Popular Pages

Thread: Need some ideas for a tasty tilapia recipes for Phase 2

R/P/M
    injections/phase2

Need some ideas for a tasty tilapia recipes for Phase 2

I am not a huge fish fan really but I want to chage off of my daily chicken and beef today.
    The last time I tried tilapia I pan fried it ( no oil) and seasoned with cayenne pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. I just had it on some cabbage. I didn't even eat it all b/c I just didn't really like it.
    Maybe I could do a fish taco with lettuce as my shell?
    Anyone have a recipe they could share?

Hi browneyed,
    this is how I do tilapia--- We buy the filets at costco, and I take one, frozen still--put in a small baking dish. I do use a bit of Pam. Squeeze some lemon juice on. Sprinkle with any seasoning you like that is P2 friendly. I use the garlic/pepper seasoning mix from McCormick's(I think) no sugar in it. And then put in a 400 degree preheated oven for 25 minutes. And enjoy!!! It cooks just perfect every time.

Hope this helps----this is a mainstay of my diet now!

Tammye P2/R4 53 yrs old, 5'3"
    R4P2 5/20/11 VLCD1 130.2 ---LIW 115.6 6/17/11
    Total loss from 6/2010 ---- 33 lbs

R/P/M
    R2P2/Injections
    I eat it the same as previously mentioned or I take an old recipie and motifiy it.

1. VERY lightly coat pan with pam, add in garlic and a pinch of salt and a dash of white vinager take one 100gram taliapa fillet and cook. After its done cookied grate a little lemon peel on the top.
    2. The sauce - equal parts Liquid aminos and approved Hot sauce, pour over fish
    3. Sometimes i eat it over maricle noodles chopped very fine like rice or just with a veggie

Hey browneyed,
    We must have the same kind of tastebuds, haha.
    Hubby and I just gave away all of our Tilapia, we really did try to like it but... bleeeeech!!!
    We bought some Orange Roughy, yum! Very mild fish.
    Frypan with a little chicken broth, easy on your favorite seasoning, tiny bit of "butter buds"... we were in pure heaven.

Was 220 lbs (Doctors diet and Tricor wasn't working)
    Started smoking and lost 80 lbs (the "hand-to-mouth" thing), dropped to 140 lbs, I know, my Dr. was mad!!!
    Started gaining again, quit smoking with e-cigs Dec. 10th, 2009
    HCG begin day: Sept. 18, 2010

R/P/M
    injections/phase2
    Thanks ladies! I am going to try and whip something like this up. I think I might try the roasted radishes with it that I have been reading about. I have never had them and am anxious to see how they are.
    So far my veggies have consisted of lettuce (for wraps) and cabbage. I need a little change.

R/P/M
    injections/phase2
    Whisper- I have never tried orange roughy. I will def. give it a try though.
    Thanks!

R/P/M
    R1/P2/HHCG Drops
    For anyone else looking for phase 2 Tilapia recipes:

Place the tilapia in some foil. Sprinkle on top Paprika, Cumin, Curry, Sea Salt, Lemon Juice from half a lemon. Add some red pepper flakes if you'd like it a bit spicier.

Wrap the foil up and bake in oven at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. Be sure to pre-heat first!

R/P/M
    R3P2/Injections
    Blog Entries
    I LOVE YOU, HAYLEY! Which is to say... This fish was just perfect.

And on top of THAT, I made your recipe into salad dressing without the fish, too. Lemon juice, rice vinegar, and then all the same spices. I sprinkled it over baby spinach. This may be the best P2 meal I've had in 2 rounds!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by HayleyR View Post
    For anyone else looking for phase 2 Tilapia recipes:

Place the tilapia in some foil. Sprinkle on top Paprika, Cumin, Curry, Sea Salt, Lemon Juice from half a lemon. Add some red pepper flakes if you'd like it a bit spicier.

Wrap the foil up and bake in oven at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. Be sure to pre-heat first!

I suggest you go look up tilapia on the google god, its a pond carp, fed all sorts of bad things. I won't touch a farmed fish, let alone one grown in asia.

R/P/M
    R3P2/Injections
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm very familiar with tilapia and a myriad of other fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk