Popular Pages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DESPERATE!My body is messed up, anyone help with Prednisone/should i try injections??

R/P/M
    3/2/Injection
    Lmtshar88, I have thought for a while now that my adrenals must not be working. I mean NEVER in my life have I gained while doing low carb. What can I take for adrenal support to get them working again, and how could I tell? Also what do you take for the cleanses?

katjastar, we are going to start going to the gym after my hubby finishes his phase 2. I've never heard of the ketogenic diet but I'm pretty much eating high fat, mod protein and low carb right now. I plan to try the hcg injections if I can get the adrenals working again.

Thanks for all the help and advice!

Started loading July 13. VLCD day one: July 15

Standard process makes one called adrenal desicated. I take 3 three times a day for my dose. But everyone is different. Can you find a kinesologist there who can test you? Almost all women experience adrenal fatigue so I really would not doubt if that was part of the issue. If you cant see a naturepath or anythingnyou could just purchase the adrenal desicated and start taking it. I usually could feel a difference in about 2 to 3 weeks. Depending how low mine were. Some of the sysptoms ar fatigue, weight gain, irritability, craving sweets...to name a few. If they are low these syptoms should feel better for sure within a month. I see somebody for mine so I can only tell you what I do, and what she has a few of my friends doing as well. I cant remember the name of the blood and liver cleanse that I did, but again a naturepath could help you there. If you can find a colon cleanse and a blood cleans through standard process they are really good products.

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Cmelanson, most women begin to have trouble losing weight by low carb diets sometime between 25 and 30. Men seem to be able to always lose that way. I can maintain a weight loss with paleo or low carb, but I can't lose that way. Only hcg helped me get the weight off. Also, hhcg works for some but not for others....I would suggest trying the injections. Try posting in the where to buy hcg thread to see if any fellow Canadians can help you find it.

predisone basically pushed your already sluggish adrenals into full blown adrenal fatigue....and it's taking time for them to start back up again and do their job properly. I agree with lmtshar that desiccated adrenal support might help you. Also, vitamin C is good too. It's also a natural pain reliever. I think your current issues also might be related to going off embrel. Your body might be experiencing some rebound inflammation....causing water retention. Try a natural diuretic like dandelion to see if you are retaining. Also, boiling a lemon in water, then drinking the hot lemon water works too.
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.

R/P/M
    3/2/Injection
    Lmtshar thanks again. I tried to find that product online but so far have found no one to ship to Canada. I found one called adrenoboost but don't know how it would be. I might go see a naturopath but that can get expensive. Iluvkats I've always had good results with low carb. I started it when I was 27 and it's worked for me my whole life. When I hit 40 I had slipped a bit and went back on it and got down to my lowest weight ever: 135lbs. I take a multivitamin and have just upped my veggie intake. I hate eating them, so I used my food processor to make a drink out of a bunch of them and that was easier to take. I drink lemon water every morning, since I'm on methotrexate to help out the liver. I'm also on a sulfa drug that's combined with an antibiotic. I think it's called Sulfasalazine. I might have to try the injections. The extra weight is hard on the joints. Go figure though...last night I really needed a treat and ate about 1/3 a carton of Haggen Daaz chocolate....I lost 2 pounds...wth???

Started loading July 13. VLCD day one: July 15

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    I hear ya, but low carb won't work forever....that's why there are so many members on here. Nearly all ave tried low carb an exercise....they work for awhile and then stop. welcome to the club! .

The 2 lb loss is probably water...
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12