Page 439 of 509 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 5087

Thread: Anyone Loading on October 16th and 17th

R/P/M
    P2
    Laura-I'm sorry about your morning. I hope the day improves. I can relate in so many ways. Sometimes, I can't find any real reason why I am feeling down. And, reality (like being at a good weight, or fitting in smaller jeans) doesn't always get us out of that funk. Hang in there, my experience shows that these down days pass.

Don't tell God how big the storm is...tell the storm how big your God is!

Laura, first of all, you can ALWAYS blame the hormones, lol. I say it as a joke, but that's what makes our bodies operate, so any gain or bloat or mood shift is a result of some enzyme or another. Can you figure out which foods give you the worst gains? Do you keep a food journal? Maybe you can try to just stay away from those. You have one more week of P3, if I'm reading your ticker right. Take it day by day and commit to yourself again and again that this is what you want more than cake, chocolate, bread, etc. Also, as I've learned, the artificial three week limit for P3 is completely ignored by my body. Set your own accurate timeline for when and how you can eat carbs. For me that's basically never, but you might need to have your own strategy and disregard the book on this one.

Larisse, hope the hunger is abated. I increased my dose today and it made a big difference. I didn't finish my lunch and didn't even notice! It's such a wonderous feeling to not want food. As for my weight, yep, this is my old stable zone. After my last round I was mostly at 147 with occasional 148/146. It was nearly impossible to even get to 150 after the first day of P4 gain, let alone 148, so this is a very happy place to be in, particularly with a few more weeks to go!

Right now I have a big pot of white meat turkey soup bubbling on the stove and I am excited to have a huge bowl with zucchini and celery over shirataki noodles. Yum! I am expecting that I will burn my tongue on the first spoonful and suffer through the rest of the meal. Happens every time

Newbies, are you out there? How's it going?

P2D1 154.8,153, 153, 151.8, (?), (?), 150.6
    P2D8 149.8
    P2D9 148.8
    P2D10 148.0

R/P/M
    P2
    Oooh, turkey soup. That sounds good. I may make some this weekend. I did not work today so skipped my shot this morning just to see if my dose was too low or too high. But, just as I suspected, I got super hungry by 11am and knew that the dose must be too low. I think it is only a little bit low, so I went from 125iu to 135iu today. I could go up to 150 if needed, but I think I will stay here for a day or two and see if this is good.

R/P/M
    R6/P3/subq
    thanks for the support girls....feeling a little better today but all this worrying about the scale and what I'm eating is really messing with me....but I'm too scared to stop worrying about cause that's how I gain weight and I really want to avoid that (obviously lol). already thinking that I see another round in my future, after the holidays....I just don't see me making it through without gaining back too much but I don't want to try to do a round during the holidays cause that seems like a recipe for failure
    10/16/10 SW 211.2 LIW 184.0
    01/06/11 SW 192.0 LIW 171.8
    04/01/11 SW 175.0 LIW 162.0
    08/15/11 SW 182.6 LIW 163.6
    10/24/11 SW 168.4 LIW 156.2
    09/09/12 SW 159.2 LIW 145.8
    01/06/13 SW 152.6 LIW 142.6
    09/02/13 SW 162.2 LIW 154.4
    01/08/14 SW 161.4 LIW 148.4

R/P/M
    R4, p4, hhcg, sublingual
    Morning ladies! (And 1 gentleman...)

I hear you, Laura. It can really mess with your mind when the scale jumps around. I had one week where it seemed to want to climb every time I stepped on it, and I don't mean a little bit! I'm still not sure why. However, yesterday I was feeling bloated, fat and generally yucky (despite wearing smaller jeans and receiving compliments at the hairdressers) and I was sure that my weigh in this morning would be ugly. Well, I'm still in LIW range! This despite several birthday parties, a lovely brunch and pizza last night. So sometimes our bodies let us get away with stuff...and sometimes not. (Except Skinny and Larisse whose bodies will figure it out soon!) When I feel fat and yucky I have a "cleanse day" which basically means that I drink extra fluids and consume absolutely no carbs. This usually not only makes me feel better, but brings down the scale as well.

I was looking at pictures from 10 years ago last night and I look scary. Scary skinny. My shoulder bones stick out and you could cut cheese on my collar bones! I certainly don't want to look like that again!

Skinny and Larisse: You guys are doing to well! I'm excited that this round has been successful, despite some hunger. I'm still holding out hope that your bodies will wake up one morning and say: "I like this weight. I'm staying here." This, of course, at a weight you like!

Have a great weekend!
    Round 1: 198 to 176
    Round 2: 176 to 165
    Round 3: 168 to 154
    Round 4: 155 to 142

Round 5:
    Day 1: 158.6
    Day 2: 155.8
    Day 4: 153
    Day 6: 150.8
    Day 8: 150.2
    Day 10: 150.
    Day 12: 150.2
    Day 14: 149.0
    Day 16: 148.4
    Day 18: 148.0

Lol, Annja, because I was going to say, my body does have a weight that it likes to stay at....it just happens to be in the morbidly obese range, and my knees, heart, and vanity don't like that weight very much.

Larisse, I've found a pretty good dose but I'm wondering if it makes a difference where I do the injection. I switch between my upper arm, thigh, and belly. Belly is all flab, thigh is fat and maybe I hit muscle, and arm is muscle. Do you know anything about whether that would change the absorption?

My friend hosted a vegan dinner out in the country last night and her friends put on a small concert. It was a fantastic night and rejuvinating and grounding to spend the evening with a group of people who were about 20 years older than me and living such interesting lives, both now and when they were younger. Until I wrote that just now, all I could think about was how I ate off protocol. Shame on me for losing the forest for the trees, or in my case butternut squash cauliflower soup! I would have felt a lot better about my choice if I didn't have three servings though!!!! At least it was fat free, and the only thing I ate besides some salad greens with a spoonful of quinoa. I didn't have the whole wheat pasta dishes, or the chocolate coconut cake or the pineapple and watermelon, I also had a soda instead of a beer with my coworker before the dinner....but, we all know that my body doesn't respect what else I DIDN'T eat. Interestingly, although squash and quinoa have very low glycemic indexes and I don't think of them as terrible foods for me, my scalp was itching by the time I got home. For me, that's a candida reaction. Maybe in this process of trying to eliminate it, I'm becoming super sensitive to any type of sugar I ingest. It's better this morning, and I did take a double dose of oregano oil, which is one of the products I'm using to try to kill the little buggers!!!!! I haven't weighed yet, but hopefully there won't be too much damage.

P2D8 149.8
    P2D9 148.8
    P2D10 148.0
    P2D11 147.8 (Friday)

If anyone can eat squash, here's the recipe for the soup that I loved so much:
    1 box (organic) butternut quash soup, plus 2x that amount water.
    Cubed squash, chopped celery, 1/2 head cauliflower sliced bite size.
    Salt, lots of pepper, cumin, nutmeg.
    Swoon. You can add parsley or yogurt when eating, but honestly it was so delicious just as it was!

Salad I made today:
    Shredded cabbage, fennel, red onion, parsley. Topped with salt, lemon, granulated garlic. Just something crunchier and more vibrant than lettuce.

I looked at my old food choices. Super boring. Mostly steak, kale, cabbage, shakes, and yogurt. I think I don't bother to be exciting in p2 anymore, I just eat without worrying much about cooking.

R/P/M
    P2
    Thanks for the recipes Diny. I will definitely try the soup--maybe this weekend.

As for the shots--yes it absolutely makes a difference where you inject. I assume you are doing subq which is into the fat. Your needles are probably very thin and short, like insulin needles. If that is the case, then you should not inject into muscle. Muscle will absorb much quicker and and more effectively than fat and you will need less hcg. That is why the dosage is higher for subq injections. The tummy is the preferred place for subq shots as is the upper thigh, but make sure you grab an inch or more of fat and pull it toward you a little to pull it away from the muscle. If you are doing IM shots, into the muscle, a bigger and longer needle--then the thigh is the easiest place to self inject. Where and how you inject will have a big impact on what dosage your body actually gets. Hope that helps.

AFM, I think I just got to LIW from last round. I will have to check the number from last time. But that means I am 5 lbs away from my lowest LIW.

Larisse, congrats! You'll be there in no time!!! Thanks for the injection details. I think that belly and leg will both reult in subq rather than im, there's a sturdy layer of fat on my thigh. No more arm jabs.

So, I'm getting a little bit worried about the hurricane that's on the way. Is anyone else in the path? It's expected to hit Philly late on Monday, but it might start raining tomorrow. I went to buy emergency groceries and walked out with lettuce and cucumbers. Ummmm, probably not the best choices. I do have five cans of tuna, and some yogurt and cottage cheese that i can eat before it would go bad. I had to get out of the store though, each second I was in there thinking about being in a state of emergency and without power, brought me closer to convincing myself that peanut butter would be the best thing to have on hand! No no no!

Small gain from the extra eating yesterday, but I did much better today...
    P2D8 149.8
    P2D9 148.8
    P2D10 148.0
    P2D11 147.8
    P2D12 148.4

R/P/M
    R6/P3/subq
    I hope the storm doesn't hit you too bad Diny...good job on resisting the peanut butter!

so here's something weird...not to complain about weight loss but I've dropped 3 lbs in the past 2 days but I don't think I've done anything different than what I was doing the beginning of the week when the numbers were going up....kinda frustrating when you don't know why you're body is responding in weird ways
    10/16/10 SW 211.2 LIW 184.0
    01/06/11 SW 192.0 LIW 171.8
    04/01/11 SW 175.0 LIW 162.0
    08/15/11 SW 182.6 LIW 163.6
    10/24/11 SW 168.4 LIW 156.2
    09/09/12 SW 159.2 LIW 145.8
    01/06/13 SW 152.6 LIW 142.6
    09/02/13 SW 162.2 LIW 154.4
    01/08/14 SW 161.4 LIW 148.4

Laura, you're right, it would be great to know so you could keep doing it!!! Congrats on the losses though!!!

AFM, I had a great reduction since yesterday's gain. My scale, being as coy as it is gave me two numbers and I'm not sure if I should go with the higher one and buffer against not losing tomorrow, or go with the lower one for extra enthusiasm! Okay, I'm going with the low one, what the hell. If I don't lose tomorrow, I'll understand

P2D8 149.8
    P2D9 148.8
    P2D10 148.0
    P2D11 147.8
    P2D12 148.4
    P2D13 147.2