Popular Pages

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 800 Calorie Hcg Protocol...

Can someone do a 800 calorie diet on hcg and will it still work? I wanted to try this but I don't think I can handle the 500 calories would it be ok if I had like 3 meals instead of only 2 meals? I would eat 100grams of protein 3 X's a day with 1 vegetable per meal and 2 fruit per day instead of 3 fruit. Will this still work? I wanted something reasonable for me so I can handle the diet because I don't think I can handle 500 calories only.

Thanks

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    newbie- you can handle the 500 calories because you should not be hungry! even if present to some degree, it is not generally hard to manage if you are on the appropriate dose of hcg and it is fresh. i'm only on day 2 of the 500 calories (round 3) and i almost forgot to eat today because i was not hungry. please read the "pounds and inches" manuscript by Dr. Simeon. he states that results will not be optimal even when increasing to 600 calories per day.

that said, i have read of a few programs out there that allow up to 800 calories, as well as a greater variety of vegetables. however most people will tell you that you will not lose nearly as much weight on these programs. the extra calories may also be a problem when it comes to the stabilization phase, and being able to keep the weight off. Dr. S. is very specific that the calories should be restricted to 500 per day. you are allowed to split those calories up throughout the day (as opposed to just lunch and dinner) if that might help with your energy. i generally start my day with an apple, to get my metabolism going.

Please read his protocol and we'll be happy to answer any further questions! It is available on this site, or just google it and you will see many options for viewing it. Personally i would not take the risk of eating more calories unless you have an extremely active job where you would not be able to function on 500. remember that your body is releasing about 2000 calories of fat per day, so you also have the nutrition/energy from that. many people do experience a certain amount of weakness/fatigue while on the protocol, yet at the same time you can be kind of "wired", so some people report actually getting more work done- i did.

if your job/lifestyle would not be possible on 500 calories, i think you have the right idea- eat additional protein and veggies (when you need to), but no additional fruit. you also might want to try eliminating the bread sticks. best of luck! -margie
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    You can do the 500 calories, Newbie! it's not nearly as hard as it sounds. And just break up the allowed food over several meals rather than two. But really, you won't be hungry if you're getting the right dose of hcg. I'm like Margie, I start my day with the fruit on P2. Then around 10 I have half of my alloted lunchtime meat, then the rest at lunch with veggies. It's more food than you realize and most of us just don't really care about food on hcg. You'll have some cravings at first, that's pretty normal. But just stick it out!
    Colleen

Yeah, do the 500 calories. Once you get past the first week it gets so much easier. The hardest part is getting out of the habit of eating all the time and all the junk you craved. You can do it on 800 calories but you wont lose as much and it will take a lot longer to get to your goal. Dr S was very specific about the 500 calories.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Oh and newbie, I will say my husband had more than the 500 calories. His was in extra meat and he sometimes cheated at work, the rat! He lost 30 pounds but if he'd followed it strictly like he should have, I bet he would have dropped 40.
    Colleen

The first week was a little hard with hunger and cravings, but I just stuck it out and now eating 500 calories is sometimes too hard believe it or not.

In fact, I skipped dinner twice this week because I just wasnt hungry. It does take a little time for your body to adjust to the diet, but once it does its not bad at all.

I normally eat a breadstick in the morning on my way to work...munch on my one fruit all morning then have lunch, sometimes my second fruit in the afternoon and then dinner.

I will say though I realized after the first week that my dose wasn't high enough so I upped it a little and noticed a change in my hunger pangs. So you need to get your dose right as well.

Your first round is definitely a learning experience at least it was for me.

R/P/M
    HHCG
    Newbie: Please don't even think that you won't be able to do it - or you'll be sure to fail! You need to keep a positive mind and get really excited about this protocol. There is no other diet on earth like this - it works! And we've all been through ups and downs.

I'm now on P3 (yeah!!) but on P2 I only ever had a cup of tea with my 1tbs milk in the morning and then had my first food around 2p.m. I would eat my 1 protein, 1 veggie and 1fruit at lunch and then the same again for my dinner around 8p.m. I was never hungry at all until the day before I finished my homeopathic hcg drops. I had no hunger and no side effects at all - no fainting, no headaches, no dizzy spells no drop in blood pressure. I slept well and felt great. I lost weight steadily and never put any weight back on and now I am 22.8lbs lighter and can't wait until I start another round.

You CAN do it. You've just got to believe in yourself. Good luck.

Hi Newbie I ordered my HCG from Rebekah'sPureliving.com and i ordered her Ebook 800 calorie book. Its fantastic i love it! I was having a hard time with the 500 calorie diet so i called rebekahs and the wonderful ladies there informed me on this book!

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie View Post
    Can someone do a 800 calorie diet on hcg and will it still work? I wanted to try this but I don't think I can handle the 500 calories would it be ok if I had like 3 meals instead of only 2 meals? I would eat 100grams of protein 3 X's a day with 1 vegetable per meal and 2 fruit per day instead of 3 fruit. Will this still work? I wanted something reasonable for me so I can handle the diet because I don't think I can handle 500 calories only.

Thanks
    I lost the majority of my weight on 500 calories. I was curious about the 800 Calorie Protocol, mainly for my 79 year old mother. But as I didn't have much weight to lose I gained a bit back (not much) and started the 800 Calorie Protocol. Note: I should have been finished with this diet several months back but extensive travel got in the way.

I figured that since I'm at the very end of this diet the losses would be slower but they are not.

Losses so far: 4.2, .8, .6, .8, .2, .8 = a total of 8.2 pounds.

It's only day seven but what I'm seeing so far is that while I stalled on strawberries with the 500 calorie protocol, I can eat them everyday on the 800 calorie version. On the 500 cals, over time I cut out all fruits but green apples (they gave the best results). On the 500 I started sagging (mentally and physically) in the afternoon but with the allowed fruits in the 800 (breakfast, between lunch and dinner) my energy levels are staying up.

On the 800 calorie protocol I have breakfast (I use a tomato as a fruit), fruit snack, lunch, fruit snack, dinner. The main difference is an increase in both protein + fruit and more variety of veg (green beans, brussel sprouts, etc., + salad at some point during the day).

If you can't handle the 500 calories, then the 800 calorie protocol could be the way for you to go. Your choice.

Btw: For a support group, Google "HCG Diet 800 Calorie Protocol Facebook"... there are a ton of people on FB losing on the higher calorie diet.
    I started with homeopathic drops, switched to Rx sublingual, then ended with homeopathic pellets. If I had to do it over again I'd go with pellets. And I'd cycle.

R/P/M
    Newbie as of August 13, 2011 - loading weekend

Very helpful! And, Losing more on higher calorie

Thanks, this was really helpful. I found a FB group, and purchased the ebook by Sonia. I wasn't able to stay at 500, and noticed the higher calories I went - usually between 650-800, the more pounds I lost than staying closer to 500. We're all different in terms of body makeup, age, medications, psychology, etc. and it's necessary to find what works best for you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast