Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Long Does the Hcg Stay in Your System?

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    Just read some interesting stuff online that says an hcg shot (like for fertility) is not completely out of your system for about 10 days. so they're told not to test for pregnancy until 14 days, because otherwise they may get a false positive test. granted, they're taking a lot at once (like 10,000 units). but a half-life is a half-life, it seems to me. (although one source said that you had to wait one day for each 1000 units- so if you took a shot of 10K you'd wait 10 days, but if 5K you'd wait 5 days)

perhaps this is part of the reason for needing 3 wks of P3? because if your body is still sensitive to fats (which hcg causes) and you add carbs, that you will gain? of course that then begs the question of what would happen if you ate little to no fat, and DID add in healthy carbs. ? It also might explain why some people don't stabilize well- perhaps we really should be watching how much fat we eat? (which has been my theory all along, since Dr. S. says you may eat fats "somewhat more liberally"- my believe is that this means "somewhat more liberally" than you did while on P2).

here i go again, stirring up a debate...
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

lis
    R/P/M
    Life maintenance R5/hhcg
    Very interesting Margie,
    I've been thinking this particular p3 I'm going to stick with my good old stand by's of chicken breast and low fat beef ...but just add in the higher fat fish because of the omega 3's. So in other words...not throwing caution to the wind regarding fat content. Last time I got regular beef...blech! It was like drinking a bottle of oil. And not much value for your money because it shrank to nothing.
    Jeremiah 29:11 Blessings, Lisa

lis
    R/P/M
    Life maintenance R5/hhcg
    Funny how all these years later we hang on every syllable Dr. S said and wonder the exact meaning of every phrase and how to interpret them. Just wonder what his thoughts about all this would be.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    You ARE stirring up a debate because I don't believe fats are bad for a second. LOL I HATE this low fat craze. Every time he says to add food, he mentions cheese. That's pretty much pure fat. So I'm not giving up my fats. I add lots of fat in P3 and P4 and have stabilized every time. :-)
    Colleen
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

Margie,

First of all I LOVE LOVE LOVE you!

But I have to respectfully disagree for myself. On my 2 rounds I stabilized extremely well right out of the gate. I stayed at or below LIW both rounds and the last round was p3, p4, and 50 days of lifetime maintenance.

I honestly believe that the high fat route is what did it for me. I did veggies, high protein, high fat, and about 2 fruits a day.

On the happily thinner after form the moderator has lost like 150 lbs and she gets paid to show people how to stabilize and correct gains. They have a program where you are eating 60% fats during p3 when you come off p2.

It could just be a random thing, and it just worked for me, but I do not limit my fats what so ever and it works like a charm

Again love to you!

jen

I also stabilized below LIW and radically increased my fat intake during both P3 and P4. And I agree with Colleen that fat is not an enemy of good health or maintaining weight.

R/P/M
    i did that too, you guys, for my first 3 rounds- and did fine, even into P4. but that has not been the case for R4, 5, and 6. i'm just thinking that there are many people right from the beginning who do NOT stabilize well on P3- even eating only real foods- so there could be a lot of individual differences, here. there are different types of metabolism, and different foods work better for different people. i think we also need to define what a "lot of fat" is- because i generally eat a LOT of fat! when dr. s. refers to cheese and eggs, i don't see that as a high-fat diet. but if you're eating a lot of butter, nuts, bacon, sausage, etc., those are not quite as healthy, overall.

and of course this quote is open to interpretation, but in the protocol he is talking about moving from P2 to P3 when he makes this statement: "If no carbohydrates whatsoever are eaten, fats can be indulged in somewhat more liberally". to me, it seems like he's saying you can eat them somewhat more liberally than in P2- and since you're eating NO fat in P2, that wouldn't mean a lot. so my interpretation of that statement is that you can eat a small to moderate amount of fat while in P3.

if nothing else, we know we can't eat a lot of fat while in P4, if we're also going to add back starch and sugar. we have enough people on this forum who have re-gained their weight to show Dr. S. was pretty accurate about that.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

lis
    R/P/M
    Life maintenance R5/hhcg
    You know I just realized something....for some of us...fat doesn't matter. For others it does.
    Also....I'm wondering if as the female body ages...that it needs more fat because that is where many of the female hormones like to rest.

I could have sworn I saw that estrogen often resides or is helped along by fat reserves. If a person's estrogen levels are lower..then perhaps they need more fat to compensate...or conversely they are able to tolerate more fat as a result.

I'm not sure I have the logic of this thought completely correct, but this could be some of the issues we are seeing.

I'm in perimenopause....so I seem to do alright with extra fat in my diet. I'm sure our vets will be able to weigh in on some of this.

I really wish some person with integrity would do an honest study of hcg and tell us this stuff.

R/P/M
    another point- for those who don't think that quote is in reference to P2, let's say it's not. let's say he's saying "somewhat more liberally" that a normal amount of fat. that still does not mean a LOT of fat. at best, he's saying you can eat a bit more fat than in a normal diet. something most of us did anyway. but eating a diet of mainly eggs, cheese, meats, nuts, oils, butter, etc., is more than "somewhat more liberally" in my opinion.

lis
    R/P/M
    Life maintenance R5/hhcg
    In the 1950's their definition of more fat, Lot of fat is probably different from ours.....I don't know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast