Popular Pages

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FELL OFF THE WAGON - NEED HELP !!! How do you do it ?

Question FELL OFF THE WAGON - NEED HELP !!! How do you do it ?

Hi,
    Well I have a real dilemma and hope someone can help me here. Back in July- August I did the hHCG for about 43 days and stopped, I roughly lost about 19 pounds. Well I thought I would do my phase 3 and 4 and then continue with P2 (round 2). Well things did not work out as planned and I fell completely off the program eating anything and everything since that time. I have gained about 5 pounds (since my initial loss, so my total loss now is only 15 or so from the beginning). Anyways, I desperately need to lose 50 more pounds and have everyday told myself 'today is the day' you need to get back on the hHCG, yet I screw up day after day. My stomach now is rumbling in the morning, I want food - and I say 'screw it' and eat cereal. I progress through the day eating way too many carbs disgusted that I have once again blew it. I look at everyone who has done numerous rounds and wonder HOW do they get back on the 'starvation plan' so easily ??? I guess after 43 days I was SO sick of the same old foods day after day - I couldn't wait to eat other things (chips and salsa, chocolate, guacomole, etc.). I know though HCG will be the only way for me to lose the weight and keep it off, and now do not know how to get back on it....

Also I do not want to do 2 days of loading this time (because 'what if' I don't follow protocol 110% then I just gained 10 pounds for what ?) I would like to do hHCG without the loading days - since everyday lately I eat whatever I want anyways, so its almost like I am loading in some sense.... I would like some advice and maybe any words of wisdom here that you could offer. Have any of you started subsequent rounds skipping the loading days ? How did you get back on plan (phase 2) and get motivated to stay with it, after phase 3 & 4 of eating interesting foods again ? To think of only tea/coffee all morning long - stopping cold turkey again with the diet coke - and eating lettuce with apple cider vinegar (yuck) and dried out chicken breast - it is so hard for me to switch over. I guess I am afraid it won't work for me again ??? Need some advice. I need to lose this weight, and am so upset I have fallen off for this long (its been almost 8-10 weeks since I finished round one).....

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    First off, you need to load. If you're going to do it, you need to do it right. It's wonderful that you only gained 5 pounds eating whatever you wanted, by the way. It always works if you follow protocol. It's often hard mentally to start round 2 for some reason. But unless you start, you will never reach your goal. It just takes a decision and determination. I actually LIKE P2. I love seeing the pounds fall off. boredom with the food never killed anyone and it helps break the addiction to food if you let it.

You my dear are not alone. I finished round 1 in July - I did really well and started my 2nd round Oct 16th - at the time I started (preload) I was 3lbs over my stabilized weight and that was because I just finished TOM. So really I did really well in maintance however I dont know how because I ate a ton of crap. So I am living proof that HCG does work. Seriously I had tons of trailmix, almonds everyday, black liquorice everyday ugg. Anyhow, I have struggled and struggled every day on R2. I dont cheat like eating a whole meal but I go over on Protein, I put creamer in my coffee, I eat a bite of something sweet thats definately not on protocol. I am 24 days into it and I am stopping tomorrow maybe for a planned interruption maybe for p3 havent decided. The only reason I struggle is because even though I am still in the overweight range 5"7 166lbs I feel fantastic and I love being in a 9/10 instead of a 14/16 - So wheres the motivation if Im feeling good. But truly I want to get to 160.

Honestly I say wait until your head is in it. I have no idea why the 1st round is so easy and we are not the only ones who are struggling with the 2nd round. But your definately not alone. I seriously just need to walk away instead of wasting HCG and I need to get my head in it. I cant wait to dig into that bag of cocoa powdered almonds. haha

About loading, I would say you have to load you will be miserable without it. Remember the loading weight comes off within the first couple days for most. Im sure you could stick with it that long. But I told someone today and it made so much sense I should use it for myself but I said "Try tasting those next 20lbs that come off instead of the fast food or sweets" because seriously most of us want to be so skinny we can taste it. right. So if you just remember that maybe....Good luck with that

R/P/M
    R2/P3/rx
    I'm on my 1st Round but had to really mentally prepare to start

A) Write down your reasons for loosing weight and choosing HCG. Mine are below. I read them over each morning.

1. Instant gratification - Soo much more inspiring to stay on track while wearing my skinny jeans, as opposed to dreaming of the day I can wear them. Slow results in past plans have left me derailed and unmotivated. Great to see those daily loses no matter how small.
    2. Getting rid of FAT (not muscle) - too many plans make you lose both. I like the idea of hcg attacking the fat and leaving my muscles alone (I know they are under there somewhere! lol). I want my body fat to be at a healthy number.
    3. TRUE healthy weight - We all have a goal weight in mind, but I really have no idea if that is the weight I'm supposed to be. I like the fact that this protocol allows your true personal healthy weight to be revealed by only attacking abnormal fats. You will quickly stall, gain or be hungry if your goal is under what it should be. I want to know what the number on the scale should read for me, not the number I tell myself the scale should read which may be lower than my true weight.
    4. LOVE the idea of resetting my hypothalmus/ metabolism - don't care if that allows me to eat more or less food than before. I just want to know how to eat to maintain my weight(loss) for the rest of my life. Would like to know what a 'real' food portion for my body is and be able to stick with it.
    5. Healthy/Normal Eating food relationship - see above. I'm going to have carbs, sweets etc appropriately, like a 'normal' healthy person. I'm sick of an 'all or nothing' approach to food, and would like to take it as it comes instead of feeling, guilt, joy and sometimes victory over every bite. I need that relationship to change. Hoping it will be back like it was in my 20's when I used food simply as fuel to maintain a healthy body. I no longer want food and the issues it brings to be a focus in my life. I just want to fuel myself appropriately. And be happy daily with the body I wake up with.

B) RECIPES -there is absolutely no reason to be "eating lettuce with apple cider vinegar (yuck) and dried out chicken breast" . YUCK is right lol! There are fabulous recipes out there that don't make you feel deprived - spices are key. For lunch I had a 'california' burger (seasoned chicken breast pattie between 2 thick slices of tomatoes and lettuce - could barely finish the 2nd one). Dinner was 1.25 cup of ground chicken breast chili stewed down in 2 cups of cabbage followed by a dessert of melba sprinkled with stevia and cinnamon...

Hope this helps a bit. PM me if you'd like some recipe options...
    Current: R2/P3 wk5 - FINALLY stable! Now to add P3 foods
    SMOKE FREE & at GOAL!!
    HCGrx Total Loss: 41lbs / 8.5 inches / BMI 22.90 / NO MORE SPANX!
    5'9 size 6 & 8

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Subq
    well, i know this probably means nothing but just felt ill add my own two cents. I m yet to meet anyone else who did this but i skipped loading days. didnt feel i needed it. I already load way too much on a regular basis with the horrible way i used to eat so loading for me wasnt necessary. the BS about ppl needing the loading days to not feel hungry and blah blah.. i think its BS. I was only hungry the first day and so is most people who stuff their faces with crap for 2 days and also had the headache but that was it. it literally disappeared the very next day. Im now on VLCD13 and not once regretted skipping loading. I started at 188.2lbs and im down to 172.2lbs this morning. 16 pounds in 13 days! I believe having success in this diet is all about the mind and how much losing weight means to you. This isnt just about looking good (it's a sweet plus) but im doing this to lower my health risk.. too much family hx of HTN, diabetes, CAD and blah blah. so the question is, how bad do you want this coconut? you need to really fine yourself and get answers before starting.
    Starting weight Oct 30 2010: 188.2lbs
    Round 1, phase 2
    Mini goal weight: 160lbs
    Loading weight- skipped loading altogether
    VLCD 1-7: 188.2lbs - 177.6lbs (-10.6)
    VLCD8-14:177.6lbs - 172.6lbs(-5.0)
    VLCD15-21:171.8lbs-171.2(-0.4lbs) =(
    VLCD22: 171.0(-0.2)
    VLCD23: 172.2 (+1.0)
    VLCD24: 171.4(-0.8)
    VLCD25: 170.4(-1.0)
    VLCD26: 169.0 (-1.4) finally in the 160s! yeaaaaa
    VLCD27: 167.4(-1.6)

R/P/M
    R3 / P2 / Pellets
    ~ coconut ~

Here's a quote from today's Daily Motivator that may give you some inspiration:

Get stronger

When the difficulties come, and pile so high on top of one another that you can't see the way forward, you have a choice. You can choose to give up, or you can choose to get stronger.

You can choose to bury your dreams under impenetrable layers of worry and fear. Or you can choose to make those dreams even more magnificent and compelling so that you cannot resist being pulled forward by them.

You can choose to feel sorry for yourself, or you can choose to feel the power of your true purpose. You can look for who is to blame, or you can look for ways to take full responsibility for the situation.

This is your life, and even the difficult stretches are very much worth living. In fact, it is during the challenging times that you build new capacity for greater richness.

When there is no obvious reason to be positive, choose to be more positive than ever before. Instead of being overwhelmed by the problems, choose to be energized by the positive possibilities hidden within them.

Feel the genuine confidence that comes from knowing you always have a choice. And choose to live the positive value in whatever life may send.
    ─ Ralph Marston http://greatday.com/motivate/101111.html

To the best in all of us,
    Jan
    9/3/11: Began R1P2
    Height: 5'5.5"
    Goal weight: 125-145

Ratibor/Seaton/Zabcikville, (Temple), Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by anglki33e3 View Post
    well, i know this probably means nothing but just felt ill add my own two cents. I m yet to meet anyone else who did this but i skipped loading days. didnt feel i needed it. I already load way too much on a regular basis with the horrible way i used to eat so loading for me wasnt necessary. the BS about ppl needing the loading days to not feel hungry and blah blah.. i think its BS. I was only hungry the first day and so is most people who stuff their faces with crap for 2 days and also had the headache but that was it. it literally disappeared the very next day. Im now on VLCD13 and not once regretted skipping loading. I started at 188.2lbs and im down to 172.2lbs this morning. 16 pounds in 13 days! I believe having success in this diet is all about the mind and how much losing weight means to you. This isnt just about looking good (it's a sweet plus) but im doing this to lower my health risk.. too much family hx of HTN, diabetes, CAD and blah blah. so the question is, how bad do you want this coconut? you need to really fine yourself and get answers before starting.
    I definitely see your point on the loading on the first round as yes we are all already overloaded that's why we are doing this but any subsequent rounds you might want to reconsider since you are now eating healthy and fat free basically you will need the extra good fats to start off any additional rounds. (IMHO)

You've done wonderful, by the way, isn't it so nice to see that scale go down, down, down!?!
    Last edited by diane0120; November 11th, 2010 at 06:35 AM. Reason: spelling
    Diane

Started February 4, 2010 - Hit 100lbs lost November 6, 2010
    R1-40 hhcg w/load -41lbs; R2-40 hhcg switched to rx sublingual 333iu w/load -32.4lbs
    R3-32 rx subl 500iu w/load -21.4lbs; R4-48 rx subl 500iu w/load -33.2lbs
    Tested hhcg pellets-1 week-lost 8lbs; R5-33 rx subl 500iu w/load -20lbs

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your wonderful comments, advice, support....I TRULY appreciate your thoughts - I have thoroughly enjoyed reading what you all have said, I find it really helpful, and I thank you for this - it really is helpful....

R/P/M
    lost count!!!!
    Blog Entries
    You can load and not gain a tonne. I loaded 2nd round on just higher fats not the deep fried & breades stuff and only gained 1.4 pounds. I ate cream, cheese, nuts, sour cream, ice cream etc. If you load you will not be starving in the first few days of VLCD. You were complaining about starving in the first week and so Load - just watch what you load on! As far as getting into the groove of it again i find keeping a journal of everyday helps me do better at staying on protocol. Keep lots of celery, cucumber ready to grab to help through the wanting to eat times. I also drink lots of water/herb teas to have a fuller feeling. I do not drink coffee or regular teas, but you are aloud those in p2 - so drink to keep you belly feeling full until your well into the diet.
    Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Subq
    Quote Originally Posted by diane0120 View Post
    I definitely see your point on the loading on the first round as yes we are all already overloaded that's why we are doing this but any subsequent rounds you might want to reconsider since you are now eating healthy and fat free basically you will need the extra good fats to start off any additional rounds. (IMHO)

You've done wonderful, by the way, isn't it so nice to see that scale go down, down, down!?!

Thank you thank you! the scale going down alone is enough to keep me going and motivated. and i do see your point about loading the second round i do. but i absolutely felt no need this first round. i had enough fatty junk in me to last me the entire 40days! and your weight loss is mind blowing.. over 100lbs?!? it's people like you that also keeps me motivated. i mean if you can lose that much, i think i can too! Keep up the great work. and you look great!
    Starting weight Oct 30 2010: 188.2lbs
    Round 1, phase 2
    Mini goal weight: 160lbs
    Loading weight- skipped loading altogether
    VLCD 1-7: 188.2lbs - 177.6lbs (-10.6)
    VLCD8-14:177.6lbs - 172.6lbs(-5.0)
    VLCD15-21:171.8lbs-171.2(-0.4lbs) =(
    VLCD22: 171.0(-0.2)
    VLCD23: 172.2 (+1.0)
    VLCD24: 171.4(-0.8)
    VLCD25: 170.4(-1.0)
    VLCD26: 169.0 (-1.4) finally in the 160s! yeaaaaa