Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is a Good Laxative to Use That Won't Make Me Stall

I was wondering can somebody please give me the name of a good laxative that doesn't have sulfur in it.
    Thank you in advance.

Riversjl

any tea with senna. the more, the more effective. works better than laxatives for me!

Smooth Move tea works great!!

How often are you drinking the smooth move tea? I used to drink that a few years ago but haven't had any in awhile. I've noticed that I don't have many BM's on this diet... so do you drink it when you feel like you need it in P2???

Thanks!

Smooth Moves tea! I just used it for the first time last night...fantastic! I'm back on track!

You do need to be careful with Senna... just cause it's an herbal laxative does NOT mean that it's OK to drink the tea every day (I definitely do not agree with the comment "the more, the more effective" as this could lead to problems if you overdo it). Continued use can cause issues with your colon getting used to not having to work and wind up with your body then relying on the senna just to have a normal BM. Too much senna can cause serious cramps, nausea, vomiting, dehydration, and other side effects.

Basically, if it's been several days and you have not had a BM or you are feeling uncomfortably constipated, then drink the tea as recommended on the box. It's easy to think that natural herbs are gentle enough that they don't have side effects but we do still have to be careful and respect that they are medicines. You wouldn't double your prescription medicine just cause you wanted it to work faster....

You can also get senna in a tablet form if you're not fond of the flavor of the tea.

the diet is extremely constipating and you should be fine taking the teas throughout the course of this diet. "the more, the more effective" is a true statement, though i was actually referring to the dose on each box of tea. it varries greatly. i experience no results from yogi teas and had to find one with twice the senna. use it accordingly. the aim should be at least one healthy BM per day.

R/P/M
    2/3/hhcg drops
    I tried the Smooth Move tea and it did not do a thing for me! If anything, it almost had a drunken effect on me...I felt like I had to lie down almost immediatly after drinking it and literally "passed out" on the couch and fell asleep. My fiance had a hard time waking me up! Does anyone know why that could be?? Or what else may work?? Thanks!
    Weight after loading - 146.5
    LDW - 123
    Total pounds lost on 50 day round - 23.5
    P3D1 122.2, D2 123.2, D3 124.0, D4 125.6, D5 124.2
    D6 124.6, D7 125.8, D8 121.4, D9 124.2, D10 124.4,
    D11 123.4, D12 126.0, D13 125.2, D14 125.6, D15 125.4,
    D16 124.4, D17 125.8, D18 124.4, D19 124.0, D20 126.0,
    D21 123.4
    04/30 - P4D1 123.2

Just found this in Pounds and Inches:

"Constipation
    An excess of water keeps the feces soft, and that is very important in the obese, who commonly suffer from constipation and a spastic colon. While a patient is under treatment we never permit the use of any kind of laxative taken by mouth. We explain that owing to the restricted diet it is perfectly satisfactory and normal to have an evacuation of the bowel only once every three to four days and that, provided plenty of fluids are taken, this never leads to any disturbance. Only in those patients who begin to fret after four days do we allow the use of a suppository. Patients who observe this rule find that after treatment they have a perfectly normal bowel action and this delights many of them almost as much as their loss of weight."

So I guess Dr. S was against laxatives in general... unless it's been more than 4 days- I hadn't remembered that. Guess I need to go back and read P&I for the 68th time!

If you think about it though, we're eating CONSIDERABLY less volume than our bodies are used to and the amount of waste is significantly reduced because of the reduced intake. I don't think that the diet itself is constipating, I think it's only logical... less in, less out... haha.. Just super important to get ALL your water and only use the assistance of a laxative if necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast