Popular Pages

Page 328 of 328 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328
Results 3,271 to 3,278 of 3278

Thread: Leptin Diet Plan

R/P/M
    R2P3
    Dr. K says that calories DO matter for the LR, actually and that once we are LS, calories aren't as important. I find I need to track for calories and macronutrients just to help me evalaute what's working and what's not. Now, my calories range from 1,200-2,000 throughout the week, which shows that calories don't matter, but it helps me to figure out my calories from fat-carbs and protein. My theory is you can manage what you don't measure, and if I see a gain, I can easily go back in my journal.

Perhaps I will stop eventually, but for now, it helps keep me on track, plan for upcoming events and maintain a certain number of fats, carbs and proteins.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    No that's not what he means, cowgirl. I asked him about it. He said that calories matter when you're leptin resistant because basically you gain on everything. It's impossible to stop the gain.
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

R/P/M
    Just so everyone can see what Dr.Jack had to say I went back and found the discussion:

Here's what I asked him:
    Doc, this is a fabulous post! Could you clear up something? I do not believe in calories in/calories out. I watch my carbs but I do not count calories. And will not! LOL I could go on a rant about it. I’ve never seen you tell anyone to count calories while on the leptin reset yet you’ve said calories matter when you’re leptin resistant. What exactly do you mean by that? Do you mean that you DO want people to count calories or just that the type of calories matter? But I’m not counting them even if you tell me to! LOL I will disobey you for the first time.

Dr K:
    Jack Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:25 pm@ Colleen It’s simple. If leptin is “broken” and cant account for calories they matter then because the brain has no way of accounting for them. This i swhy fat people overeat. Their cravings are no longer under control of leptin and NPY and ghrelin and agouti run hog wild. When you regain leptin sensitivity if you eat more than you need you can rid yourself of the excess when you sleep by burning at UCP3 or by exercising in the cold by using UCP1 Both these uncoupling proteins require leptin and a good thyroid function to work. If they are not working you aint burning squat……and hence calories then matter.
    • leen Coble Says:
      October 27th, 2011 at 6:17 pmBut we don’t overeat, Doc. If you knew how little I ate and gained and gained you wouldn’t say that. I personally don’t know an obese person who eats the way people think they do. Carbs matter but not calories.
    • Jack Says:
      October 27th, 2011 at 6:48 pm@Colleen who said anything about what you eat? You asked about calories……I know obese people dont eat 10000 calories a day. They cant. But they can still gain weight eating 1000……because calories matter to them and they cant tap their fat to burn.
    • Colleen Coble Says:
      October 27th, 2011 at 6:54 pmI have been thinking about what you said. Maybe ALL calories are turned to fat when we are LR because the brain doesn’t know what to do with them. So it’s not that we can even cut calories t stop that from happening because the brain doesn’t know how to apportion any of them properly. I can actually see that from personal experience.
    • Colleen Coble Says:
      October 27th, 2011 at 6:55 pmAh I see you basically said what I was surmising. I totally get it now. Thanks!

Colleen again So basically what he's saying is that calories will not make you fat if you are leptin sensitive, no matter what you eat. Your brain knows where to put them. But if you are Leptin Resistant then just about anything you eat turns to fat. I can testify to that because I was one who would gain on 500 calories before hcg. Truly. So hcg was a miracle for me.
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

R/P/M
    Just so everyone can see what Dr.Jack had to say I went back and found the discussion:

Here's what I asked him:
    Doc, this is a fabulous post! Could you clear up something? I do not believe in calories in/calories out. I watch my carbs but I do not count calories. And will not! LOL I could go on a rant about it. I’ve never seen you tell anyone to count calories while on the leptin reset yet you’ve said calories matter when you’re leptin resistant. What exactly do you mean by that? Do you mean that you DO want people to count calories or just that the type of calories matter? But I’m not counting them even if you tell me to! LOL I will disobey you for the first time.

Dr K:
    Jack Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:25 pm@ Colleen It’s simple. If leptin is “broken” and cant account for calories they matter then because the brain has no way of accounting for them. This i swhy fat people overeat. Their cravings are no longer under control of leptin and NPY and ghrelin and agouti run hog wild. When you regain leptin sensitivity if you eat more than you need you can rid yourself of the excess when you sleep by burning at UCP3 or by exercising in the cold by using UCP1 Both these uncoupling proteins require leptin and a good thyroid function to work. If they are not working you aint burning squat……and hence calories then matter.
    • leen Coble Says:
      October 27th, 2011 at 6:17 pmBut we don’t overeat, Doc. If you knew how little I ate and gained and gained you wouldn’t say that. I personally don’t know an obese person who eats the way people think they do. Carbs matter but not calories.
    • Jack Says:
      October 27th, 2011 at 6:48 pm@Colleen who said anything about what you eat? You asked about calories……I know obese people dont eat 10000 calories a day. They cant. But they can still gain weight eating 1000……because calories matter to them and they cant tap their fat to burn.
    • Colleen Coble Says:
      October 27th, 2011 at 6:54 pmI have been thinking about what you said. Maybe ALL calories are turned to fat when we are LR because the brain doesn’t know what to do with them. So it’s not that we can even cut calories t stop that from happening because the brain doesn’t know how to apportion any of them properly. I can actually see that from personal experience.
    • Colleen Coble Says:
      October 27th, 2011 at 6:55 pmAh I see you basically said what I was surmising. I totally get it now. Thanks!

Colleen again So basically what he's saying is that calories will not make you fat if you are leptin sensitive, no matter what you eat. Your brain knows where to put them. But if you are Leptin Resistant then just about anything you eat turns to fat. I can testify to that because I was one who would gain on 500 calories before hcg. Truly. So hcg was a miracle for me.
    Colleen

R/P/M
    R2P3
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post

Here's what I asked him:

Dr K:
    Jack Says:
    • leen Coble Says:
    • Jack Says:
    • Colleen Coble Says:
    • Colleen Coble Says:

Thanks for clarifying this, grammy. This was a very valuable conversation between you and Dr. K.

R/P/M
    Some of what we'd been hearing was a little contradictory so I wanted to find out exactly what he meant. That's not to say you shouldn't count calories if it makes you feel more in control or keeps your cortisol low. It just isn't necessary. I bet you're leptin sensitive by now too.
    Colleen

Yikes!
    I know this thread is old...but I was looking for the answer to HOW are we supposed to lose if we can't lose?? LOL I know we are losing on HCG, but what about people who get to goal, but have not addressed the LR?? Will they likely gain it back? IOW, it *seems* as if we *should* do Leptin Rx in between rounds (if multiple rounds are needed, such as me) if we want our bodies to process fat/calories correctly....and that Leptin reset should be done *absolutely* before going Primal/Paleo, yes?

I realize the food is basically the same, but we *can* have many more veggie carbs on Primal than we should if we are doing the leptin reset, correct? LOL

I HOPE this makes sense and is more clear than mud! Hard to explain what I mean in type format!

Thanks!
    START DATE: APRIL 16, 2012 (ROUND 1) SW: 222.0
    DAY 58 VLCD
    35.4 lbs in 58 days P2. Wanted more, but will take it!

P3 Start Day: Saturday June 16

THEN I BLEW IT! GAINED 20#'s of the 40 I lost, And am BACK to start over.

RESTART......FEB 12, 2013

R/P/M
    P4 forever, but starting Haylie Pomroy's Fast Metabolism Diet, 7/8/13...not to lose, but maintain
    Blog Entries
    Which ever way you go, if you still want to lose weight, keep carbs under 50 grams/day.