This cheesecake recipe is Atkins approved. So, I figured it's approved for P3 also. It's really great. I know there are recipes out there for the almond flour crust, but, I haven't tried to make that yet. I've just made it crustless.
Here's how the recipe is written. Then I'll tell you how I've changed it up.
3 8oz. Pkgs Cream Cheese
25 - 30 packets of Splenda (about 2/3C)
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Whole Eggs
1 Cup Sour Cream
I've changed it to: Less Splenda and no Extract and add DaVinci's Sugar Free Vanilla (about half a 1/3 cup). Instead of a whole cup of Sour Cream (I thought it'd make it to sour), I do about 1/2 C of Sour Cream and almost 1/2 a cup of Heavy Cream.
Preheat oven to 375 Degree's Farenheit.
1. Soften Cream Cheese in a large bowl.
2. With an electric mixer, blend Cream Cheese ALONE until creamy and of an even consistency (important).
3. Add Sugar, Vanilla and Sour Cream and blend until incorporated.
4. *Important*, Add eggs ONE at a time and blend after each until incorporated into batter.
5. Spray a 9 or 10" glass pie pan with PAM to prevent sticking.
6. Add Batter to pie pan.
7. *Important, but not necessary*, Place pie pan in a larger pan filled with water. This prevents the Cheesecake from cracking as much and keeps it moist inside.
8. Place both pans in oven for 45 min. or until somewhat firm in the center. The middle can still be a little jiggly.
I did the baking dish with water underneath and I think it helps keep it moist.
It's easy and yummy. I really have to be careful because I find myself craving it. I know I need to address the roots of the problems that got me where I came from. But, it's a great snack.