Popular Pages

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavenly P3 Cheesecake

This cheesecake recipe is Atkins approved. So, I figured it's approved for P3 also. It's really great. I know there are recipes out there for the almond flour crust, but, I haven't tried to make that yet. I've just made it crustless.

Here's how the recipe is written. Then I'll tell you how I've changed it up.

3 8oz. Pkgs Cream Cheese
    25 - 30 packets of Splenda (about 2/3C)
    2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
    3 Whole Eggs
    1 Cup Sour Cream

I've changed it to: Less Splenda and no Extract and add DaVinci's Sugar Free Vanilla (about half a 1/3 cup). Instead of a whole cup of Sour Cream (I thought it'd make it to sour), I do about 1/2 C of Sour Cream and almost 1/2 a cup of Heavy Cream.

Preheat oven to 375 Degree's Farenheit.
    1. Soften Cream Cheese in a large bowl.
    2. With an electric mixer, blend Cream Cheese ALONE until creamy and of an even consistency (important).
    3. Add Sugar, Vanilla and Sour Cream and blend until incorporated.
    4. *Important*, Add eggs ONE at a time and blend after each until incorporated into batter.
    5. Spray a 9 or 10" glass pie pan with PAM to prevent sticking.
    6. Add Batter to pie pan.
    7. *Important, but not necessary*, Place pie pan in a larger pan filled with water. This prevents the Cheesecake from cracking as much and keeps it moist inside.
    8. Place both pans in oven for 45 min. or until somewhat firm in the center. The middle can still be a little jiggly.

I did the baking dish with water underneath and I think it helps keep it moist.

It's easy and yummy. I really have to be careful because I find myself craving it. I know I need to address the roots of the problems that got me where I came from. But, it's a great snack.

Renee'

okay..need to know if I can substitute xylitol for the Splenda (I wont touch the stuffe ) Anyone know? And what would be the equivalent

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    yes- you can use xylitol. that's what i used in the one i made- it was wonderful... here's the recipe- due to the note at the top, i've tried it both with 4 eggs and with 5- i thought the 5 made it a bit fluffier- opposite of they say. i liked it better with 4.

(For a creamier cheesecake cut the eggs down to 3 instead of 5... Also I am removing the protein powder from the recipe because I have made it both ways and it really does not have an impact on the flavor or texture of the cheesecake.)

Crust...

1/4 cup Finely Chopped pecans
    1/4 cup Finely Chopped almonds
    1/4 cup Finely Chopped walnuts
    3/4 cup almond meal (almond flour)
    2 Tablespoons butter (melt in microwave)

Filling...

1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
    1 1/3 cups Pourable Splenda (or other sugar substitute that is equal to 1 1/3 cups sugar)
    5 eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    2 teaspoons lemon juice
    16 ounces sour cream

Cream cheese and eggs should be at room temperature before you start. How To Prepare: Mix all nuts and almond meal with melted butter and press into a springform pan, trying to line the sides as much as possible about 1 1/2 inches up the sides of the pan, set aside to mix filling.

Start by beating the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Keep the mixer on a low setting throughout the beating and mixing process. Add the sugar substitute a little at a time and continue beating until creamy. Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg. When eggs have been mixed into the cream cheese, add vanilla and lemon juice, Add the sour cream last until just blemded in.

Pour cream cheese mixture into the springform pan. Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degree preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes. If you want a cheesecake with a less brown top, put on the next rack down. Also, some have commented that they had a few cracks... Remember not to open the oven while baking, this might make it crack. You
    might also want to try a waterbath but its not really neccessary. When time is up, turn off the oven and prop open the oven door... leave in oven for one hour. After one hour, remove from oven. Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake also, so if it shrinks while cooling it will not crack at that time either. Let cool to just about room temperature before the cheesecake is put into the refrigerator for 24 hours.

Make sure you wait the 24 hours before sampling... A cheesecake should season. The wait is worth it. The flavor ripens and becomes enriched.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

YUM...

Is Xylitol p3 approved???

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Yes I use it always on P3.
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

I have made both of those recipes! My mom and I live on cheesecake for dessert in P3. I usually make the first recipe now because I liked it better and it is sooo easy to make. I also add the zest of 1-2 lemons to the mixture and it gives it a great flavor. It is divine with some strawberries and blueberries on top. I have some in the fridge right now!!!

OMG! Would it be bad to have something like that every other night??? I'm dreaming of it now!

Ok, tip from the little jewish girl, whom sadley can attribute to part of her weight gain to good cooking and baking...

TIP: take sour cream and whatever you use for sugar substitute...mix together and add to the cheesecake the last 5 minutes of cooking and reduce the temperature to 200-250.

then add after cooling to make a mixture of: your strawberries or whatever fruit with a little water and sugar substitute to the top of cheesecake

Now this is gladly what I use to live a healthier and enjoyable life...the new jewish style of baking.

-Candy

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    very welcome! but just be cautious with the xylitol- it's a sugar alcohol, and my body responds to it almost the same as if it were sugar- so i think the cheesecake is fine in small amounts, but if you're like me and can't keep your hands off of it, it can cause trouble on the scale.....
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/