Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Coconut Oil Doesn't Smell/taste Like Coconut

I bought the Nutiva Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil -- 54 oz, but it totally tastes like coconut. Which for some uses does not work.

What process makes it not taste like coconut? Is it the refined vs. unrefined, or what?

I have Spectrum Organic, I really don't know if its extra virgin or not, but I love it. Very slight smell, not really coconutty, I cooked eggs, chicken, greens, you name it & no one said they could taste the oil. I've even started using as a lip gloss, very shiney. lol

I bought that one first too. They make two, I think the difference is refined vs. unrefined. The one I have now, same brand, tastes totally like coconut. Plus, they are little jars. So I was wanting to look online for a bigger jar of something but want to make sure it doesn't taste like coconut as I already have a huge jar that tastes like coconut.

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    they say spectrum is the best in terms of being not as strong- but i still can't stand to cook with it- still has strong odor and taste, to me.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    R6 P2 IM injections
    Not sure what brand it is, and I didn't buy it yet, but I found some at Walmart next to the shortening, tucked on the top shelf. I don't know if it's very coconutty either, but would be good if someone has it, if they would share. I'm not a big coconut fan, either, but I'd be willing to try it. Thanks

But that's my point. Spectrum is what I bought first, and what I still have. I think the first one I had was refined (maybe) and DID NOT taste like coconut. And now I have unrefined and it does. So I was wondering if the keyword is refined or unrefined so I know if I'm going to search for more online.

I bought this one at the store and it has no taste or smell of coconut.
    Here's the website:

http://www.glorybeefoods.com/gbf/Shop_List.cfm?Token=75.164.158.170:{ts_2010-02-08_14:59:29}-796963

R/P/M
    R6 P2 IM injections
    cathyx...that didn't show any product.

shrinkingmama6.....You can also google glorybeefoods, and it will come up. If you click on natural foods/then cooking oils you'll find it. I live near glorybeefoods. thats where I buy mine.

R/P/M
    R6 P2 IM injections
    Cathyx, is it the Organic, Extra Virgin or regular Coconut Oil? There are all of those listed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast