Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Leptin Reset

Question about Leptin Reset

Dr. Jack Kruse's site prescribes a paleo diet. Are you who are doing that process refraining from dairy? That's always been the thing that has held me back from trying paleo...Please let me know!

Thanks,
    Indigo

I don't refrain, but I limit it severely during the reset period. After reset, you can introduce some dairy and Kruse suggests that you monitor your blood glucose reading to see how if effects your body. One gal did that and her BG didn't jump that high, so he said should be OK. If Paleo isn't your thing, you can do Primal which is a little more relaxed. On Primal, as long as you are eating Paleo 80%, then the other 20% of the time you can have those things which aren't encouraged to be part of the daily Paleo intake, like dairy, grain, etc.
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    If food is not what you need, what is it you really want?

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    I'm like Lisa. I don't eat much cheese. Once in a while I've had it during the reset. However, I DO still have my heavy cream in coffee. and I'd have no trouble eating butter but I tend to use lots of coconut oil instead.

R/P/M
    R2P3
    For myself, I'm on day 5 of p3, and I'm very committed to stabilizing, so I may add dairy back in after my 21 days, but at this point, I haven't had anything, not even butter. I have found that I'm truly enjoying my BAB of meat and cocoa crack, combined with my smaller early supper of soup or stir-fry. Give it a try, you never know. When grammy first told me about leptin, I thought I would NEVER be able to eat only 2 meals/day. It took me only 2 days of eating this way to eliminate the mid-day meal. I do drink coffee or tea for lunch, but technically it's not a "meal" because there's no calories.

I don't have cravings, urges to late-night snack or hunger pains. I drink lots of water. I feel great, and my sleep rhythms are improving.

Grammy, what are symptoms/signals of leptin resetting? I remember somebody said something about urine/bm's but can't remember what it is. I'm still cold all the time, but I have had a few moments where I get hot suddenly. Is that a good thing?

I am considering doing the lepton reset when I hit P3. I had never heard of it until I started reading this forum. There is so much valuable tried and true information here! This forum is a godsend! What do you mean when you refer to nightshades?
    Kim

R/P/M
    R1/P4/HCG Fusion Homeopathic drops
    Nightshades are tomatoes and peppers, etc.

http://victoria-anisman-reiner.suite...tshades-a59252
    R1/P3 Myself and Hubby HCG Fusion Homeopathic drops 3x a day. Goal -12/-13 (25 & 23 days)
    Load weight D1 130.8/185.2
    Load weight D2 130.6/187
    Begin 4/25/11 131.8/185.8
    Week 1 Total lost (-5/-5.8)
    14 days Total Lost (-9/-8.6)
    21 days Total lost (-10.8/-12.8)
    LDW 120.6/173.2 (-11.2/-12.6)
    P4 for six+ months (-2/-10 from LDW) and doing some Warrior Diet (eating main meal at night) and Leptin Reset for 10 weeks.

R/P/M
    R1/P4/HCG Fusion Homeopathic drops
    I'm using dairy as I find it really difficult to get in all that protein without it.
    Last edited by pasta; October 4th, 2011 at 05:56 PM.
    R1/P3 Myself and Hubby HCG Fusion Homeopathic drops 3x a day. Goal -12/-13 (25 & 23 days)
    Load weight D1 130.8/185.2
    Load weight D2 130.6/187
    Begin 4/25/11 131.8/185.8
    Week 1 Total lost (-5/-5.8)
    14 days Total Lost (-9/-8.6)
    21 days Total lost (-10.8/-12.8)
    LDW 120.6/173.2 (-11.2/-12.6)
    P4 for six+ months (-2/-10 from LDW) and doing some Warrior Diet (eating main meal at night) and Leptin Reset for 10 weeks.

i'm in the same boat as pasta. i find it really hard to get all my protein in if i don't incorporate my full fat greek yogurt/cottage cheese and some nuts. i find it ironic that i am saying that b/c prior to P3, i rarely ate dairy (except a little nonfat milk in my coffee)

this morning i ate:
    2 eggs fried in coconut oil, 1/4 cup of yogurt with a tbsp each of pistachios, sunflower seeds and flax seed..and coffee with half and half. all that food only yielded 27 grams of protein but a lot of fat! tomorrow i'll cut out the yogurt/nut combo and add bacon to the mix. sometimes, i drink a premier protein shake since it has 30g of protein.

i have a question....if i am not that hungry in the morning and can go until noon without eating, should i? i find that what happens to me is, i eat a BAB, a decent size lunch and then a BA dinner...resulting a lot of calories being consumed for the day. if i don't eat that BAdinner, i know that i will have a hard time refraining from snacking at night.

also, if i know that i am going out that night...esp with my girlfriends, i wonder if it's better to basically fast during the day so that i can indulge more at night.

any thoughts?

thanks,
    mary

ps. just finished week 4 of p3, wanting to move onto p4 but not sure how without gaining.
    Last edited by mhmcv; October 4th, 2011 at 09:47 PM.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Dairy doesn't have enough protein to help much and you're not actually supposed to have much dairy. 2 eggs isn't nearly enough either. I eat 4 eggs with about 4 oz of steak in it. You need the meat in the morning. That makes a huge difference.

No, if you know you are going out at night, I would eat that huge breakfast then nothing until you go out for dinner. But even then, you're not supposed to eat past 7 when you're doing the leptin reset. The biggest thing is no snacking. You must not eat for 4-5 hours between meals or even snacks. 3 meals a day is fine. You don't count calories.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast