Popular Pages

Page 9 of 105 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ass Breakfasts, and other Leptin Reset Meals

Quote Originally Posted by HCGCowgirl View Post
    Quick post while I'm able to check. No more steak days. Just kick off your morning with a BAB...perhaps a big steak and some cocoa crack. Then see how the day goes. Usually, when I get around 900-1000 calories in for my BAB, I'm good to go until supper. Then I have a bowl of soup -- perhaps roast beef on cauliflower rice in homemade beef broth or a stir-fry of sorts. (That's my favorite day!) I also like avocados on salmon with a bed of lettuce, or a chicken soup of sorts with whatever veggies you have on hand. Good luck! (And, yes, keep posting questions). Be patient with this, too. You might not see immediate losses on the scale, but you will get to your LDW. You're not that far off...
    I appreciate you taking the time to answer...I know you're busy 2 Questions...do you grate the cauliflower to make the rice? And how do you steam it if you have already grated it? I was wondering if you could use a potato ricer with the cauliflower. Also, I see you usually say you had a tablespoon or a few tablespoons of cocoa crack but from what I've seen it comes out like a candy bar????

R/P/M
    P3/P4 forever.... and ever, wirh no grains!
    Blog Entries
    Since I had to stop eggs and FAGE, getting the BIG protein grams for BAB is harder.... Ideas?
    I've been adding to the 5 pieces of bacon some other kind of meat, but curious to see the recommendations.
    Thanks!
    Start 6/3/2011 @ 165.25'7'' - 49 yo
    R1=31.6# lost; .548#/day average loss, 7/28/2011 LIW=137.6
    R2=12.40 lost; .4133/day average loss; 11/16/2011 LIW=126
    R3=13# lost; .464/day average loss; 3/16/2013 LIW=126 - age 51

R/P/M
    R2P3
    Quote Originally Posted by ntengwall View Post
    I appreciate you taking the time to answer...I know you're busy 2 Questions...do you grate the cauliflower to make the rice? And how do you steam it if you have already grated it? I was wondering if you could use a potato ricer with the cauliflower. Also, I see you usually say you had a tablespoon or a few tablespoons of cocoa crack but from what I've seen it comes out like a candy bar????
    Cocoa Crack: I measure it out first, so I know how many tbsp I have. Then I microwave it, add the extra ingredients to the liquid and freeze. If I eat the whole thing, I know how much I had to eat. If I break off a few pieces, I guesstimate. Start with 1-2 T and work your way up to 3-4. It apparently helps shed the fat. I'm a believer, and it's darn good, too!

Cauliflower: I rice it with a food processor. I usually just add it in to the broth or add a little water before I nuke it. It only takes a few minutes, and it tastes just like "rice." Super easy, especially if you do a head or two at a time and just add it to whatever soup, salad, stir fry you're making that day.

R/P/M
    P3/P4 forever.... and ever, wirh no grains!
    Blog Entries
    Cocoa Crack: I measure it out first, so I know how many tbsp I have. Then I microwave it, add the extra ingredients to the liquid and freeze. If I eat the whole thing, I know how much I had to eat. If I break off a few pieces, I guesstimate. Start with 1-2 T and work your way up to 3-4. It apparently helps shed the fat. I'm a believer, and it's darn good, too!

Cauliflower: I rice it with a food processor. I usually just add it in to the broth or add a little water before I nuke it. It only takes a few minutes, and it tastes just like "rice." Super easy, especially if you do a head or two at a time and just add it to whatever soup, salad, stir fry you're making that day.
    'Rice' technique sounds wonderful. Do you use in the processor before it's cooked? (I am thinking so, but want to be sure.) I can't wish to try this! I need to get DH off the rice, even though he only it occasionally. This is the only gluten he consumes.

Sent with Sprint EVO via Tapatalk
    Start 6/3/2011 @ 165.25'7'' - 49 yo
    R1=31.6# lost; .548#/day average loss, 7/28/2011 LIW=137.6
    R2=12.40 lost; .4133/day average loss; 11/16/2011 LIW=126
    R3=13# lost; .464/day average loss; 3/16/2013 LIW=126 - age 51

For those who don't really eat lunch but have a cup of coffee...if I use a non-dairy creamer (I use a Paleo creamer made from coconut milk, an egg and some coconut oil), can I count that as "lunch"? Or do I need to have a piece of protein with it?

R/P/M
    R2P3
    Quote Originally Posted by Carry2010 View Post
    'Rice' technique sounds wonderful. Do you use in the processor before it's cooked? (I am thinking so, but want to be sure.) I can't wish to try this! I need to get DH off the rice, even though he only it occasionally. This is the only gluten he consumes.

Sent with Sprint EVO via Tapatalk
    Yes I rice it raw. It freaks my husband out. Little does he know I will be making cauliflower mashed potatoes this winter!

R/P/M
    R2P3
    Quote Originally Posted by ntengwall View Post
    For those who don't really eat lunch but have a cup of coffee...if I use a non-dairy creamer (I use a Paleo creamer made from coconut milk, an egg and some coconut oil), can I count that as "lunch"? Or do I need to have a piece of protein with it?
    Your egg would be a protein. I usually drink black tea or coffee at lunch, so I eat lots of protein at breakfast.

Travel update: chose to have a few bites of dessert last night -going fudge....in p3 ahhhhh! This morning's bab was also a fail - had coconut oil in my coffee in the room and we had a breakfast meeting at the Hyatt. I was counting on an egg buffet but it was pastries and apples. Had half an apple and am dying for lunch already. Should have planned better....what is the ideal meal plan for when I get home to get back on track?

R/P/M
    R3/P3 Paleo/Leptin Reset
    Blog Entries
    I'd say just back in the saddle when you get home. You totally have this Leptin thing down pat already, it's not YOUR fault you had this conference thing or whatever.
    3/28/11 R1P2D1 = 231.0
    5/06/11 R1P2D40 = 202.2 LDW
    R1 loss = 28.8 lbs

6/12/11 R2P2D1 = 208.2 (5lb load)
    7/14/11 R2P2D33 = 184.4 LDW
    R2 loss = 23.8 lbs

8/29/11 R3P2D1 = 192.8 (6.6lb load)
    10/4/11 R3P2D37 = 171.4 LDW
    R3 loss = 21.4 lbs

1/30/12 R4P2D1 = 193.6 (9 lb load)
    3/08/12 R4P2D36 = 168.2 LDW
    R4 loss = 25.4 lbs

Total (net) loss in 4 rounds = 62.8 LBS!!

Eventual Goal: 153.6 lbs, BMI 24.98, NORMAL!

R/P/M
    R5/P2 Injections
    Blog Entries
    Your egg would be a protein. I usually drink black tea or coffee at lunch, so I eat lots of protein at breakfast.

Travel update: chose to have a few bites of dessert last night -going fudge....in p3 ahhhhh! This morning's bab was also a fail - had coconut oil in my coffee in the room and we had a breakfast meeting at the Hyatt. I was counting on an egg buffet but it was pastries and apples. Had half an apple and am dying for lunch already. Should have planned better....what is the ideal meal plan for when I get home to get back on track?
    Yes... I agree with Rhibert... maybe higher protein, lower veggies for a couple days with lots of water to flush it out.
    R1-R4 round -182lbs
    R5/P2 hcg injections

"I call HCG a gateway drug to Paleo. LOL" - Grammy1952 Nov 2012

I've been going a million mph for days... moving. Haven't seen the scale since last Thursday, and given a few of the meals I've had, I think I'll wait until a few days of clean eating to get on it. I was able to do a BAB 2 of the last 4 days. I'm telling you, once I eat that, I can just go all day without thinking of food. We did have our sons here helping one day, and they all wanted pizza, so I had a slice. Hoping I'm leptin sensitive and it doesn't leave a big ass mark on my behind.

Oh, and did I mention? I hate moving! It's been over 10 years so I had a lot of stuff to go through. I'm downsizing, literally and figuratively.
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    If food is not what you need, what is it you really want?