Popular Pages

Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ass Breakfasts, and other Leptin Reset Meals

Big Ass Breakfasts, and other Leptin Reset Meals

So many people are asking about what to eat on a P3 Leptin Reset, so I thought I would start this thread. Please share different meal ideas that work for you.

BAB= Big Ass Breakfast, ideally eaten within 30 minutes of rising. 50 - 75 protein grams. As always, no sugar, no starch.

• Steak (3.5 oz) & eggs (4), 1/2 grapefruit, coffee with cream = approx 55 protein grams, 25 fat grams, 12 carb grams
    • Halibut or Tilapia (4 oz), 4-5 strips bacon, orange, coffee with cream = approx 50 protein grams, 25 fat grams, 13 carb grams
    • Omelet with 2 eggs + 1/2 c eggwhites, 3.5 oz gr beef, diced onion, etc., 1/2 avocado, strawberries, coffee with cream = approx 55 protein gram, 47 fat gram, 20 carb grams

BAS = Big Ass Soup, Salad, Stew, Stirfry or Skewers, ideally finished 3 or more hours before going to bed. Remember to try and get 8 to 10 hours of restorative sleep!
    • Salad, Mixed greens with choice of protein, apple, approved dressings
    • Soups or Stews, made with protein & veggies, bowl of berries
    • Stirfry made with protein & veggies, fruit of choice
    • Skewers or kabobs made with proteins & veggies, yada yada yada (try some bacon wrapped shrimp! yum)

Use spices to taste. When I make my stirfry, I will sometimes add a touch of sesame oil, or hot chili oil, to enhance the flavor. I make a big batch of salad every couple of days and keep it in a baggie in the fridge, so it's easy to create a meal based around it. I add parsley, arugula, green onions and radishes for a little zippy flavor in the salad. I use just a little real bleu cheese or feta cheese crumbles to enhance flavor, sometimes crumbled bacon too. Save some bacon fat & use later to make salad dressings! Sweet potato fries or hashbrowns are good to introduce at some point, cooked in (unflavored) coconut oil, as are little purple or red potatoes in moderation. these can also be added to soups or stews.

Many people trying this have no hunger at lunchtime. That is what happened to me. However, I wanted a cup of coffee with cream at lunch, so I would eat 1/2 fruit or some chicken or something like that and I was good until dinner. I had no hunger after dinner at all when following this plan, and my weight stabilized like a rock although some people continue to lose slowly following this reset program.
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    If food is not what you need, what is it you really want?

R/P/M
    R1P2 Rx sublingual
    BAB protein shake for days in a hurry (yeah, I know Dr K wants real food and no shakes but I don't have a wife to cook me up 1lb of bacon while I do my yoga )
    1 scoop stevia sweetened egg white protein powder (about 25 g)
    4-5 raw pastured/free range eggs (24-30 g protein)
    1/2 c black currants, preferrably frozen
    1 c spinach, raw or frozen
    1/3 -1/2 c coconut milk

if I am not in a hurry I just cook up the eggs with the spinach and have the protein shake on the side

Thanks maile! Sometimes time is a factor.

Thought I'd copy this list over here from the Leptin Diet thread:
    here's a quick list taken from Fitday:

Calories are before added fats & serving sizes 3.5 oz or 100 wt grams unless noted:

Description, calories, protein
    Chicken breast, 100, 31 gr
    Lean Steak, 145, 30 gr
    Lean Grd Beef, 140, 28 gr
    Roast Beef, 140, 26 gr
    Crab, 100, 22 gr
    Shrimp, 105, 21 gr
    Halibut, 110, 27 gr
    Tilapia, 95, 26 gr
    Orange Roughy, 75, 23 gr
    Cod, 85, 23 gr
    Eggbeater Eggwhites, 60, 12 (1/2 cup)
    Whole Lg Egg, 80, 6 gr
    Lean Port Loin, 120, 29 gr
    Bacon +/-, 90, 6 gr (2 average slices)
    Protein shake +/- 100, 15 gr (sugar free, J Robb, etc)
    Tuna,alb in H2O, 120, 13 gr (5 oz can)

Many fruit & veggies also have about 1 - 2 protein grams per serving.

Feel free to add to the list. I only included those foods I eat often.
    Sleeveless in Seattle

leptin reset??

I keep hearing different things about dairy with the leptin reset-- is it allowed?? I like half anf half or HWC in my coffee. And what are the "approved dressings" mentioned earlier in this thread??
    Thanks!!

I discovered that it's easier for me to finish my food if my chicken or meat is ground. go figure! No problem taking in the 8 oz of chicken for breakfast at all! I just saute it with some coconut oil and some onions and with a bit of salt and pepper. Simple as can be and fast too.

R/P/M
    R2P3
    Steak and cocoa crack has been my go-to breakfast this past week. My round 2, phase 2 was super hard, and I'm in week one of p3, so I've been wanting to spoil myself with beef and lots of it! Tomorrow, I'm doing ground hamburger patties. I will try chicken, bacon or shrimp next week. I haven't introduced eggs in this p3 yet...too scared. I usually don't have any veggies/carbs with my BAB. I'm never full until supper around 4-5 pm. Then, I eat a loaded salad, soup or stir fry with lots of veggies, depending on what I've got in the fridge. Tomorrow I'm on the road, so I just sliced up cucumbers and a whole avocado to have while I'm driving tomorrow evening. In one week of p3, I'm down 1 lb. and am 2.4 lbs. below my LDW. This is amazing! I'm in love with leptin and how it makes me feel! Keep those recipes for BAB & BAS ideas coming!!!!

QUICK poll while I'm posting: how many of you are eating fruit, nuts, eggs or dairy? I've avoided all 4 so far... I'm also wondering about sweet potato or pumpkin. Although not in original protocol, I see lots of folks eating them. Perhaps I will introduce them at the end of my 21 days if things are still stable and headed in the right direction. I would love to hear people's thoughts on these veggies and other foods...Thanks!
    Last edited by HCGCowgirl; September 22nd, 2011 at 08:24 PM.

R/P/M
    R2 P2, HCG Patch. Loading Sept.7-9 VLCD1 Sept.10
    Going to P3 this Sat. morning. Is there a brand of bacon anyone experienced would suggest? Everything I find is cured with sugar and has nitrates.
    Thanks~

R/P/M
    R2P3
    Quote Originally Posted by LeLu View Post
    Going to P3 this Sat. morning. Is there a brand of bacon anyone experienced would suggest? Everything I find is cured with sugar and has nitrates.
    Thanks~
    I would recommend just going to the meat counter and requesting sliced side pork. It's fresh or usually frozen and nothing has been done to it. -- no nitrates, sugars, preservatives, and it tastes great! I know there are certain brands (Gwartney's?), but I have personally never tried them. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by HCGCowgirl View Post
    I would recommend just going to the meat counter and requesting sliced side pork. It's fresh or usually frozen and nothing has been done to it. -- no nitrates, sugars, preservatives, and it tastes great! I know there are certain brands (Gwartney's?), but I have personally never tried them. Good luck!
    so, what do you do with it? Do you just season it or do you cure it like bacon?

ksturg222, HWC in coffee is OK, it has very little lactose. The problem with dairy is that some people get a blood glucose rise from the milk sugars. Dr. K suggest testing your BG every 15 minutes after consuming dairy to see if that is the case, if you are LR he says limit dairy, if LS then test it. But heavy cream has almost no lactose, so go for it... as in all things, moderation. Approved dressing would be those without seed oils, the omega 6 kind. Dr K even says to limit olive oil in favor of coconut oil, fish oil, butter and bacon. I am trying out some recipes made with cream and crumbled bleu cheese, or bacon fat and vinegar. Sometimes I just break down and use a little of the Big Bleu salad dressing which my DH insists upon even though it has soybean oil in it, I just use a touch and it doesn't seem to bother me. It may delay my reset a little, but I've got all the time in the world.

LeLu, the Costco Kirkland Signature low sodium bacon is sugarfree.

Cowgirl, when I'm in P3, I eat fruit (1 per day), nuts (almond, pistachio, macadamia) and dairy (HWC, FFF, high quality aged cheeses). However, I limit the amounts of these. I don't buy the nuts in any quantity, because I will eat them all at once (a real downfall for me). I spend more on cheese now, because I get really good stuff, and just use a touch for flavoring... almost like a spice ;-) Real grated Parmesan is nothing like the stuff in the can, know what I mean? A little bit on a salad, or beefy onion soup... ahhhhhh. I keep one fruit per day for two reasons: I like my fruit and do not wish to go without, and it is the easiest way for me to know that I will get to the minimum 25 to 30 carb grams required for optimal thyroid function. I don't want to do anything to upset my thyroid balances... been severely hypothyroid in the past and don't want to go back there. I could barely walk across the room without getting tired, and the brain fog was unsettling.
    Sleeveless in Seattle