Popular Pages

Thread: Always 100 grams meat? Or does it matter which type of meat it is?

hCGChica - Rayzel Mountainfever's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R5P2 Injections - 118 pounds, Size 2, 19% body fat now!

Always 100 grams meat? Or does it matter which type of meat it is?

I was wondering about this because it looks like in general the protein is supposed to equate to 150 calories each meal- that means that depending on which protein you have (sea bass, crab, chicken breast, certain grass fed beef) you could have more or less than 100 grams to equal the 150 calories. Does anyone know anything about this? I was going have my meat based on this calorie amount, which would mean that I'll be eating more than 100 grams of some meats, but want to make sure this is correct first- I don't want to mess anything up!

From what I've been reading the basic protocol is like this:
    1 fruit- 60 calories
    1 veggie/salad- 40 calories
    1 protein- 150 calories

= 250 calories per meal

x 2x a day = 500 calories.

Is this right?

Thanks so much. Today was my very first VLCD! Can't wait to get on scale tomorrow!

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard..

No... that's one modification of the protocol..

the original protocol is

Breakfast:

Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.

Lunch:

1. 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird.

2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.

3. One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.

4. An apple, orange, or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

Dinner :

The same four choices as lunch (above.)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

R/P/M
    That's right- I forgot about the grissini- it seems like most people these days are leaving the grissini out- so I'm wondering what they're replacing those calories with. Or are people just eating less than 500 calories a day without it?

Is anyone else doing the protocol based on the way I relayed it above? Like basing their protein portion size on the calories not just 100 grams as long as they come out with 500 calories, and sticking to the approved foods list? I'd like to do this if it works for some. Course, maybe I won't care if I start feeling not hungry soon- this was only my first day (on the 2nd day now) so yesterday I was quite hungry.

Thanks for the input!

I LOVE being a LOSER!! DrivenAgain's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R3/P2/Hucog
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainfever View Post
    From what I've been reading the basic protocol is like this:
    1 fruit- 60 calories
    1 veggie/salad- 40 calories
    1 protein- 150 calories
    Be careful.... Even though Dr.S says that he does not limit the size of the apple that you can eat, the serving sizes for your fruits and veggies can dramatically effect your calorie count. For example, an apple or an orange can EASILY be closer to DOUBLE the caloric amount that you wrote above. My apple this morning was 125 calories and yesterday's orange was 94 calories. Following strict protocol, I have easily gone close to 700-800 calories, if I'm not careful to watch out for my serving sizes. I track my calories on www.fitday.com to make sure that I stay as close to 500 calories as possible. Sometimes, it means skipping my 2nd fruit.
    MY BLOG http://DrivenOnR3.wordpress.com/

START: 2/8/2011 @164
    Planned Interruption: LIW 3/18 @143.6
    RE-Start VLCD: 4/1 @150 PI LIW+6.4 (Post 1-Day ReLoad)
    NEW Loss: Down -3.6 After Interruption

FINAL LIW: 4/8 @140.0 > > > TOTAL LOSS -24.0 (From 1st Shot)

R/P/M
    Thanks for that! Yes for now I am actually weighing everything so that I know exactly how many calories I'm eating- I like feeling like I know what's going on. I did notice the veggies add up quicker than you think- like I weighed out 40 calories of cucumber- it was about 1 and 1/3rd cucumbers of what I had, and I wouldn't have thought that was 40 calories, but it was.