Popular Pages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cocoa crack recipe question

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Subq inject.

Cocoa crack recipe question

Here is the recipe I've used: 1 cup coconut oil, 1 cup unsweetened cocoa, 8 packets stevia, dash salt, dash cinnamon.

It turned out bitter. I still ate it, but I would love it if it wasn't so bitter. Any different recipes or I've heard it could be either too much cocoa or too little? I don't know, so if anyone can help me, I need to make some for a road trip! Thanks!

R/P/M
    R3/Ph4-LR/VOX Pellets
    With that large a portion I would think you need more sweetener. I don't measure my stevia, I use the liquid and put a few drops in, and taste, if it is slightly bitter I add a few more drops, retaste and go from there till it is to my taste. I only use the coconut oil, cocoa, stevia and unsweetened coconut flakes. Keep in mind though if you are planning it for a road trip that you will need to keep it cold as it WILL melt at warmer temperatures and then you will have a heck of a mess.

.....~.....My Weight Loss Journey....~.....

--~~~~~--~~~~~--~~~~~--~~~~~--~~~~~--~~~~~--

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Subq inject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylittlelambs View Post
    With that large a portion I would think you need more sweetener. I don't measure my stevia, I use the liquid and put a few drops in, and taste, if it is slightly bitter I add a few more drops, retaste and go from there till it is to my taste. I only use the coconut oil, cocoa, stevia and unsweetened coconut flakes. Keep in mind though if you are planning it for a road trip that you will need to keep it cold as it WILL melt at warmer temperatures and then you will have a heck of a mess.
    Thanks for the reminder, I did forget about it meltingl. I'm gonna pack a cooler for my water anyway, so that should do. I've kept it in the fridge.

R/P/M
    R2P2 Injections
    Blog Entries
    Mine is still bitter but not as bad as the orginial recipe... I use 3/4 Tbsp of cocoa to 1 Tbsp of coconut oil. I use one packet of splenda and put it in the bowl as I am heating up the oil so it dissovles "better" then I pour all of it on a glass plate then I pour another splenda over the chocolate so it becomes a type of crust under the chocolate so I get sweetner in every bite. It is still bitter but not bad at all. I have also made it and then heated up real peanut butter and swirled that in.....that was the most awesome ever.
    url]http://pinkonhcg.blogspot.com/[/url]
    Holly
    Start R1 1.23.11 at 251.9
    Start R2 228
    R2 Wk1-15

Lovin my BAB's!
    R/P/M
    Leptin Reset
    Original recipe

2 TBL Coconut oil
    2 TBL Unsweetened Cocoa
    3 TBL Xylitol or Sweetner of choice
    Sprinkle Unsweetened Coconut flakes at will
    Add Almonds if you wish (tastes like Almond joy)

Your recipe with 1 cup would be:
    1 Cup Coconut oil
    1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
    1 1/2 Cup Xylitol or any other sweetner
    Add Almonds if you wish (Tastes like Almond joy)

EVERY batch I make is a dream and I never gain on Cocoa Crack. I always seem to lose! =)

Now I need a piece..... !!!
    Leptin Reset started 10/29/2011 - On my way!!!
    HCG 3 rounds down, 60 lbs down and 20 lbs more.

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Subq inject.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnyflumps View Post
    Original recipe

2 TBL Coconut oil
    2 TBL Unsweetened Cocoa
    3 TBL Xylitol or Sweetner of choice
    Add Almonds if you wish (tastes like Almond joy)

Your recipe with 1 cup would be:
    1 Cup Coconut oil
    1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
    1 1/2 Cup Xylitol or any other sweetner
    Add Almonds if you wish (Tastes like Almond joy)

EVERY batch I make is a dream and I never gain on Cocoa Crack. I always seem to lose! =)

Now I need a piece..... !!!
    Ok, wait, I only have stevia at home. Surely I don't use 1 1/2 CUPS of Stevia??? There wouldn't even be enough packets in a box!! I made some more and its bitter!

R/P/M
    R1 January '11//now maintaining
    Just yesterday I ran across this recipe, and it tastes better to me than the original one (which I also thought was bitter). My batch doesn't 'crack'...it's softer, but I still like it. I used a ratio of 3 tbls each butter and cocoa, and 4 1/2 tbls xylitol, plus 1 tbls unsweetened shredded coconut sprinkled on top after dividing mix into 17 mini foil muffin cups. It made 17 1 tsp servings, so that's about 30 calories each. Xylitol has calories, but the butter has less than coconut oil. Sorry, can't remember whose post I copied this from...birdie something?

It took me quite a few tries before I came up with a "no fail" cocoa crack

1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
    2. Turn heat to very low and add in 2 tablespoons cocoa. Make sure it does not come to a boil.
    3. Stir in 3 tablespoons xylitol. Let it sit for a few minutes so the xylitol has time to melt.
    4. Stir occasionally, when the xylitol is melted as much as you would like, pour onto parchment paper, put on a plate, and freeze. It will solidify in 20 - 30 minutes, but it won't "crack" for about an hour.

Note: Sometimes, it won't "crack" it will be sort of soft so you just have to pick it up and bite it instead of eat it with a fork which is fine with me, but just a heads up! =]
    5' 2" Goal: 125 (didn't make it...)

Pre-Load: 152, After loading 155 on 1/3/11
    LDW 132.4 (-22.6 lbs R1P2)
    P3 started 2/16/11

Lovin my BAB's!
    R/P/M
    Leptin Reset
    Use Tuvia or ... I would really get Xylitol from Whole Foods, or any other store and try that. It tastes like sugar and it cuts the bitter out of it. I made one with Truvia and it was good too but Xylitol is better IMO.

I just had a few pieces again... DANG! =) he he he
    Leptin Reset started 10/29/2011 - On my way!!!
    HCG 3 rounds down, 60 lbs down and 20 lbs more.

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Subq inject.
    Thanks! I think I'm gonna get some Xylitol! Seems like maybe the stevia is making it bitter. We shall try again!! I also saw where someone tried vanilla cream liquid stevia in it?? That sounds good, but I wouldn't know how much to use. I am the worst at just "trying" to get a recipe to taste good!

R/P/M
    R4/P3
    I use 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, and approximately 1 dropperful of Chocolate flavored Stevia and one dropperful of Peppermint flavored Stevia. It is freakin' perfect every time! I tried with Xylitol once, but I didn't really like the grittiness
    Mommy to 7, ages 5 months through 12 years and step-mommy to two more

Round 1:
    10/2/10 186 lbs.
    LDW 162.3
    12/21/10 156.6

Round 2:
    1/1/11 155.2 (preload weight)
    1/3/11 161.2 (load weight)
    2/19/11 136.0 (LDW)

Round 3: p2d1: 165
    12/11/12 LDW: 136

Round 4: p2d1 1/25/13