Popular Pages

Thread: HCG diet shakes? really?

R/P/M
    R1/P2/pellets

HCG diet shakes? really?

What is the deal with these shakes? Is this for P3-P4? I saw it on the site where I get my hHCG from and was curious as to everyone's take on them.

http://meridianhealthlabs.com/index.php?cPath=3

Trying to lose 20 pounds by Valentine's Day 2012

Nothing TASTE as good as skinny FEELS~Kate Moss

I am using a protein shake as a meal replacement some nights a week as I am tired of chicken and seafood. Jay Robb shake. So far so good. I lose normally on it most days and I am still on P2. I.5 scoop replaces a meal for me plus my milk tbsp and 1/2 my fruit serving. Then I eat a vegetable, melba and remaining 1/2 fruit serving. I am pretty stuffed afterwards
    R1 Start wgt/ load: 205.0/208.8
    R1 LIW: 169.0/168.8 Stabilized 167.4
    R2 Load 1: 168.4/172.6
    R2 LIW 157.4 Stabilized (156.8-159.0)
    R3 Load 165.2/165.6
    R3 wk 3: almost done: Normal BMI!!!
    R3 LIW: 152.2 weight Today: 152.8 P3 day 3
    ******** 1.6 pounds left to GOAL*************

R/P/M
    R3P3
    I personally LOVE my protein powder (Jay Robb, Body Fortress & pure hemp protein). I add it to pancakes, blend it with fruit, etc. I'm careful not to have too much (like one serving) each day, and get most of my calories/fat/protein from real meals. But - I'm perplexed by these types of shakes - on the canister (the one on the right), second line are FRUCTOSE and DEXTROSE. Admittedly I could be misreading the tiny print, but I've looked at other (similar) "hcg friendly" shakes and will stay with my favorites. Good luck, and hopefully some other forum members have some expertise!

Jay robb shakes are sweetened with stevia only so perhaps she can try that. Not sure about the others, but I am sure there are some good ones out there that don't have dextrose or maltodextrin as their main ingridient.
    R3 Load 165.2/165.6

Holy cow, these "hcg shakes" have as much or more carbs than protein! Here's a comparison of a few different protein shakes that were recommended by other hcg'ers. I haven't tried any of them yet - I wanted to compare them first. I also compared just the chocolate versions of these shakes so I could get a good apples-to-apples comparison.

Protein Powders.jpg Click the thumbnail for an enlarged image.

Thats not true...even from the thumbnail comparison it is obvious that there is Much more PROTEIN than carbs. jay Rbb has 4g carbs and 24g protein?? how is that the same?
    R3 Load 165.2/165.6

R/P/M
    R2/P2 inj
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    Thats not true...even from the thumbnail comparison it is obvious that there is Much more PROTEIN than carbs. jay Rbb has 4g carbs and 24g protein?? how is that the same?
    I think ali meant the ones in the original post. It has 14 carbs and 15 protein.
    I gained a bunch of weight following several bouts with depression. I am working on getting myself back.

**** *** *** *** ****Overall HCG Losses**** *** *** *** ****

Round 1 (23 day round w/hhcg) LDW ~ 229.6 (-17 lbs) Stabilized at 230.8
    Round 2 (40 day round w/rx inj) LIW ~ 221.6 (-8 lbs) Stabilizing well in P3!
    Hubby did it with me this time using RX SL and lost 20 lbs

Owner of HCG BOX COMPLETE
    R/P/M
    Currently not on a round of HCG - a veteran tho.
    We promote hcg diet shakes that are compliant with the diet. They have to be made with Stevia. Because we were dissatisfied with what we saw out there --- we decided to brand our own! Check out http://www.hcgboxcomplete.com/store Our flavors are Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry and everyone loves them. By the way - in the HcgBoxComplete weight loss system protein shakes and mct oil are NOT counted as calories twd the VLCD. We have seen with consistent success our clients still losing weight just like the strict VLCD only folks. This has made everyone very happy. Check out our blogs for more info!

Owner of HCG BOX COMPLETE
    R/P/M
    Currently not on a round of HCG - a veteran tho.

Wink Low Carbs, 2 g sugar (natural) and Hcg Diet Compliant

Our label tells the story. Also the whey that is used is quality. You can taste the difference! HcgBoxComplete Essential One Protein Shake - - - - - hurray! And they are all made with Stevia.

R/P/M
    R4/P2/hhcg pellets
    Quote Originally Posted by ali.ackerman View Post
    Holy cow, these "hcg shakes" have as much or more carbs than protein! Here's a comparison of a few different protein shakes that were recommended by other hcg'ers. I haven't tried any of them yet - I wanted to compare them first. I also compared just the chocolate versions of these shakes so I could get a good apples-to-apples comparison.

Protein Powders.jpg Click the thumbnail for an enlarged image.
    Sure is a lot of sodium in a couple of these...does that not cause water retention?