Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaining weight in P2

R/P/M
    Phase 2 , Round 1

Gaining weight in P2

I started on 6/20/11 and lost daily until 6/29/11.
    6/29/11 208.2
    6/30/11 208.2
    7/1/11 209.0

I expected the weight loss to slow down. I even expected stalls, but I am surprised that it is creeping up when I have not put one pinch of anything off the diet in my mouth.
    I eat chicken breast, measured skinless and fat trimmed every day,
    one of the allowed vegetables,
    the exact same thing for lunch and dinner.
    Two small apples.
    I'm on medical hcg, in shot form.
    Anyone else start to gain in their second week? Should I do the apple day? I tried calling the doctor but they are off until Tuesday...Imagine that.

started on 6/20/11
    First week: 10.6 pounds lost
    Week two: 1.8 pounds lost

R/P/M
    P4
    If you're following the plan, don't worry. It is completely normal to lose, stall, gain. It doesn't seem possible we could gain some days, but it happens. You'll lose tomorrow or the next day.

I did gain 3lbs in two days week 4 or 5 and it was the overuse of salt. I had terrible dizziness and that's the only thing that made it better, so I went crazy with it. When I cut out the salt, I dropped back down again.

Are you eating chicken for lunch and for dinner? Protocol is one kind of meat for lunch and another kind for dinner... Just in case you weren't aware of that.. I had a gain this morning on the scale for no reason either, so I understand your frustration. Good luck!
    Michele

R/P/M
    Phase 2 , Round 1
    The doctor I am going to said to eat exactly the same thing for both meals.

started on 6/20/11
    First week: 10.6 pounds lost
    Week two: 1.8 pounds lost

Your doctor is misinformed. I agree that if possible you should swap up your foods, introduce another protein & fruit choice into your diet. Do you like beef or fish? Strawberry, orange, or grapefruit? Sometimes our bodies just get too accustomed to the same thing over and over, and it likes a little variety. The protocol allows for white fishes, lean beef, or chicken breast. Also one egg +2 egg whites, and low fat cottage cheese (which I'd avoid unless vegetarian).

The other thing is, could you be ovulating or near the beginning of TOM? Many women gain a slight amount during those two times. Nothing you can do about that except be patient.

If you continue to not see any loss, you could try to swap one fruit for some extra protein and see if that gets things moving again. That trick works for many.
    Last edited by LisaAPB; July 2nd, 2011 at 11:09 AM.
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    If food is not what you need, what is it you really want?

R/P/M
    P4
    There is no restriction on having the same thing for lunch and dinner. You can eat nothing but chicken breast as your protein for the whole time if you want, although as Lisa said, it is probably healthier to mix things up a little. And it is 1 egg plus 3 egg whites, or cottage cheese made from skimmed milk, both allowed only very occasionally.

I think you gained because the human body is uncooperative and unpredictable. It is totally normal to gain some days.

Quote Originally Posted by jmmrr View Post
    There is no restriction on having the same thing for lunch and dinner. You can eat nothing but chicken breast as your protein for the whole time if you want, although as Lisa said, it is probably healthier to mix things up a little. And it is 1 egg plus 3 egg whites, or cottage cheese made from skimmed milk, both allowed only very occasionally.

I think you gained because the human body is uncooperative and unpredictable. It is totally normal to gain some days.
    jmmrr....... can you eat that non-fat 0% greek yogurt for protein very occasionally to change things up? i am getting tired of beef and chicken daily, and fish i like, it just makes me hungry to where chicken and beef do not. thanks!

i know from previous experience on a diet that i would stall and i would have to change things up and not eat the same thing in one day and even not eat the same thing in two straight days at all in order to break the stall. it was a strict diet, not as strict though as vcld. good luck!
    Michele

R/P/M
    R1P2/ pellets.
    Man, I thought it was 1 whole egg OR 3 egg whites??? You get both??

R/P/M
    R3/P2/SQ
    Blog Entries
    I recently gained for no reason whatsoever. It happens.

"A change in perspective is worth 80 IQ points" - Alan Kay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast