Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is mahi mahi OK on Phase 2?

Is mahi mahi OK on Phase 2?

I don't eat meat, only fish. Looking for an alternative to albacore on Phase 2. Thanks.

R/P/M
    R4/P2/
    I would think so... It seems in the protocol they mention a few types of fish that are not OK... seems most of those are on the higher end of the fat scale, fish you cannot eat are listed as tuna (that would likely include ahi/yellow fin), salmon, herring, eel, dried or pickled fish etc... Mahi Mahi sounds like a great choice to me.

R/P/M
    R2/P1/Inj+B12
    It looks okay. When in doubt just don't eat it but if you look up the nutritional values and compare it to the other fishes it seems compriable. I ate squid then found out it's too fatty for phase 2.

see http://caloriecount.about.com/

Mahi Mahi is also called dophinfish, btw

R/P/M
    R3/P2/ hHCG Drops
    Blog Entries
    yup, its ok. it was one of my main meat sources through P2. you can get a big bag of mahi at costco for like 12bucks. they are individually wrapped, and 3-4oz, so it makes it really easy for P2, hence why i ate it so much.
    “When diet is wrong medicine is of no use. When diet is correct medicine is of no need.” - Ancient Ayurvedic Proverb

"Well people are sick people who simply don't know it--yet" -Philosophy of American Pharmaceutical Companies.

R3P2 Start: Nov 3rd, 2011

R2P2 Start: Sept 3rd, 2011.
    R2P3 Start: Oct 6th, 2011- 12lbs

R1 Start: May 17th, 2011
    R1/P2/VLCD 47 day round - 20ish lbs lost.
    Start P3: July 3rd, 2011

R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Dizzle View Post
    yup, its ok. it was one of my main meat sources through P2. you can get a big bag of mahi at costco for like 12bucks. they are individually wrapped, and 3-4oz, so it makes it really easy for P2, hence why i ate it so much.
    I haven't seen the mahi-mahi at the East Coast Costco stores. I've only seen cod (BLECH) and tilapia (meh). I'll look for it again.
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.

R/P/M
    R3/P2/ hHCG Drops
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    I haven't seen the mahi-mahi at the East Coast Costco stores. I've only seen cod (BLECH) and tilapia (meh). I'll look for it again.
    Well thats not cool! Last time I went (I typically refuse to go into Costco and have other folks pick it up for me) they had a ton of fish options. I also get my shrimp from Costco since its cheap there too. Maybe there is more because its Seattle, so we're supposed to like seafood more? lol. I hope you can find it! I actually like to cook my mahi a little on the dry side, because its tough, kinda like a tuna steak, and feels like you're actually eating something like beef. I had a marinated mahi from Trader Joes the other day, it was really good. Don't think that would be P2 (think there was oil) but if you're a lil rouge, I think it would work well.
    “When diet is wrong medicine is of no use. When diet is correct medicine is of no need.” - Ancient Ayurvedic Proverb

"Well people are sick people who simply don't know it--yet" -Philosophy of American Pharmaceutical Companies.

R3P2 Start: Nov 3rd, 2011

R2P2 Start: Sept 3rd, 2011.
    R2P3 Start: Oct 6th, 2011- 12lbs

R1 Start: May 17th, 2011
    R1/P2/VLCD 47 day round - 20ish lbs lost.
    Start P3: July 3rd, 2011

R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Blog Entries
    I'll look at Trader Joe's. Maybe they'll have other portioned frozen fish options there as well.
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.

R/P/M
    R3/P2/pellets
    They definitely have it at Trader Joe's, I buy it there often. Also BJ's has it (another costco like place). Tilapia is my fish of choice, but mahi mahi is definitely a good thing to throw in the mix. I lose best on fish, really any fish, so I try to have it 4-5 times a week. Yum.

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    I've use mahi mahi in my last two rounds with no issues. Costco sells flash frozen packages. Many major grocery stores will have them in flash frozen single serving pouches as well..just ask at the fish/meat counter.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

R/P/M
    R2/P4ever/SubQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    It's everywhere in NY, don't you live here?
    R1 147.6 Load 146.1 LIW 127.1
    R2 128 Load 139.8 LIW 124.6

weight loss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast