Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't eat fruit alone

Don't eat fruit alone

I am seeing a lot of people that post that are having their apples as a snack....

You may be getting a blood sugar/insulin spike....try eating it only with your meal....then see what happens.

Fruit has always spiked my blood sugar and then gives me headaches. as a kid i wish we would have realize what was going on. Dr. after Dr. has said....NEVER eat fruit alone. Always eat it with a bit of protein.

I am on vlcd2 and I am getting too full at meal time to eat my fruit with the meal. Any suggestions? I am down 3 pounds today.

Blog Entries
    Congrats ready! Isn't it great that with as little food as is allowed, we can still not want some of it? If you sensitive to sugar spikes, try saving a bite of your protein to have later with your fruit. But if you don't usually have blood sugar issues, you may be able to tolerate the fruit alone just fine, especially with the hcg in your blood.

Since I have stopped altogether eating fruits [and melba toast] my losses have picked up significantly - For the last week I am having 2 soft boiled or poached eggs for dinner and for lunch I alternate between 2 lean [93% beef] or chicken patties with salt and pepper, parsley, garlic and onion powder - easy to carry to the office and can be eaten in room temperature with a little Dijon mustard [no sugar added] - Also find that EVOKE Hhcg are very effective in cutting hunger - it is the third brand that I have tried, and by far the best - pondering though to try also cottage cheese 0% for a change - any views about it?

Blog Entries
    I tried no fat cottage cheese while on P2 and had no problem, but sometimes it slows people. Like you, I skipped the melba & often the fruit and substituted eggs occasionally for the protein. Wow, you are perseverant in trying three brands of hhcg, glad you found one that works for you!

Dear kbj, thank you! indeed not an easy task: started loading on 25 April and only as of 11 Aug do I have the whole thing fully in grip, since I started w/Evoke hhcg - though I had managed also to lose 12 lbs in the 3 preceding months with many cheating interruptions due to business lunches and not enough hunger control

My starting weight was 202 lbs [after loading] and today I am 174.2 lbs - intend to continue beyond the 40-day mark, till Thanksgiving, so that I will be in P3 for Christmas - though I might try some cycling once I feel ready for it!

Enjoy a beautiful Labor Day w/e with less ballast!!!!
    grisabella

R/P/M
    R3; P2; HCG Sublingual
    I know this is an old thread, but I hadn't thought about this and have been eating a fruit in the morning to get me by....I have always known that apples make me hungry...and of course, that is one of the fruits allowed! Anyway, just thought I would bump this thread up in case anyone else is having issues with hunger and eating fruit by itself! : )

R/P/M
    R6/P3/subq
    hmmmm...I've been doing an apple for a snack at least once a day and haven't really noticed any problems...I need to space out the fruit and the meals
    10/16/10 SW 211.2 LIW 184.0
    01/06/11 SW 192.0 LIW 171.8
    04/01/11 SW 175.0 LIW 162.0
    08/15/11 SW 182.6 LIW 163.6
    10/24/11 SW 168.4 LIW 156.2
    09/09/12 SW 159.2 LIW 145.8
    01/06/13 SW 152.6 LIW 142.6
    09/02/13 SW 162.2 LIW 154.4
    01/08/14 SW 161.4 LIW 148.4

R/P/M
    R3; P2; HCG Sublingual
    Hey Laura. I don't think it's a problem for everyone, but those who are sensitive to blood sugar spikes/changes may experience it. I do sometimes, and not others.....I think if it hasn't been bothering you then you are fine!

wow, I googled evok hcg and it is only $27. Do I feel ripped off. I paid $300 for mine from my Dr and I am still hungry 8 days later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast