Popular Pages

Page 70 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 942

Thread: Wanted Friends, buddies & other support pals

  1. #691
    Senior Member Skinnycow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    R/P/M
    R2/P2 RX drops
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper3411 View Post
    Skinny - true 5 pounds up or down is def not as hard as 20 to 30! I would just like to keep an even better eye on it this time lol!! We shall see how it goes right!

    Yeah, I'm with you gotta keep it in that 2 lb range or it can get out of control.

    We are getting to be a quite bunch, sure that will change when everyone gets back to p2.

    Today is my LDW..I didn't loose anything from yesterday so its 143.8 (I keep typing 133.8 and having to correct, wishful thinking).
    I lost what I put back on after round 1 and a little bit extra. This is a lesson to learn for me and everyone else...don't go haywire when you decide you'll do another round. I decided in Oct..started in Feb and ate everything in between.

    Cannot wait for Sunday and some p3 food!!!

    Happy losses all!! (or maintaining for most of you).
    Round 1 - 26.6 lbs loss (March 4th - April 28th, 2011) LDW 144.6
    Gained 17.6 pounds back

    Round 2 - 18.4 lbs lss (only a smidge more then I put back on after round 1)
    Feb 12, - March 31, 2012 -- LDW 143.8



  2. #692
    Senior Member moya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    R/P/M
    R1/P3/LDW 130.1
    Posts
    223
    I thought I posted yesterday evening....where is it? Darn it, I hate it when that happens. I am sure it was really important stuff too (). Anyway, up a little over a pound today so finally biting the bullet and doing a steak day. Probably because of the copious amounts of strawberries I consumed right before bed. I was seriously on my way to bed, opened the fridge for a sip of water and they looked so good that I sliced up a huge bowl. Then I decided that wasn't enough so I sliced up another huge bowl. Pretty smart.

    Man, Skinny, that sucks to just be where you had started. But a good lesson, seriously. I could totally see me doing that, thinking that it is a free for all and I need to get my fill before another round. Something to keep in mind since I am contemplating another round.

    So, I have been watching for Azbonnie since she got back, but she hasn't come back since she reported she was up after her vacation. I hope she hasn't gotten too terribly discouraged. I know how frustrating it is, and was so close to doing the same after mine. We need to exchange phone numbers so we can text a pep talk if one of us falls off! COME BACK HERE AZBONNIE! WE'RE WITH YOU ON THIS (can she hear me?)

    Well, time to go move around so I forget that my stomach is growling! Happy Friday all.

  3. #693
    Senior Member Skinnycow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    R/P/M
    R2/P2 RX drops
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by moya View Post
    I thought I posted yesterday evening....where is it? Darn it, I hate it when that happens. I am sure it was really important stuff too (). Anyway, up a little over a pound today so finally biting the bullet and doing a steak day. Probably because of the copious amounts of strawberries I consumed right before bed. I was seriously on my way to bed, opened the fridge for a sip of water and they looked so good that I sliced up a huge bowl. Then I decided that wasn't enough so I sliced up another huge bowl. Pretty smart.

    Man, Skinny, that sucks to just be where you had started. But a good lesson, seriously. I could totally see me doing that, thinking that it is a free for all and I need to get my fill before another round. Something to keep in mind since I am contemplating another round.

    So, I have been watching for Azbonnie since she got back, but she hasn't come back since she reported she was up after her vacation. I hope she hasn't gotten too terribly discouraged. I know how frustrating it is, and was so close to doing the same after mine. We need to exchange phone numbers so we can text a pep talk if one of us falls off! COME BACK HERE AZBONNIE! WE'RE WITH YOU ON THIS (can she hear me?)

    Well, time to go move around so I forget that my stomach is growling! Happy Friday all.
    Oh that is when Bonnie started missing...BONNIE....don't give up we're with you....come back. (there maybe if we both do it, she'll hear us


    Ok, so I just ate a chocolate cake.... I was so hungry without the drops and it was there.... Lots of water and keep going right? That's what i'm going to do. really need p3 to get here. I know I can handle the p3 foods.
    Round 1 - 26.6 lbs loss (March 4th - April 28th, 2011) LDW 144.6
    Gained 17.6 pounds back

    Round 2 - 18.4 lbs lss (only a smidge more then I put back on after round 1)
    Feb 12, - March 31, 2012 -- LDW 143.8



  4. #694
    Senior Member Skinnycow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    R/P/M
    R2/P2 RX drops
    Posts
    538
    I know I wasn't the only one missing the Reeses's PB eggs...here is a low calorie low carb (3.5 net carbs) recipe I found on pinterest:

    the link - http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/201...t-butter-eggs/

    the recipe -
    Copycat Peanut Butter Eggs

    (Makes 6-9 eggs)

    Can be sugar and gluten-free!
    ■1/4 cup pb (or any nut butter)
    ■dash salt (I also use salted pb)
    ■1/4 cup powdered sugar or Sugar-Free Powdered Sugar
    ■2 tbsp. cocoa powder
    ■2 tbsp. virgin coconut oil (see below, for substitution notes)
    ■Liquid stevia to taste, or 2 tbsp. agave or pure maple syrup
    ■2 more tbsp. of the sugar/sf sugar, if needed

    Mix the first three ingredients together in a bowl until it becomes a crumbly dough. (Note: if your nut butter is from the fridge, let it sit awhile—or microwave a few seconds—so it’s easier to mix. Also, I put the dough into a plastic bag to shape into a ball with less mess.) Add the extra 2 tbsp. sugar/sf sugar if it’s too gooey. Taste the dough and add a little more salt if desired. Form dough into flat little ovals (or egg shapes, but real Reeses eggs are flat). Freeze the dough for an hour or so, until it’s hard.

    Meanwhile, mix the cocoa and coconut oil (melt the oil if it’s not already melted) in a shallow dish. Add the agave/maple or stevia drops. If you use the stevia option, also add a scant 2 tbsp. water or extra oil. Mix until it looks like chocolate sauce, and then take one “egg” out of the freezer at a time (so the rest stay cold) and cover in chocolate. (I used a corn-cob skewer. No idea why I even have those, but they worked really well! A fork would also be fine.) Immediately return covered egg to the freezer and let harden. Best to store these in the freezer as well. You can thaw a little before eating, or eat when frozen–either way, they’re awesome!
    Round 1 - 26.6 lbs loss (March 4th - April 28th, 2011) LDW 144.6
    Gained 17.6 pounds back

    Round 2 - 18.4 lbs lss (only a smidge more then I put back on after round 1)
    Feb 12, - March 31, 2012 -- LDW 143.8



  5. #695
    Senior Member moya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    R/P/M
    R1/P3/LDW 130.1
    Posts
    223
    I am not to be trusted with peanut butter in the house, so I'll be skipping that recipe! 1/4 cup peanut butter will leave.... oh ..... about 1 1/2 cups left in the jar for me to eat straight with a spoon.

    Next time, skip the chocolate cake and eat more chicken breasts instead, skinnycow! Sounds just as good, right???? Actually I am so hungry on my steak day that I'd take either about right now. I have done two steak days in the past and don't recall them sucking quite this much. It isn't even 5:00 and I am prodding my husband to light up the grill!

  6. #696
    Senior Member Skinnycow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    R/P/M
    R2/P2 RX drops
    Posts
    538
    Oh Moya I remember your PB mishap now...yeah keep it outta the house!

    I love pband chocolate like pb and jelly but that's about it. I hate it on its own and really hate savory peanut butter dishes (like with noodles in Asian cuisine).

    Chicken would have been better then cake..I have decided no dinner. Hopefully that helps.

    Hope you've had your steak Moya. Its so much harder to do a steak day the farther away from your last hcg dose.
    Round 1 - 26.6 lbs loss (March 4th - April 28th, 2011) LDW 144.6
    Gained 17.6 pounds back

    Round 2 - 18.4 lbs lss (only a smidge more then I put back on after round 1)
    Feb 12, - March 31, 2012 -- LDW 143.8



  7. #697
    Senior Member moya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    R/P/M
    R1/P3/LDW 130.1
    Posts
    223
    Steak day was a smashing success! Down close to 3 lbs, but more importantly only 2.3 lbs from LDW. I'll take it. Not a horrible recovery from the vacation gain really. Just a week and a half and two steak days to get back to where I started (I was up a couple pounds going into it). The day I got back I was 10.5 lbs over LDW - now I know most of that was simply bloat but still SCARY. I keep hearing all of these people touting Intermittent Fasting for a couple days a week so I may just give that a try. I hear ya on it getting harder the longer away from P2 you are, it is like my body forgot what it was like to go without, so maybe the IF will help with that. Plus it is not as strict as the steak day and I figure if I can have a snack like Fage mid-afternoon, that cuts out the worst part of the steak day.

    Now, with that being said, I am sure I will gain it all back because I just ate one of those breakfast bars loaded with carbs and sugar, along with an apple, for breakfast because I need to go on a longish run. I think I need the carbs for energy, so have to come to grips that I may need to do planned "cheats" one day a week and just expect the response from the scale the next day. Thinking of going out to a friend's house tonight to watch KU in the Final 4! If I do, I am quite sure there will be bad snacking involved too. Part of me wants to stay home so I behave and don't totally blow my steak day advances!

    Happy Saturday!

  8. #698
    Member azbonnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Washington
    R/P/M
    3/2/HCG 175IU
    Posts
    97
    Thanks for thinking of me. After my traumatic post vacation weigh-in I wanted to immediately start a new round. I didn't have enough sterile water to mix so I had to wait for some in the mail. Yesterday was my first official day of Round 2 VLCD, oh how happy I am to be in control again. I dropped nearly 4 pounds overnight - I swear I could feel my jeans getting looser as I was running around waitressing last night. I am so glad I found the will power to stop the gain before I reached the point of no return. I am planning on a 23 day round, hopefully get to 125 but I will accept anything in the 120's.

    Sorry to be MIA - I have been sorting through major baby-daddy - um, teen-daddy drama lately. I have not been sleeping and feel rather strung out.

    Moya - Congrats on the steak day, how exciting is that?!

    Skinny - Forget about the cake and move on, you have this.

    Nicole - I love your hair blonde, so pretty.

    Lexi - you are doing great, very encouraging.

    Photo - I am so glad to be starting phase 2 with someone, I hope loading treated you well!
    R1 End Weight: 128.8
    R2 End Weight: 129
    R3 Start Weight: 173 ouch!
    VLCD Day 33 152

  9. #699
    Senior Member Skinnycow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    R/P/M
    R2/P2 RX drops
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by moya View Post
    Steak day was a smashing success! Down close to 3 lbs, but more importantly only 2.3 lbs from LDW. I'll take it. Not a horrible recovery from the vacation gain really. Just a week and a half and two steak days to get back to where I started (I was up a couple pounds going into it). The day I got back I was 10.5 lbs over LDW - now I know most of that was simply bloat but still SCARY. I keep hearing all of these people touting Intermittent Fasting for a couple days a week so I may just give that a try. I hear ya on it getting harder the longer away from P2 you are, it is like my body forgot what it was like to go without, so maybe the IF will help with that. Plus it is not as strict as the steak day and I figure if I can have a snack like Fage mid-afternoon, that cuts out the worst part of the steak day.

    Now, with that being said, I am sure I will gain it all back because I just ate one of those breakfast bars loaded with carbs and sugar, along with an apple, for breakfast because I need to go on a longish run. I think I need the carbs for energy, so have to come to grips that I may need to do planned "cheats" one day a week and just expect the response from the scale the next day. Thinking of going out to a friend's house tonight to watch KU in the Final 4! If I do, I am quite sure there will be bad snacking involved too. Part of me wants to stay home so I behave and don't totally blow my steak day advances!

    Happy Saturday!
    WOW steak day was a smashing success for you. Great job! And good job getting the vacation weight off. It's so easy to just say screw it I'll do another round later...but you stayed on top of it and lost it. And showed me that loosing even 10 lbs after a vacation isn't very hard. Glad to know it works for someone.

    What is different with the IF and the steak day? I still want to loose 5-10 lbs when I get to p4.

    Quote Originally Posted by azbonnie View Post
    Thanks for thinking of me. After my traumatic post vacation weigh-in I wanted to immediately start a new round. I didn't have enough sterile water to mix so I had to wait for some in the mail. Yesterday was my first official day of Round 2 VLCD, oh how happy I am to be in control again. I dropped nearly 4 pounds overnight - I swear I could feel my jeans getting looser as I was running around waitressing last night. I am so glad I found the will power to stop the gain before I reached the point of no return. I am planning on a 23 day round, hopefully get to 125 but I will accept anything in the 120's.

    Sorry to be MIA - I have been sorting through major baby-daddy - um, teen-daddy drama lately. I have not been sleeping and feel rather strung out.

    Moya - Congrats on the steak day, how exciting is that?!

    Skinny - Forget about the cake and move on, you have this.

    Nicole - I love your hair blonde, so pretty.

    Lexi - you are doing great, very encouraging.

    Photo - I am so glad to be starting phase 2 with someone, I hope loading treated you well!
    So glad to hear you are back Bonnie and you are doing good!!!!

    AFM

    I didn't gain from the chocolate cake (twice I cheated with this cake and didn't gain...really this is my miracle cake, lol). I lost .2 I'm sure it has more to do with not having dinner then having the cake.

    Today is the last day before p3 and I find myself cheating with p3 food (cheese mainly). I'm one day away and think it's ok if I keep my calories down...hopefully I'm ok. I will have a light dinner.

    I made a low carb pizza to enjoy tomorrow (the pizza crust is made from chicken and mozzarella...strange but people swear it is good). I'm excited to try it. Also going to freeze some of those Reses' PB eggs I posted the recipe for (want something for my sweet tooth other then a cheat in the hubby's cupboard where all the bad stuff is).
    Round 1 - 26.6 lbs loss (March 4th - April 28th, 2011) LDW 144.6
    Gained 17.6 pounds back

    Round 2 - 18.4 lbs lss (only a smidge more then I put back on after round 1)
    Feb 12, - March 31, 2012 -- LDW 143.8



  10. #700
    Senior Member moya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    R/P/M
    R1/P3/LDW 130.1
    Posts
    223
    Bonnie - so glad that you checked in. Do you think it was strange that I was worried about you? Considering that I had also just come off vacation and had the gain and sinking feeling and wanted to just throw in the towel, I wanted to make sure you recovered. So glad to hear that you are reigning things in too. I am sure you will do great on R2!

    Skinny - I am pretty happy that I was able to recover too. Unlike Bonnie, I was just not mentally prepared to settle into another round quite yet... or socially since I am supposed to be running a half marathon in a couple weeks with a group. The way I see it, here are the few options that you have after .... stopping the cycle by trying to get back on plan to drop the vacation weight (my plan), trying to get back on plan by starting another round (Bonnie's plan)....or getting frustrated and saying F it. So I am proud of us for not saying F it! The support here really helps. So, welcome to P3! Is it just us now? It seems maybe all the others started another round? I am tempted to ask for the recipe for the magic cake, but I don't think that I want to be tempted But if the pizza is good, I may take that one!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •