Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grissini & Melba toast alternatives?

Grissini & Melba toast alternatives?

Hello -

Just joined & happy to be here. 3.5 weeks in and down 20lb, w/ 40-ish to go : )

A question: we all crave during the diet and want as much variety as possible.

In that spirit I tried to grasp the important characteristics of Grissini & Melba Toast and see if there were other items that satisfied the same objectives.

I found (or I should say I *think* I found) some others, listed as follows, but then I keep reading conflicting statements everywhere that leave me filled with doubt. My #1 priority is to succeed on the diet, of course!

So here they are... and please let me know your assessment based on known facts. THANKS : )

Wasa Light Rye Crispbread: 1 cracker = 30 calories, 0 fat, 0 Chol, Total Carb 7g, Protein 1g

Yehuda Matzos: 1/4 "sheet" = 31 calories, 0 fat, 0 Chol, Total Carb 7g, Protein .85g

and for reference...

Old London Melba Toast (sourdough): 1 toast = 20 calories, 0 fat, 0 Chol, Total Carb 4g, Protein .66g

Granforno Grissini: 1 stick = 12 calories, .17 fat, 0 Chol, Total Carb 2.44g, Protein .33g

Thanks again : )

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Homeopathic Drops
    Blog Entries
    I found oven baked Angonaoa's Breadsticks: 1 stick (5g) = 23 Calories, .83 Fat, 0 Chol, 3.3g Carbs, 0 Sugar and .6g Protein

I looked everywhere for the Grissini Sticks with no luck..I happened to stumble on these guys in the Salad Dressing aisle.

I switch back and forth with my Melba Toast with no problem.

Melba Toast Classics: 1 peices (5.6g) = 20 Calories, 0 Fat, 0 Chol, 4.3 Carbs, 0 Sugar and .6g Protein
    High Quality, Reliable and Dependable
    HCG Drops & Pellets~Appetite Support~Liquid B-12
    Shampoo, Lotion, Sun Block, Detox, Biotin & Shakes
    http://gfchealthproducts.info/?ap_id=susrob05
    ~Susanne~
    R1: -21lbs
    R2: -19lbs
    R3: -20lbs
    Still holding strong at 137

R/P/M
    R5/P3/SubQ
    Blog Entries
    I used the Wasa sometimes but found after the first few days I didn't need the starch and just skipped them completely.

R5P3
    At Goal!!
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin!"

R/P/M
    R5P3 hhcg
    Blog Entries
    I usually skip the starch. I'm gluten-free so the wheat-based products don't work anyway. Since I'm not eating the grains, now and then I indulge and add a little bit of cornstarch to thicken sauces. I have not noticed any setbacks from doing this.
    Laura

R/P/M
    Round 1 Phase 2 Injections
    I'm having a hard time reaching 500 cal without adding the crackers/breadstick. Anyone else in the same boat?

R/P/M
    R5/P3/SubQ
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa View Post
    I'm having a hard time reaching 500 cal without adding the crackers/breadstick. Anyone else in the same boat?
    You can always have more veggies to up your calories. Once I was a week or so in I didn't count calories anymore (I loathe counting calories). I felt like I had a pretty good handle on it. I didn't worry too much about getting exactly 500 cal. I cut out the grissini/melba and only had one fruit a day. But I had larger servings of veggies to made up the slack.

You're avatar is super cute!!

R5P3
    At Goal!!
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin!"

Thank you all for your responses : )

Fat no more
    R/P/M
    Life maintaining-working off a 25lb gain. Round 6/injections
    Putting this out there for Arizona followers - there is a bread from Alpine Valley Bakery in Phoenix called 9 Grain. THis bread is only sold in ARizona I think, and they carry it under Bountiful Baskets organization or at Sunflower Market under their label but it clearly says 9 grain and the bakery told me it is their bread. THis bread is the equivalent to melba toast - I had no impact while using a slice to sub for the melba serving. No oils etc in the bread. It was a lifesaver for me because I had multiple rounds and big weight to get off - thankfully I DID it and am keeping it off!
    I lost 80 lbs by 3/11/11. Maintained very well until stumble in Spring 2013, up 25lbs. Started again on round 6- vlcd1 7/25/13 want to lose 25.

R/P/M
    Round 1 Phase 2 Injections
    scruzdj--
    Kavli is a Scandinavian brand of crackers, but can be found at most grocery stores. They're like Wasa, but SOOOO much tastier. Make sure you check the ingredients/label, because some of their "flavors"/kinds have oil in them, but hopefully they'll work for you! Here's what they look like:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...rnid=203034011

R/P/M
    R1/P2/HCG drops
    I also compared to Marzetti BAKED croutons, and if I did the math right, 4 tablespoons of croutons is equal to two grissini sticks...thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast