Popular Pages

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Failure.

Angry Failure.

That's just about the only word I can think of to describe my efforts at stabilizing thusfar. I can understand a 5-6 lb gain in 3 days if the first thing I did upon transitioning was start to shove Wonder bread in my mouth, drizzled in maple syrup with some M&Ms and Reese's Pieces stuffed inside. What I can't abide by is the fact that I upped my protein and attempted to up my calories but all I upped was my weight.

Yesterday I added eggs after losing 1 lb the previous night upon incorporating cheese. Today I woke up at 211 again. I ate an apple for breakfast, 2 eggs over easy fried on PAM cooking spray for second breakfast, tuna with celery, onion, and mayo for lunch with 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of muenster (same as I ate on Tuesday), for an in between snack I had cottage cheese (no sugar - I bought the non fat-free one this time lol) and 5 unsalted almonds, then for dinner I had "lettuce pizza" - organic pepperonni slices (no sugar, cornstarch or too much sodium - just pork and beef with spices) on 2 wedges of garlic & herb laughing cow spreadable cheese (no sugar or excessive salt in that either), spread on the lettuce lol.

I'm drinking my water, althought slightly less than I drank while on the drops. I haven't increased exercise dramatically. Everything I put in my body is either pure protein or protein plus fat. While I'm thrilled that my biggest weakness - cheese - appears to be safe, I'm not thrilled that I'm yoyo-ing around 4-5 lbs above my LDW. I still can't do a steak day because of the medication I'm on for pain - it requires food. That, plus my blood sugar is not very stable, and if I don't eat all day, I will feel weak and will likely faint, as I've done before. Should I accept it and struggle with the scale every day, counting down the days to when I will go running back to P2 while "stabilizing" 4-5 bs above my LDW, assuming the scale doesn't continue upwards, of course, or are there other alternatives to steak days to get the scale to go down?

Also, any tips on how you got the calories up? I couldn't even manage to crack 1,100 yesterday, despite the fact that I added in almonds, pepperoni, and cheese at dinner even though I had a serving of cheese for lunch:

Apple: 70 calories
    2 eggs fried on PAM: 150 calories
    1 serving of tuna (half can): 100 calories
    2 tbsp of mayo: 220 calories
    2 slices of muenster: 200 calories
    2 slices of tomato: 10 calories
    1/2 cup cottage cheese: 115 calories
    2 wedges Laughing Cow cheese: 70 calories
    1 serving of Hormel pepperoni: 140 calories
    2 pieces of lettuce: 10 calories

I don't know if it's new food aversions, but I can't bring myself to want to eat ANYTHING. I just eat to not feel hungry, but I'm disgusted with everything I see. I don't even have cravings, which I was expecting to have to battle in P3 with the new food choices. Any thoughts? This absolutely sucks. The weirdest part is that inches-wise, my measurements have stayed on point throughout this past week, even though I'm 6 lbs higher than what I weighed the day after discontinuing my drops. I'm just so darn confused, and as always, apologies for my rant!
    Rogue User - I DO NOT eat on protocol!

5'8"/26 yrs old

R1: 250 - 203 = 47 lbs lost in 60 days
    R2: 193 - 176 = 17 lbs lost in 36 days

R/P/M
    R1 P2,Subl Hucog Drops
    Blog Entries
    are you drinking enough water or near TOM? Sounds like water retention.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashie View Post
    are you drinking enough water or near TOM? Sounds like water retention.
    TOM is over 2 weeks away, and I'm drinking only slightly less water than I was before, and I've been careful about checking sodium content for everything I eat, as well as obviously checking for sugar. I'm going to just eat boiled egg whites for a mini-breakfast, since those never caused problems for me in P2 or while transitioning into P3. I already had my apple. I will try doing small bursts of protein and then steak tonight, see if that works.

5'8"/26 yrs old

R/P/M
    R7/P2/INJ VLCD 10/25/12
    Have you counted the protein grams you are eating? I'm a novice at this, but it looks like your protein is lacking and I've heard that unless you get enough protein you gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Have you counted the protein grams you are eating? I'm a novice at this, but it looks like your protein is lacking and I've heard that unless you get enough protein you gain.
    Protein from 2 fried eggs: 13 gr
    Protein from 1/2 can of tuna: 17 gr
    Protein from 2 slices of muenster: 10 gr
    Protein from 1/2c cottage cheese: 15 gr
    Protein from 2 Laughing Cow wedges: 4 gr
    Protein from pepperoni: 5 gr
    Protein from almonds: 8 gr

So looks like only 72 grams of protein for the day. I was eating even less of it on P2, though. Will try to up the intake but like I said, if I push myself too hard, I can't keep the food down.

5'8"/26 yrs old

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ADogTrainer View Post
    a 5-6 lb gain in 3 days

Yesterday I added eggs Hello

after losing 1 lb the previous night upon incorporating cheese. what kind, soft or hard?? Today I woke up at 211 again. I ate an apple for breakfast, 2 eggs Hello! over easy fried on PAM cooking spray for second breakfast, tuna with celery, onion, and mayo for lunch with 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of muenster (same as I ate on Tuesday), for an in between snack I had cottage cheese Hello! (no sugar - I bought the non fat-free one this time lol) and 5 unsalted almonds HELLO!, then for dinner I had "lettuce pizza" - organic pepperonni slices (no sugar, cornstarch or too much sodium - just pork and beef with spices) on 2 wedges of garlic & herb laughing cow spreadable cheese Hello! (no sugar or excessive salt in that either), spread on the lettuce lol.

I actually answered a post of yours on another thread and suggested that you had a food sensitivity. everyone of your adds so far has been one I asked...

I'm drinking my water, althought slightly less than I drank while on the drops. I haven't increased exercise dramatically. Everything I put in my body is either pure protein or protein plus fat.
    Just the wrong one's for you...if you had been on my thread I would have suggested a WHOLE other course for you to start P3. I actually posted it there.

While I'm thrilled that my biggest weakness - cheese - appears to be safe, I'm not thrilled that I'm yoyo-ing around 4-5 lbs above my LDW. I still can't do a steak day because of the medication I'm on for pain - it requires food.

I don't follow...come see me.

That, plus my blood sugar is not very stable, and if I don't eat all day, I will feel weak and will likely faint, as I've done before. Should I accept it and struggle with the scale every day, counting down the days to when I will go running back to P2 while "stabilizing" 4-5 bs above my LDW, assuming the scale doesn't continue upwards, of course, or are there other alternatives to steak days to get the scale to go down?

This is very fixable.

Also, any tips on how you got the calories up? I couldn't even manage to crack 1,100 yesterday, despite the fact that I added in almonds, pepperoni, and cheese at dinner even though I had a serving of cheese for lunch:

Apple: 70 calories
    2 eggs fried on PAM: 150 calories
    1 serving of tuna (half can): 100 calories
    2 tbsp of mayo: 220 calories
    2 slices of muenster: 200 calories
    2 slices of tomato: 10 calories
    1/2 cup cottage cheese: 115 calories
    2 wedges Laughing Cow cheese: 70 calories
    1 serving of Hormel pepperoni: 140 calories
    2 pieces of lettuce: 10 calories

I don't know if it's new food aversions, but I can't bring myself to want to eat ANYTHING. Aversions due to the sensitivities. Your body is TELLING you that you're eating the wrong foods.

I just eat to not feel hungry, but I'm disgusted with everything I see. I don't even have cravings, which I was expecting to have to battle in P3 with the new food choices. Any thoughts? This absolutely sucks. The weirdest part is that inches-wise, my measurements have stayed on point throughout this past week, even though I'm 6 lbs higher than what I weighed the day after discontinuing my drops. I'm just so darn confused, and as always, apologies for my rant!
    Come to the Gobble Gobble thread so I can keep track of the discussion. Look at my earlier post on the other thread about the woman who's near P3 but is going up...

Page 89 of the Gobble Gobble thread and pretty much what Grammy said... you can see the discussion of other women in exactly your boat!
    Last edited by wasa4; February 24th, 2011 at 07:49 AM.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    You need more meat for one thing. And you're eating a lot of cheese instead which is not a good thing. I'd go back to only meat and veggies. Eat meat every 2-3 hours and get your weight down. no dairy, nuts or eggs for 2 days. Then add one thing for 3 days in a row. For example add back eggs and eat them three days in a row before adding back dairy. Then add dairy for 3 days in a row and watch your weight.

Thank you for everyone's input.

I'm flattered to know that everything I've been consuming has likely resulted in this gain of around 5 lbs over LDW, especially given the fact that cheese was added on Tuesday, AFTER the scale already showed 211. Given my newfound food aversions, as well as the physical and financial inability to afford to pack certain foods into my body every few hours, I don't think I'll be following protocol anymore, because this is getting ridiculous.

I'm not eating enough, but I can barely hold down anything I'm eating. I can't forcefeed myself because the food comes back up. The easiest sources for protein which I'm not completely revolted by (yet) like cottage cheese and nuts could be contributing to the gains, and the only other alternative for me would be to alternate between tuna and steak/other meat all day long every few hours, and snagging a piece of lettuce here and there, since every vegetable I've put in my mouth except for the tomato slices has been thrown up (thanks, P2!!!).

I wish there was a magical pill I could take that would make me want to eat and be able to hold disgusting food down, but I just can't do it, so I'll make do with what I have and if I don't stabilize and keep gaining, then I don't care anymore, because going back to P2 foods right now will result in me throwing up everything, since I can't look at it right now, and my new options that I was so looking forward to in P3 are really not options at all, and I'm at the end of my rope here.

Nausea and food aversion was something I was having issues with coming into this protocol in the first place, so from now on, I'm going to cook and eat whatever the hell I want, as long as it has no sugar or starches, because if my food sensitivity panel came back negative for everything, then it's not worth it to me to either starve or throw up things I can't stomach anymore just to "be safe".

I'm counting calories, fat/protein/carb ratios, looking out for hidden sugars/salts/chemicals, and avoiding starches and sugars. Maybe I'm just supposed to stabilize around 210-211. Maybe my body just hates me. Maybe it's the back pain and painkillers causing severe water retention. Maybe it's not enough water/protein. I don't know, and I don't care anymore, but either way, I can't force myself to eat, especially things I despise eating, knowing it will only lead me right back to avoiding all foods, and I started on this journey so that I could avoid going back to where I've already been. Thankfully I don't crave carbs or sugar, otherwise I'd really be screwed.

5'8"/26 yrs old

Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    I'd go back to only meat and veggies. Eat meat every 2-3 hours and get your weight down. no dairy, nuts or eggs for 2 days.
    I suggested this EXACT thing in another thread of yours.

Don't give up! Have you thought about digestive emzymes to help? I have a very hard time in the first week or so of p3 with nausea and BM's. I take a probiotic all during p2 and p3 to help and it makes a big difference. There has to be something that is causing the nausea. Sugar Free Gum ro Soda's? Those are fine for me in p2 but make me feel terrible in p3.

Go back to natural eating, nothing processed only what comes from the earth and unprocessed meats. (Basically veggies and meat) Do what grammy says, she knows! I also don't think that cheese is safe for you, you are up 6 lbs arent you??? That doesnt show that cheese is safe.

R2P2!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast