That's not weird.

YES it is weird- BUT I have to say I love having people like you in my life- I totally use my MIL when I have a question on something but don't want to sit on the computer for hours and look it up- currently I wanted to know more about my Mothers side of the family,... she has research back to the 1700 and we found out all this WW2 stuff about my grandfather.... my mother was 6 months old when he died in action- it has only been a week... NICE!!!

R/P/M
    Quote Originally Posted by erinmom View Post
    YES it is weird- BUT I have to say I love having people like you in my life- I totally use my MIL when I have a question on something but don't want to sit on the computer for hours and look it up- currently I wanted to know more about my Mothers side of the family,... she has research back to the 1700 and we found out all this WW2 stuff about my grandfather.... my mother was 6 months old when he died in action- it has only been a week... NICE!!!
    I want to know more about my family but don't know where to start and when it gets to where they immigrated from Cuba things get a little hairy.

R/P/M
    R3, P2, Injection
    Blog Entries
    Totally addicted to FFF Smoothies!

Down .6 today, putting me at LIW+.2. I'm contributing the loss totally to my new best friend...the smoothie. So funny, because I never liked smoothies before and yet I had two smoothies yesterday (breakfast & late afternoon snack) that made me so happy, I didn't even bother to eat dinner. Had a couple hard boiled eggs and a big glass of water instead and was very content. This diet really does change your relationship with food!

Kitri - so glad to know I have have a fellow geek in my sister hcg dieter! When I was in university, all my cohort HATED statistics but I found the entire subject to be fascinating! Any other kind of math I can do well but I don't enjoy it but statistics gets me hot and bothered!!!

Erinmom - genealogy is so much fun! In my previous life (married, stay at home mom) I did a ton of it and it was so rewarding. Found out I was a direct line descendant of Stephen Hopkins of the Mayflower. Way cool! But that was many years ago when we still had to use microfiche and nothing was online. It's definitely come a long way in the past 20 years.

Off to work! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
    Hugs,

Azpearl

R3/Week 1 - 178.2 (-5.0)

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Injections
    Ok green, you twisted my arm will do some cardio tonight and ballet floor exercises for butt, thigh, core. Maybe some push ups too???? Is that low intensity?? To me low intensity is not getting the heart pumping too hard and not using weights. Is that an accurate definition??

Ugh! Where is my super Mario brothers t-shirt??

Lol, super Mario t-shirt.

Yes, anything that doesnt exhaust you. Hectic workout will flare up glucagon, spiking cortisol. When done frequently, this turns chronic. On a low carb diet, low intensity prolonged exercise is arguably better than high intensity, brief workouts.

This coupled with a high protein and fat diet should help bring weight down to between 2 lbs of 170.