Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Meat on P2 ???

I am wondering if anyone has had dark meat for their chicken? like thighs and legs and have done fine (no gain) with it??? cause i have eaten brocolli and chicken breast in lunch meat form which contains sugar and oil and i still lose 1 pound per day. i NEED to have chicken differently, its so horrible that i gag if i keep doing the 3.5 oz chicken breast on the grill pan with no oil or butter. i would LOVE to season up and bake some legs and thighs or at least Boneless Skinless Thighs so that i can weigh it (can't really weigh a chicken drumstick with bone) i am latin and love some flavorful chicken thighs but it's not on protocol, has anyone had success with dark meat? or what happened when you tried? thanks!

ROUND 2
    PHASE 2
    VLCD DAY 9

BUMP-- this would REALLY help me guys, anyone had dark meat Chicken on P2?

No, it is not allowed. Have you read Pounds and Inches yet. It's very important that you do. There's a link to it on the left side of this page. The actual diet part starts about 1/2 way down. Dr. S is very specific about no dark meat. It has much more fat in it.

Also brocolli is not allowed. I hate chicken but I have found a way to eat it that's good. In the diet book there is a recipe for salad dressing, it's really sweet. I use Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar and use different spices. I soak shredded chicken breast in it and it's good.

Vinaigrette Dressing
    1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
    1/2 c. water
    2 shakes celery salt
    2 shakes onion salt
    Ground pepper to taste
    20 drops Clear stevia
    3 packets stevia
    Combine ingredients, pour into jar and refrigerate.

Lemon Dressing
    1 c. water
    1 T. fresh lemon juice
    25 drops Clear stevia
    1 packet of stevia

Citrus Dressing
    1 c. water
    1 T. fresh lemon juice
    15 drops Clear stevia
    10 drops Apricot Nectar flavored stevia
    1 packet of stevia
    1/4 t. Chinese Style Five Spice (Optional)
    1/4 t. garlic salt (Optional)

i know its not allowed and that it has more fat in it but i want to know if anyone has tried it and what happened when they did. lunch meat is not allowed cause it contains sugar and oil and neither is brocolli but i eat them every day and still lose 1 pound per day eating it and if i hear someone did not have any trouble with chicken thighs then i wanna try it. i cannot take the grilled chicken anymore, its gonna make me quit, i gag every time and i know chicken is the best protein to have cause i dont like seafood and too much red meat is not good. thanks.

Jen

jen since you are already trying things off protocol and still losing just try it and see what happens. I haven't had dark meat, but I love chicken breast grilled with seasonings so I don't know what will happen. Let us know how it works out

I actually got to the point where I said I would prefer to starve than eat one more bite of chicken. I would gag. I now eat it 2 times a day even though I feel that beef is better all the way around but it has more fat in it.

im gonna try a baked chicken thigh one day and i will update you guys. its boneless skinless and i will weigh it out but its so much more juicy and flavorful. anyone out there who tried it let me know still.. thanks everyone!!

Jen

hahahahaha, you know what they say, No Fat, No flavor. I have never liked white chicken meat but I do love those legs and thighs.

i know Linda! im latin, we cannot live without juicy flavorful meat lol. im gonna give it a try and see if it makes me stall or gain but if the lunch meat that has sugar and oil in it does not then i hope i can have the same luck with it. i have been eating the lunch meat EVERY DAY and still losing. i did it last round too and lost almost 30 lbs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast