Popular Pages

Page 174 of 191 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1904

Thread: Procrastinating Pals -- starting P2 mid to late January 2013

R/P/M
    P3 Forever
    Blog Entries
    Carolyn,
    As they say, the days are long, but the years are short when it comes to raising kids. I spent a lot of years "kid-less" but moved to Colorado when my baby sister moved back from working oversees. She and her husband had a 2 1/2 yr old and a 1 year old special needs baby. A year later, they adopted a 9 month old baby from China. So, three kids under 3 I totally get. It's nuts! I lived in their basement for two years, I think for the sole purpose of changing diapers. It is all kind of a blur! Take lots of pictures because between the sleep deprivation and the fast pace, you won't remember as much as you want. LOL. But it does go by fast. Now the kids are in 5th, 3rd and 2nd grade and I've gone from rocking babies to homework patrol. My heart hurts to think of how time will fly by and they will be grown --Tanya, your boy who is deployed---Proud of his service, but Ufta, the worry about him. I feel for you, too. Many a child I babysat over the years has spent time over there. My "littlest" cousin was such a cute little guy as a child that when he wanted to become a Marine we all laughed and thought he was joking. He is a big grown up Lt. Col now, so the joke was on us!

Two more days til loading for the next round! I'm hoarding bacon... I've perfected a personal sized pizza with a cheese crisp crust for P3---hope I can remember it a month from now. I'm up a pound today, tho, because I had it one last time last night.
    P.
    Last edited by PearlyMae; April 10th, 2013 at 08:39 AM.
    PearlyMae (AKA Polly Pocket)
    Jan 2013, Start: 173, LIW 126.8. Do half of it all again: January 2014: Start: 149.4, LIW 127.6
    Ticker: 0 equals 126.8 Original LIW and reflects WEEKLY Average

Carolyn, it gets easier! Or at least, the logistics of getting out the house do! If you have a moms group or a local homeschool group, you'll find they will often have park days, and plenty of moms available to help hold babies and wrangle toddlers. They will also have older girls who will be happy to babysit, or even just come help you do stuff at home, or help you on an outing.

Actually, that's what I'm doing this weekend. My 11 year old's religious school class is leading services Sat morning and my husband will be away. Sat morning services are long -- more than 2 hours -- and there's no way my 2 year old can sit through them. I'm bringing a 13 yr old with me, who will be able to take her out for a walk, a snack, a story, or whatever.

Anyway, I also left a pretty dynamic consulting job to be a stay at home mom. I haven't missed work yet, but I do miss the freedom, the independence, and the money. Still, I think it is a huge privilege to be able to stay at home and raise my children and homeschool them. Sometimes I feel really constrained, but mostly, I love it!

R/P/M
    seventh/Rx injections
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Ha! I know how that is! I am up 3 lbs this morning, putting me 5 over! From what, you may ask? Practically nothing. I tried some psyllium husk powder. I made a low carb, grain free challah with almond flour, coconut flour, and eggs, and I ate some with lots of butter. I ate protein at every meal, but maybe not enough? Three lbs overnight? Definitely reacting to something on that list.

Sadly, I am taking my dd to her swim team banquet tonight, where they will have a BBQ buffet. And tomorrow is my anniversary. Hubby is grilling steak, and I'm making avocado-salmon salad and grain-free, sugar-free, dairy-free strawberry cupcakes with.... Almond flour, coconut flour, and eggs. Sigh.
    Janeen, Happy Anniversary....sorry I was on my trip and didn't get to wish it to you on the actual day....man, I love baking with alternative "grains". Haven't done it much this time around but think I am starting to gear up for it. Need to get rid of my "road weight" first tho. CD yesterday took off 1.8 and will see what tomorrow morning brings. If still out of range , I will do another CD....
    Candice
    "nothing tastes as good as thin feels!"

Thank you! This trying to maintain business is just a PITA, isn't it? I've decided that everything that isn't meat or veggie is a treat. It kinda sucks, but 245 lbs sucks more. I really do need to get my butt to the gym, though. I've been "meaning to" for about a month now....

R/P/M
    round 4phase 2 homeopathic drops
    gggrrrr.....my chicken, yogart day, i only lost have lb. still 2.4 lbs up. fat fast for sure today.

I used to go to MOPS "mothers of preschoolers". loved it!! Great way to get out and meet other moms, make new friends and your kids are having a great play date for 2-3 hours.

R/P/M
    R2P2 SubQ Injections
    Blog Entries
    Good Morning,

Hang in there Carol and embrace the wisdom of those who have been where you are. I was afraid to leave the house with just 1 It will get easier!

Pearly and Okika...I'm starting my loading on the 19th. Let's do it!

R/P/M
    R2P2 SubQ Injections
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    LOL, no, but I do like to cook and bake. I think Okika gets our James Bears award, though.

And it looks like -- more caramel corn, ice cream, and cheeseburgers for you! Seriously, though, sometimes the results don't show on the scale until the second day, but I hope not. It does sound like you are stabilizing really well, and I'm glad about that. Somehow, I had a feeling you would.
    Thank you Janeen! Still no gain!! I ate tortilla chips yesterday for the first time and I'm down another pound. Wish I knew what I was doing! The only thing I can think of is i haven't added any wheat back into my diet and I'm scarred to do so! Would love to have a slice or 2 or 3 of pizza! Any wheat free recipes chef?

R/P/M
    R2P2 SubQ Injections
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyMae View Post
    Carolyn,
    As they say, the days are long, but the years are short when it comes to raising kids. I spent a lot of years "kid-less" but moved to Colorado when my baby sister moved back from working oversees. She and her husband had a 2 1/2 yr old and a 1 year old special needs baby. A year later, they adopted a 9 month old baby from China. So, three kids under 3 I totally get. It's nuts! I lived in their basement for two years, I think for the sole purpose of changing diapers. It is all kind of a blur! Take lots of pictures because between the sleep deprivation and the fast pace, you won't remember as much as you want. LOL. But it does go by fast. Now the kids are in 5th, 3rd and 2nd grade and I've gone from rocking babies to homework patrol. My heart hurts to think of how time will fly by and they will be grown --Tanya, your boy who is deployed---Proud of his service, but Ufta, the worry about him. I feel for you, too. Many a child I babysat over the years has spent time over there. My "littlest" cousin was such a cute little guy as a child that when he wanted to become a Marine we all laughed and thought he was joking. He is a big grown up Lt. Col now, so the joke was on us!

Two more days til loading for the next round! I'm hoarding bacon... I've perfected a personal sized pizza with a cheese crisp crust for P3---hope I can remember it a month from now. I'm up a pound today, tho, because I had it one last time last night.
    P.
    Ooh I just saw this Pearly! Can I try your pizza crust recipe? I'm craving pizza!

R/P/M
    P3 Forever
    Blog Entries

Pizza Crust

Blak--I have tried them all and the thing with pizza is--when I want it, I want it NOW, and am not in the mood to bake a fussy crust. The Lighter Side blog's Jamie had a post about making cheese chips, ( http://yourlighterside.com/2012/10/m...runchy-nachos/ Note: her microwave must be turbo charged as she says it takes 45 seconds and mine takes 3 minutes 15 seconds so experiment!) and it reminded me that I used to make them several years ago. I had learned to make them with sliced Provolone cheese and Jamie used American cheese (not the "cheese product slices, but from the deli) and the idea that different cheeses would work opened up a whole new world.

For Pizza, I just spread a layer of shredded mozzarella in a Pam'd pie plate that will go in the microwave. I leave an inch free at the edges, and while you don't want it deep, you don't want holes or spaces. Zap it until all of it is brown, just on the edge of burning. It won't get crispy enough if you don't let it get good and brown. Take it out and let it cool on a paper towel on a rack. If it doesn't get crisp in a minute or two, zap it a bit more!

Put it on a baking sheet (or back in the pie plate) and top with pre-warmed pizza sauce (I just add spices like basil, oregano, garlic salt, pepper to tomato paste or pureed diced tomatoes and let simmer until flavored), your favorite cooked toppings (pepperoni and black olives slices for me!) and a nice thick layer of mozzarella, put into a pre-heated 350 oven until the cheese melts. (You can also put it in a sauté pan and cover---all you are trying to do is quickly melt the cheese topping so you can do it however. I suppose you could zap it, too!) Done! Move it to a plate and as soon as you can handle it, cut into slices with kitchen scissors.

I now also make hot dog buns and taco shells (a mix of cheddar with mozzarella and jack cheese shreds--cheddar alone will spread too much and not crisp up) by making long ovals, and not browning quite so much, then bending them around a small rolling pin before they harden while still hot.

Not fancy, but quick, easy and very satisfying. Jamie has other recipes and is famous for her Cauliflower and mozzarella crust, which is good, but if you don't have time or something made up ahead, this works!

P.
    Jan 2013, Start: 173, LIW 126.8. Do half of it all again: January 2014: Start: 149.4, LIW 127.6

R/P/M
    P3 Forever
    Blog Entries

Popcorn and coconut oil

I already posted a toooo long post but wanted to share about POPCORN. This is the one thing from P4 that I wanted before I went back into P2. I decided last night to just go ahead and try it and if I gain, I gain even if I have to do a CD my last day of P4! But, I used coconut oil to make the popcorn (I have a theater style whirly pop). I was afraid it would be sweet, but it was just good popcorn. I didn't even want butter. And I'm back down just under my LIW today, after being up yesterday. YAY! Popcorn may be in my future again after all. P.