Popular Pages

Thread: Challenges of owning a restaurant....

R/P/M
    Round 1, Phase 2, Sublingual

Challenges of owning a restaurant....

So, my husband and I own a 50's diner. I work there, cook, and take my kids there to eat as little as Possible! Well, we are here now! I brought the kids down for a cheeseburger and ice cream (old fashioned, hand dipped, goodness!!). I had a chicken breast yesterday for lunch when we came, but I gained 1.8 pounds this morning!! (I think the cook used oil, that's the only thing I can think of that would have went wrong yesterday! Well, I'm here now...my kids are eating a cheeseburger and root beer floats in front of me and I opted to wait until I get home to eat my chicken, so I know it's made with no oil! I just needed to complain....it's hard being a restaurant owner and having to be around yummy food!! I had finally got into the 170's yesterday and today I was .2 away from 180 again!! sad day....

Quote Originally Posted by hhartman View Post
    So, my husband and I own a 50's diner. I work there, cook, and take my kids there to eat as little as Possible!
    One of the things I totally love about this area is the diners - the concept of ordering waffles for breakfast at 6:30 AM is just wonderful (sorry, I'm going overseas and am feeling rather sulky about it right now!)

I feel for you though, must be hard being around all that nice food and not being able to eat any of it. Do you wear gloves when you cook during the day btw? If your hands are covered in fat or you handle fatty (or sugary) food a lot, that might also affect things in P2. I cooked for my wife a lot in P2, all I can say - it got easier

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Sublingual
    If you own the diner shouldnt you be able to request the cook to grill your chicken without oil? Diner food is so tempting and so darn good!!! mmmm lol
    Week 1 -9.4lbs
    5/26 Day 9 VLCD7 (-1.2)

R/P/M
    Round 1, Phase 2, Sublingual
    Yes, I can request that, but I didn't think about it until I saw the gain on the scale this Morning! plus, we cook hamburgers, bacon and greasy foods on the same grill as chicken. Anyways, it's easier to cook my own food. Another reason I don't eat out often. thank you guys for the input, guys. I spend as little time there as possible. 40+ kinds of ice cream gets kinda tempting!