So many people are asking about what to eat on a P3 Leptin Reset, so I thought I would start this thread. Please share different meal ideas that work for you.
BAB= Big Ass Breakfast, ideally eaten within 30 minutes of rising. 50 - 75 protein grams. As always, no sugar, no starch.
- Steak (3.5 oz) & eggs (4), 1/2 grapefruit, coffee with cream = approx 55 protein grams, 25 fat grams, 12 carb grams
- Halibut or Tilapia (4 oz), 4-5 strips bacon, orange, coffee with cream = approx 50 protein grams, 25 fat grams, 13 carb grams
- Omelet with 2 eggs + 1/2 c eggwhites, 3.5 oz gr beef, diced onion, etc., 1/2 avocado, strawberries, coffee with cream = approx 55 protein gram, 47 fat gram, 20 carb grams
BAS = Big Ass Soup, Salad, Stew, Stirfry or Skewers, ideally finished 3 or more hours before going to bed. Remember to try and get 8 to 10 hours of restorative sleep!
- Salad, Mixed greens with choice of protein, apple, approved dressings
- Soups or Stews, made with protein & veggies, bowl of berries
- Stirfry made with protein & veggies, fruit of choice
- Skewers or kabobs made with proteins & veggies, yada yada yada (try some bacon wrapped shrimp! yum)
Use spices to taste. When I make my stirfry, I will sometimes add a touch of sesame oil, or hot chili oil, to enhance the flavor. I make a big batch of salad every couple of days and keep it in a baggie in the fridge, so it's easy to create a meal based around it. I add parsley, arugula, green onions and radishes for a little zippy flavor in the salad. I use just a little real bleu cheese or feta cheese crumbles to enhance flavor, sometimes crumbled bacon too. Save some bacon fat & use later to make salad dressings! Sweet potato fries or hashbrowns are good to introduce at some point, cooked in (unflavored) coconut oil, as are little purple or red potatoes in moderation. these can also be added to soups or stews.
Many people trying this have no hunger at lunchtime. That is what happened to me. However, I wanted a cup of coffee with cream at lunch, so I would eat 1/2 fruit or some chicken or something like that and I was good until dinner. I had no hunger after dinner at all when following this plan, and my weight stabilized like a rock although some people continue to lose slowly following this reset program.