Popular Pages

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 800 Calorie Physician Revised HCG Diet Protocol - The Truth About Weight Loss

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Injections

800 Calorie Physician Revised HCG Diet Protocol - The Truth About Weight Loss

Did anybody read this book:
    800 Calorie Physician Revised HCG Diet Protocol - The Truth About Weight Loss

http://www.amazon.com/Calorie-Physic...343566&sr=1-12

I was trying to do a search but nothing came up. I am just curious if this is anything worth reading.

R/P/M
    R4 Break
    Lots of clinics and doctors are trying a 800 calorie plan. If you want to try it then go for it. MY view is that there isn't anyone that has put the research into how the hcg diet really works except Dr. Simeons (original protocol.) So until someone does research and proves that an 800 calorie plan is better I'll stick with the original.

Just my two cents.
    ~Robbi

Before and almost after photos.... http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums.../diet-journey/

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    My take on things.. if it ain't broke.. don't try to fix it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

R/P/M
    R4 Break
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth_M View Post
    My take on things.. if it ain't broke.. don't try to fix it.
    Yep!
    ~Robbi

Before and almost after photos.... http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums.../diet-journey/

R/P/M
    Started another round after a long break 02/18/11 Day 1 of 43
    I have always wondered why he came up with 500 calories for this diet and not more or less, does anyone know where he got this # from? If you think about it, what are the chances of losing or gaining if you go under or over a 100 calories?? I can see the food choices he has picked but still confused about the # of calories..
    This is 1 of the best WL solutions out there it takes dedication determination & faith. Started my last & final rounds broken into 2 parts. Started hhcg pellets on 7/27/11 (157.2) - 08/04/11 along w/the switch 2 hucog injec (157.4-extra load days & upcoming TOM) as of 8/28/11 (145.6 day 25 of inject + 9 days pellets = 33 total) decided 2 break on 08/30/11 (27 days inject/35 days total pellets+injections) P3 stabilizing well so far 09/11/11 weight 145-146 LIW 145.8 - update 10/09/11@141.6 LIW/LID

Shopping my closet again! susanbaz's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2/P4-SubQ Hucog, then Corion (liked hucog better)
    Blog Entries
    I've wondered this too, but I think I recall reading that people have stalled by going over the 500 even with protocol foods...he never said why apples are ok, but not other fruits that are similar in sugar and calories...I'm sure there was a reason for it....
    R1 PreLoad 117
    LIW 106.4
    P3 D21 104.4
    P4 104.2-106.6

R2
    @ LOSS OF 8 POUNDS
    LIW R1 = 106
    LIW R2 = 100.2
    Start P3 - 99.2
    Start P4 - 101.0

I know people who did modified plans through clinics, eating 750 to 800 calories. They lost weight, but not at the rate we've seen here. My bro & sis in law did that, she lost 18 lbs and he lost 26, in 40 days. She said they ate the same as my plan, except they had bigger protein servings and an egg every morning. Her husband told her after the fact that he cheated every single weekend, drank a few beers. That was last summer, and they haven't regained that I know of. So, yeah, I think it's possible that the plan could be tweaked and still be successful, but maybe not as successful as the original protocol.
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    If food is not what you need, what is it you really want?

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Injections
    Thank you ladies for saving me money!

It seems to me that there's a lot of chemistry that goes into protocol, especially by not even absorbing certain oils into our skin. I am not a chemistry major, I never even took the class in high school, unfortunately. He didn't go into the reasons why, which I wish he did, be he really stated that the mixture of the meal plan he provided was important and that even just a small change could throw off the end result.

I've read the latest 800 Calorie HCG Protocol diet by Sonia and I'm now watching dieters on FaceBook lose weight at a similar rate to the original 500 calorie diet.

One dieter even gained weight to compare the two: HCG Controversy: 500 vs 800?

My DIL has kids to chase and a high pressure job to attend to (and don't forget, my son). My mother is in her 70's. I might not agree with everything in her book but I will buy them a copy. Especially as I believe they have a better chance at sticking to 800 cals than 500.

You know, when I first came across the 500 protocol I had my doubts. I believe all did. But we gave it a chance.
    I started with homeopathic drops, switched to Rx sublingual, then ended with homeopathic pellets. If I had to do it over again I'd go with pellets. And I'd cycle.