April 25th, 2010, 05:22 PM #1
I made lettuce wraps tonight and thought I'd share the recipe. I mix veggies, but you could alter if you don't.
P2 Friendly Lettuce Wraps
100 g chicken
Boston lettuce leaves
Chicken Broth (or water)
- Cook chicken on medium high heat, add a little chicken broth to pan to keep from sticking
- Remove chicken once cooked and mince
- Add chopped veggies to pan and cook to desire tenderness
- Meanwhile, make sauce. Combine Mustard, Hot Sauce, Braggs Amino, Salt, Onion Powder, Stevia, Minced Garlic, Chicken Broth (or water) in bowl. (I don't measure, so just play around with it until you like it).
- Remove veggies, combine with chicken in mixing bowl, add sauce, combine thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture in lettuce leaf. (I had 2 for dinner and that was plenty!)
P.S. As always, check the ingredients in everything I listed for the sauce for sugar.
P.P.S. If anyone has suggestions on how to thicken the sauce without corn starch, I'd be interested in hearing what you suggest. I couldn't figure it out, but it was still really good.
April 25th, 2010, 08:00 PM #2
Everytime I use paprika on my beef it seems to make the water or sauce thicker....maybe try it as it's good on chicken too. Sounds good!!
April 28th, 2010, 07:13 AM #3
I have one too! So easy and So good!!
Albacore Tuna White Meat in Water
Add pepper and Yellow Mustard
with/ one leaf of Romaine Lettuce
Wrap tuna mixture in Lettuce
Serving Size is 1/4 cup of tuna and 1 leaf lettuce = 56 calories
Wrap tuna in Lettuce
BEST SNACK EVER!! I usually have one a 10 am and another at 12---keeps me going!!
April 28th, 2010, 07:24 AM #4
mommaliz - I did that too but I used almost the entire can of tuna (took out two chunks) and made sure it weighed 3.5 ozs after I drained the water. Why are you only eating 1/4 can of tuna? I ate the entire thing as my dinner. Are you dividing it up to eat throughout the day instead of one serving?
January 14th, 2011, 01:02 PM #5
other recipe for lettuce wrap sauce
Im new to this but I made some kick butt sauce that is a must try for the wraps
asian chili garlic sauce (no sugar in ingredients)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
bring water to boil
add ginger and lemongrass to boiling water, boil for 1-2 minutes
combine all other ingredients except cilantro
add boiled concoction to other ingredients then add cilantro.
combine all ingredients