Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canned tuna or chicken?

Canned tuna or chicken?

Can you use it during P2 for emergency situations? I am asking because my HCG should be here in about 2 weeks, but we are going out of town the end of March for 3 days and really don't want to wait until then to start the diet. I could take apples with me and some bagged lettuce, could I do canned chicken or tuna for my protien? I know it's not ideal but would it work?
    ~ Marnie
    Wife, mom to a 13 & 11 yo
    Financial Service Rep

Pre load 157.8 (3/12/2011)
    Post load 159.7

R1 LDW 139.2
    R2 LDW 121.4
    R3 LDW 117.6 (did this short round to get off the holiday weight)

Lost 4 pant sizes!

R/P/M
    R3/P2/hhcg
    Blog Entries
    I have the same dilemma. Life is in the way right now of starting. I was considering a side of greens and finding a seafood restaurant give me some boiled shrimp. But then you can't weight it, so it's best just to wait and start right. At least that's my take on it. I believe the Tuna is not protocol. But I'm not sure what kind of additives/preservatives are in the canned chicken.
    5'5" Medium Frame
    May 2012 lowest weight 148.8 - reached in P3.

WEIGHT-LOSS APOCALYPSE. A must read before following the protocol. PERIOD.
    http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Loss-Ap.../dp/B0068E5F0W

R/P/M
    R4P2 HCG SQ
    If you have to have canned chicken stick with the white meat only. Im not sure what the veterans would say about it though. If you are able to you might try and just take a cooler with and cook up some meals ahead of time.

R/P/M
    R1P4
    My go to meal that I always have on hand is canned chicken and canned spinach. It's not the tastiest but I can take it with me when I travel and it's always in the cupboard in case I get home late and don't have the energy to cook. I'm not a big fan of canned tuna and it's not on protocol but several people do it without an issue.

As for shrimp, I eat that quite often when I'm out of town, boiled if possible. I probably get more than 3.5 oz but they have so many fewer calories than chicken or beef, I don't think it matters. It certainly didn't affect my weight loss.

The bigger issue for me while traveling is keeping my drops refridgerated. No matter how I pack it, they always seem to get warm. I've started switching over to pellets when I travel. I'm a little hungrier but not so badly I need to stray.

My biggest suggestion for those just starting is to make a menu for each day and try to mix it up for dinner so you have something to look forward to. Then keep notes on what worked and what didn't. It makes you get really into it and it verifies that you're in control and not the food, or the travel, or whatever circumstances you're in.

Quote Originally Posted by Smileynik1 View Post
    If you have to have canned chicken stick with the white meat only. Im not sure what the veterans would say about it though. If you are able to you might try and just take a cooler with and cook up some meals ahead of time.
    I would recommend freezing everything cooked and taking it with you...thaw them out as needed. If Worse comes to worst, wherever you go request a chicken breast cooked with water not oil.. Just tell them that you are highly allergic to anything with any added ingredients.. .. If you are going with someone else that likes shrimp, you can calculate out how many make up the ounces you need.. remember, restaurants are quoting their 1 pound of steam shrimp at their raw weight, not cooked weight..
    Full Disclosure, Started out on 1/20/11 @ 355 pounds. That was my wake-up call. Preload 2/6/11 @ 333.

We are flying, so not sure a cooler would work. I really need to find a way to start, I just can't wait a whole month before being able to start.
    ~ Marnie
    Financial Service Rep

Post load 159.7

R1 LDW 139.2
    R2 LDW 121.4

Lost 4 pant sizes!

R/P/M
    R1P4
    How long is your trip?

It is 3 days, we will fly out Wed and be home Sat evening. So I guess 3 1/2 days. My HCG should be here in about 2 weeks and we will leave on March 23. We will be staying in a hotel so probably won't have access to a microwave. I am just hoping to find a way through it so I won't have to wait.
    ~ Marnie
    Financial Service Rep

Post load 159.7

R1 LDW 139.2
    R2 LDW 121.4

Lost 4 pant sizes!

I am sure you can wing it.. at that point, you will know what you can and cannot have.. many have been fine with canned tuna.. just rinse the water out with fresh water.. or maybe call down ahead of time and request a room with a fridge and hit the grocery store when you get there? just a thought.
    Full Disclosure, Started out on 1/20/11 @ 355 pounds. That was my wake-up call. Preload 2/6/11 @ 333.

R/P/M
    R1P4
    You can figure this out just keep trying. Three days is doable. I've found that most mid-priced hotels do have microwaves and refrigerators (think Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express). If you can go to the grocery store after you arrive you can avoid packing your food. You can also get grilled chicken salads just about anywhere, just make sure they don't put cheese and croutons and nuts on it. (It's amazing how they sneak that stuff in there!) There's going to be a lot of people who disagree with me on this but my biggest suggestion is to just not fret it. Do your best to stay on protocol but if you have to make a slight adjustment that is questionable so you can eat anything at all, do it completely consciously and accept that you're not a perfect person. When you get back home, you can get right back to the real plan and go from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast