Popular Pages

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: leptin reset p3

leptin reset p3

okay so is EVERYONE doing this now for p3? It kind of seems like the "new" thing to do so everyone is jumping on it. Some of it I get but honestly I can't see myself doing it 100 percent for the rest of my life. Is it something you can do in a more moderate way. It just seems so "this is the only way you can......" and I don't think that about anything except my salvation.

Just asking....do not shoot me for questioning the "new" it thing

back again because of thyroid meds malfunction

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    No not everyone is doing it. The only thing different about it is the timing of the meals and going a minimum of 4 hours between food intake. The actual food you eat is the same. It just really helps with stabilization and fixes insulin issues when done for about 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    No not everyone is doing it. The only thing different about it is the timing of the meals and going a minimum of 4 hours between food intake. The actual food you eat is the same. It just really helps with stabilization and fixes insulin issues when done for about 6 weeks.
    I have been reading thru all the information. It's a lot! Is the take home:

1. eat within 30 minutes of getting up, include protein
    2. leave a minimum of 4 hours between means. (no snacking???)
    3. Do not eat anything after dinner.

Seems like all this makes sense. I'm a bit unsure of why you need to leave a minimum of 4 hours between meals, when others say that you need to eat approx. every 3 hours to keep your metabolism going?

Thoughts?

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    He says it's necessary for the insulin issues to resolve. And I will say that since starting it, my middle section has slimmed amazingly even with no weight loss.

R/P/M
    R3 P2 Inj
    I want to do this but the thread is so long. Is there a rundown of it somewhere of what and when you eat? and for how long you need to do it?

R1P2 started 6-30-11 85 days long with a loss of 39.2 pounds. Yes, I had a couple of cheats but got back on the horse!
    R1P3 started 9-24-11 Maintained 5 pounds below LDW
    R2P2 started after the Holidays 2011, lost 15 pounds in 30 days. Maintained great!
    R3P2 started after Holidays 2012, drops didn't have HCG in them!
    This protocol has taught me a lot about myself!

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    It just seems so "this is the only way you can......" and I don't think that about anything except my salvation.
    LOL- amen, sister! richards is not quite as adamant about particulars like kruse is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwdxTRAH_Gs

marie- richard's basics are above, here are kruse's: http://jackkruse.com/my-leptin-prescription/
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    R3 P2 Inj
    Thanks!

R1P2 started 6-30-11 85 days long with a loss of 39.2 pounds. Yes, I had a couple of cheats but got back on the horse!
    R2P2 started after the Holidays 2011, lost 15 pounds in 30 days. Maintained great!

i don't know...this sounds harder to do than p2! not snacking at all between meals..going for 5-6 hrs between meals...not eating large meals...not eating fatty foods. is this really something you are 'supposed' to do on p3? i thought in p3 we were supposed to consume 1500-2000 calories, use heavy cream, butter, coconut oil, etc. what about all the people who are snacking on cocoa crack?! is this better to try after p3 and when you're into p4?

mary

ps. how long do you have to live by the 5 rules before it starts to feel 'normal'?
    Last edited by mhmcv; September 14th, 2011 at 10:12 PM.

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    richards doesn't say. kruse says 6-8 wks, but i think that's for those who are pretty healthy to start off with.

you don't have to do this in P2- you don't have to eat that many calories, either. just use common sense- people start thinking of "rules" for P3 and pretty soon they're doing all kinds of crazy things. don't limit your calories but don't stuff yourself, either. if you avoid sugar and starch it's easier to keep from gaining- but you'll gain if you overload on stuff like nuts and cheese. eat plenty of protein, LOTS of salads and veggies, some healthy fat, and a small amount of fruit.

richards says 4 hrs between meals. if you're waiting 5-6 then you basically can't eat 3 meals a day unless you eat late, which you're not supposed to do. the one thing i don't like about richards is that if you're only eating 400-500 per meal (for women) and you can't snack, you don't have any options if you're hungry. i think some people (moi) might need more food than that.

remember that this is all new- there are a few people doing it, but they haven't done it for more than a 6 wks or so, so the results are really not in yet at this point.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    R3 P2 Inj
    Ok, I think I have misunderstood something along the way. I thought it was high protein with fat for breakfast? Now I know from times before, if I load up on protein and fat, I won't get hungry for hours and would only eat like twice for the day. I did the same thing last year when I started using coconut oil to scramble my eggs or adding it to my coffee. Dropped 15 pounds cause the coconut oil kept me from craving fat in other foods. I got to where I didn't want the skin off the chicken or a fatty steak. I would peel the skin off (even original recipe chicken from KFC which I LOVE) and the dogs would get more scraps cause I couldn't bring myself to eat much of the fat from a steak. So I was thinking the protein and fat was the reasoning behind not getting hungry?
    My body does not like raw veggies and makes me hurt...bad at times. I can get away with a salad on occasion but for the most part, I need them cooked to soften them up. I hope that will work out at least if I stay away from the high carb veggies?
    Limiting cheese is going to be tough for me cause I swear, I am like a rat! I have learned to stay away from shredded and most sliced cheese due to the starches at least.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast