Popular Pages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Link to P3 Food List

Can someone please post link to P3 food list.
    and things that are absolute "NO" on P3.

Also can steak be replaced by fish or any other meat?

Peter

R/P/M
    R3/P2/Drops
    Blog Entries
    Great question, I would love to know if there is a p3 food list!!!

There is no list that I know of. We are to add more protein, good fats, vegetables, and fruit. No starchy vegetables are allowed. Sweet fruit, such as banana or mango, should be eaten with caution until you stabilize.

Be careful with some sauces and dressings because they could have sugars in them.

If you are gaining, you can do a high protein day. If you go over 2 pounds of your LIW, then you may do a steak day.

I think it would be hard to have a list because it would be so extensive. Its easier to make a list of things that are NOT allowed on P3 lol

I read where someone said that using the Atkins food plan was a good place to start and I agree. Here is some info on it with food lists for each phase. http://www.atkins.com/Program/FourPhases/WhatIsInduction/AcceptableFoodsList.aspx

foods to avoid on p3-
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diabetes-diet/DA00069

Low Carb Vegetables
    This list is roughly arranged from lowest to highest carbohydrate counts, but all are non-starchy and generally low in carbohydrates. Exact carb count depends on serving size. Remember when counting carbs in vegetables that the fiber is not counted, and can be subtracted from the total.

* Sprouts (bean, alfalfa, etc.)
    * Greens lettuces, spinach, chard, etc.
    * Hearty Greens - collards, mustard greens, kale, etc.
    * Radicchio and endive count as greens
    * Herbs - parsley, cilantro, basil, rosemary, thyme, etc.
    * Bok Choy
    * Celery
    * Radishes
    * Sea Vegetables (Nori, etc)
    * Broccoli
    * Cauliflower
    * Cabbage (or sauerkraut)
    * Mushrooms
    * Jicama
    * Avocado
    * Cucumber (or pickles without added sugars)
    * Peppers (all kinds)
    * Summer Squash (including zucchini)
    * Scallions or green onions
    * Asparagus
    * Bamboo Shoots
    * Leeks
    * Brussels Sprouts
    * Snow Peas (pods)
    * Green Beans and Wax Beans
    * Tomatoes
    * Eggplant
    * Artichoke Hearts
    * Fennel
    * Onions
    * Okra
    * Spaghetti Squash
    * Celery Root (Celeriac)
    * Carrots
    * Turnip (see Carb Counts of Root Vegetables)
    * Water Chestnuts
    * Pumpkin

Starchy (High Carb) Vegetables
    The main veggies to be avoided when reducing carbohydrates are the starchier vegetables:
    * Beets
    * Carrots (depends on diet)
    * Corn
    * Parsnips
    * Peas
    * Plantains
    * Potatoes in all forms
    * Winter Squashes (particularly acorn and butternut)

Choose Low Sugar Fruit
    Fruit is an area where some of the low carb diets part company, as some depend more upon glycemic index or glycemic load (South Beach, Zone), while others just look at total carbs (Atkins, Protein Power). Also, some diets (Atkins, South Beach) don't allow fruit at all in the first phase. In general, your best bet fruits are these, but do check carb counts. These are sort of arranged by sugar content, taking volume and weight, into account. This is not an exhaustive list.

Good news: the fruits lowest in sugar are some of the highest in nutritional value, including antioxidants and other phytonutrients.

Fruits lowest in sugar:
    * Rhubarb
    * Strawberries
    * Cranberries
    * Raspberries
    * Blackberries
    * Blueberries
    * Grapefruit
    * Melons
    * Apricots
    * Plums
    * Peaches
    * Pears
    * Guava
    * Cherries
    * Apples
    * Papaya

Fruits fairly high in sugar:
    * Grapes
    * Tangerine
    * Oranges
    * Pineapple
    * Kiwi

Fruits to be avoided in the maintenance phase:
    * Bananas
    * Dried Fruit
    * Mango

Foods to Avoid:

Avoiding sugar simply means avoid cookies, cake, pie, candy, cupcakes, frosting, soft drinks, corn syrup, kool-aid, processed food, energy drinks, fruit juice, honey, yogurt, donuts, cookies, pudding, maple syrup, brownies, canned fruit in heavy syrup, ice cream, cool whip, boxed breakfast cereals, breakfast bars, granola - nothing with sugar.

Be sure to read food labels, check to see if sugar is added into a product before you buy it. Nearly every product in a can or box contains sugar in one of its many names. The first five ingredients listed on an item is the majority of the product, so be sure that sugar is not in the top five.

Avoiding starch means avoid cornstarch, white flour, wheat flour, any flour, pasta, any bread or bread product, breadsticks, bagels, hamburger and hotdog buns, crackers, tortillas, oatmeal, rice, polenta, peas, corn, lentils, pita bread, pretzels, corn chips, potato chips, yams, potatoes, pancakes, muffins, nearly all root vegetables, any breading on fish, chicken, or other protein., beans, grains, acorn squash, butternut squash, cereals, granola, cereal bars, popcorn, biscuits, corn bread, taco shells, croutons, rice cakes, Cream of Wheat, corn meal, and some nuts.

Most restaurants and fast food places add sugar to nearly every product, so be wary of eating out all the time. Other meats to watch out include deli meats, bacon, ham, prosciutto, sausage, and hotdogs.

Do not eat processed cheese (i.e. Velveeta), it contains unnecessary sugars and starches. Try not to eat processed anything for that matter.

is it ok to have chicken tenders that don't add any batter- they are just deep fried?

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Yes you can have fried meats as long as they aren't breaded with a starch.

Weird that avocado is on a vegetable list, Peter. It's a nut. And my fave! :-)
    Colleen
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

R/P/M
    R2/P2/injections.
    Blog Entries
    ok, I have to say reading this makes me think P3 isn't all that different than P2 except eating more. SO what I want to know is those who are on P3, what are some of the ENJOYABLE things you get to eat now? Cheese?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast