Popular Pages

Thread: HCG diet and high blood pressure..

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx injects- waiting for hcg
    Blog Entries

HCG diet and high blood pressure..

A friend of my husband is interested in trying the diet, but he was told he can't because he has high blood pressure. Does anyone have information.. or better yet, experience with this diet while dealing with blood pressure issues?

Thanks!
    Kristina, 41 yrs, 5'8"

Starting weight- 234.5
    Lowest -158
    Maintenance for 1 year- 164
    Current- 168

Sep 15 '10 R1/53dayP2/hhcg- 35.1 lbs lost
    Jan 20 '11 R2/55dayP2/hhcg-7.3 load gain, 33.6 lbs lost
    Apr 20 '11 R3/38dayP2/rx injects- 8 lbs load/pms gain, 17 lbs lost..bah! Break time
    Jun 04 '11 R3/28dayP2/rx injects- no load 6 lbs lost/ one size

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    Kristina, this is straight from Pounds & Inches..

" When the blood pressure is abnormally high, and provided there are no detectable renal lesions, the pressure drops, as it usually does in pregnancy. The drop is often very rapid, so rapid in fact that it sometimes is advisable to slow down the process with pressure sustaining medication until the circulation has had a few days time to adjust itself to the new situation. On the other hand, among the thousands of cases treated, we have never seen any untoward incident which could be attributed to the rather sudden drop in high blood pressure.

When a woman suffering from high blood pressure becomes pregnant her blood pressure very soon drops, but after her confinement it may gradually rise back to its former level. Similarly, a high blood pressure present before HCG treatment tends to rise again after the treatment is over, though this is not always the case. But the former high levels are rarely reached, and we have gathered the impression that such relapses respond better to orthodox drugs such as Reserpine than before treatment."

For me, back in 2005 I weighed 320 lbs. My blood pressure was controlled by meds but still on toward the upper limits. Since losing weight, both through lapband and now this diet, my blood pressure is on the low end of normal.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

R/P/M
    R4 Break
    I alway battle my blood pressure on hcg...because it drops so low!!! On any given day my "normal" blood pressure is around 96/63 on hcg it's usually in the 80's over 40's - too low! It does lower your blood pressure.
    ~Robbi

Before and almost after photos.... http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums.../diet-journey/

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    I went looking back at my last several doc visits... I'd been running right around 120/80 before hcg.. Partway through P2 I was 112/72 and a month later (2 weeks into P3) 104/62. Interesting.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

R/P/M
    R2/P3
    I have high blood pressure and when I had my consult with the doctor at the weight loss clinic, he said it was perfectly safe to do the diet. Hcg will not raise your blood pressure. After 2 weeks on the diet I have gone from 150/98 to 120/88. Not perfect, but a heck of a lot better.

Ratibor/Seaton/Zabcikville, (Temple), Texas
    I have high blood pressure that is controlled by meds and will be starting my 4th round Saturday. I have had no issues while on hCG, I actually feel much better while on the diet and my blood pressure almost normalizes while on it. I am one of those that will never be off meds for bp but the weight loss alone has helped. Your friend will benefit greatly from doing the diet and his bp too.

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx injects- waiting for hcg
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info guys!! I will email this link to him.
    Kristina, 41 yrs, 5'8"

Starting weight- 234.5
    Lowest -158
    Maintenance for 1 year- 164
    Current- 168

Sep 15 '10 R1/53dayP2/hhcg- 35.1 lbs lost
    Jan 20 '11 R2/55dayP2/hhcg-7.3 load gain, 33.6 lbs lost
    Apr 20 '11 R3/38dayP2/rx injects- 8 lbs load/pms gain, 17 lbs lost..bah! Break time
    Jun 04 '11 R3/28dayP2/rx injects- no load 6 lbs lost/ one size

R/P/M
    R5 P2 IM 175 IU
    I have had high blood pressure all my adult life. After 3 rounds I was able to go off of all my meds. My DR said it was because I lost weight.
    psjack