Popular Pages

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Live a Skinny Life After HCG Protocol

I thought I would open up another discussion to assist dieters who are nervous about gaining weight after they finish the HCG Protocol. There have already been some great comments in other discussions. Perhaps we can use this discussion to give out information.

I have had the good fortune to have my lovely daughter-in-law live with me this year while my son is serving overseas. She is from East Timor - an island above Australia which use to be part of Indonesia until they gained independence in 1998. In her country the traditional diet consists of local vegetables and fruit, protein from chickens, eggs, fish and on special occasions pigs and goats. They use coconut oil and chillies and eat rice with every meal.

In her country it is very unusual to see a fat person. Their attitude to food is different to ours. She doesn't eat in between meals. She only eats when she is hungry. If offered a nice dessert she really likes, when she is already full from her main meal, she will turn it down.

Food is prepared from scratch using fresh organic vegetables and meat (because thats all they have). If you want meat, you kill a chicken yourself. I was concerned when she came to Australia to live that she would get sick from our "flu and colds". We all went down with the flu, she was better in 2 days where it took the rest of us 2 weeks to recover.

In Western countries like Australia and America we have access to cheap pre-packaged food (often cheaper than buying fresh fruit, vegetables and organic meat). However it is full of preservatives, artificial flavours and colours, processed white sugar (or corn syrup). Because these things aren't "natural", our bodies can't process these "foods" properly. So many of the toxins are stored as "fat" in our bodies.

So what is the point of my story. If we want to stay slim and healthy we need to change the way we eat permanently. To loose the weight then return to old eating habits will bring us down as we will be right back where we started from. So does this mean I will never eat a hamburger, cake, biscuits and ice-cream again. No, but I will more likely make these foods from scratch myself from ingredients I know are good for me.

I want to share some excellent books and websites regarding food and nutrition which may be of assistance to some of you, because they helped me have a better understanding. Sorry if I am preaching to the converted.

Books:
    In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto, and
    The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals both by Michael Pollan.

Websites:
    Article on Stevia and its many benefits
    http://www.herbsarespecial.com.au/free-herb-information/stevia.html

and a wonderful website full of articles on food and nutrition.
    http://www.westonaprice.org/

A website about coconut oil
    http://www.kokonutpacific.com.au/OilSales/OilIndex.html

The reason I love this diet protocol sooo much is because it detoxes the body and resets the metabolism. Its like having your old car retuned so it runs like new.

Our friends and family may try and sabotage us, just remember it is your body and you have to live in it.

Jill

Thank your for sharing this valuable information.
    I tried my 1st round of hcg and was too weak to continue after 21 days. I should have stopped after 8 days because I was so weak but was in denial because I wanted it to work so bad. I never did cheat but had to stop and then gain back all but 6 pounds. I have a different brand on order and hope it might be more effective. I had always had a protein deficient diet all my life. Now I find out that was my problem all these years. Now I can not eat enough red meat. I actually gained weight on the days I ate fish and chichen as if my body did not get any nutritional value from it.

I had ordered sublingual and the pharmacy recommended that I might try another brand. Let's pray that my body will adapt to the new brand with better results.

Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.

Judy

R/P/M
    R1P2
    Jilly
    Thank you for starting this thread i think it can do alot of good.....I so agree that to go through this and then go back to eating the way i was would be insane.... I think I once heard the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again...when i reach my goal i plan on following the Eat Clean diet which includes lots of fresh foods and also locally grown when possible....I'm buying much more organic and have access to farmers markets where i can buy grass fed beef and lamb I realize that my old habits need to change and now is the time with all the time on this Hcg I'm hoping to reprogram myself and my mind as well as my body to enjoy the better food choices.... as far a sugar goes I know I'll need to keep that at a minimum Im a definite addict

The Eat Clean diet has 2 or 3 books available and a new recipes book that just came out also they have a magazine you can get at most grocery stores in the US there may also be a web site for anyone interested

I'm sure I to will eat a burger or speghetti out at times but if 95% of the time I eat well and clean and remind myself how good I feel then that 5% will not effect the results..

Judy I have always done better with red meats I'm an O blood type and they need it! Do you know what your type is? I have been known to feel guilty eating meat because everyone thinks it not as good for me but I feel so much better when I eat it....I have a little book that tells me the right food for my type and keep it in my purse... I just found out not that long ago what my type was, I was to far gone to do any thing with that info I need to really get control and this is so helping...

Beth
    releasinglbs

Beth

restart 6/30/12
    2 load days
    restart 7/2
    w/load 188.2
    P3 17 days 172
    p2 172 load
    p2 171.4 load
    p2 D1 171.6
    p2 D2 170.6
    p2 D3 169.4
    p2 D4
    p2 D5
    after 79 days Releana
    last drop weight 165.8
    started p3 on Wed 9/21 17 days
    restart p2 VLCD Wed 10/10/12

Total released 22.4 lbs
    Total inches 26.25

goal 140 lbs
    swimming down stream!

Thanks Beth and Judy

I was brought up a vegetarian. However being a vegetarian didn't agree with me - I was always pale and sickly. When I started eating meat I became much more robust. I am "O" blood group so it all makes sense now. I will check out the Eat Clean book on Amazon.

Jill

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    The book Beth is refering to is The Blood Type Diet. Type O is the oldest blood type on earth, they are the only ones that a true low or no carb diet will work for. If you ask folks who have had great success with the Atkins diet, and been able to keep it off, most are type O's. I also whole heartedly agree with the saying Beth was quoting....the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. There are so many places in our lives we can apply that philosophy!! I have applied it to my eating habits. I think we have to if we want to remain thin after ward, and healthy!! Every now and then, there is a forum member who will comment that hcg is not a cure if they can't go back to eating the way they did before the protocol. I used to want to talk to them, now I realize it is just a matter of time before they realize for themselves. This protocol changes you if you let it. You want to eat healthy, you don't want to go back to your old ways. Granted, there are times when I have to eat somewhere that I know the food is not the best, has chemicals and preservatives and junk...but I know that it is the exception and not the rule anymore. And, it really doesn't taste good!!!

Thanks for the book recommendations!! I will check those out !!

Barb
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    I will say though that just changing to eating healthy when you're still fat and your hypothalamus is whacked up won't let you lose weight. I tried that for 10 years. 10 years! Still no lasting weight loss. I have read labels, prepared whole foods, eliminated white sugar and flour from the house (all gluten in fact) and it didn't matter. This protocol is necessary first, THEN the clean diet will help maintain.
    Colleen

Colleen, I agree with you. Followed body for life for 3 months. Eating clean and working out 6 times a week and in 3 months I lost less than 6 pounds. I felt good but the lack of results were awful.

Now that I have some weight and inches off. I look forward to working out again and doing one more round.

Eating Clean is also in magazine form, with some AWSOME recipes inside, which you can get a 2week planner as well.

You can pick it up at Whole Foods, Barnes and Noble, any of those...

R/P/M
    R1P2
    I think we all agree that we need the help of hcg to release the lbs...That's why we are all here the Big Bang Answer to the success to this is what a person does after the protocol... It doesn't matter which hcg you are doing...If you follow the protocol you will succeed....It's the lifetime results after the protocol that is important and how we stay at our Last Dose Weight that matters most....I've also done all the different plans out there and it was a slow and painful proccess to release a lb or 2 so i knew this was what I needed to reset my body....

ps there is a small book paperback that has each blood type separate that fits in a purse that list all the right foods for your type..it's by the same author as the Blood Type Diet... I use it as a reminder when I shop..they are available at barnes and nobel...others as well and Amazon

One other thing I think that adding variety to the Phase 4 for life will also help with stablizing and food sensativities.
    releasinglbs

Beth

restart 6/30/12
    2 load days
    restart 7/2
    w/load 188.2
    P3 17 days 172
    p2 172 load
    p2 171.4 load
    p2 D1 171.6
    p2 D2 170.6
    p2 D3 169.4
    p2 D4
    p2 D5
    after 79 days Releana
    last drop weight 165.8
    started p3 on Wed 9/21 17 days
    restart p2 VLCD Wed 10/10/12

Total released 22.4 lbs
    Total inches 26.25

goal 140 lbs
    swimming down stream!

I agree with Colleen regarding the "eating healthy". Just over a year ago, I went to a nutritionist to see if maybe he could help me with my chronic pain issues. He put me on a non-inflammatory diet for 6 MONTHS - gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, red meat free. I did all organic, too. I lost 13 pounds, (was miserable) and had no change in my pain issues. So I started eating "normally" again, gained almost all my weight back, but then I found HCG. I've lost 18 pounds (R1D22P2) so far. I am hoping that once I get down to a normal weight again (probably after one more 40 day round), that my pain issues will be resolved as well!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast