Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not losing weight! help!

not losing weight! help!

Hi all!

so ive been on the HCG diet for 3 weeks now and about a week and half ago, i stopped losing weight. I haven't gained weight but i haven't lost any either.
    I've also been constipated
    what should I do? I don't want to give up on my diet, but a friend of mine is telling me to stop the diet for a week...what should I do?

to all who helped me...i've actually stopped on friday (unfortunately i did this before posting on here) because my friend told me i should take a break since i was not losing weight...I think instead of being off the diet for the entire week like they said...I think only maybe the weekend and then get started again on again. does this mean that i should be "stacking" over the weekend? or just consider the weekend as a "cheat days"? I'm not sure what to do??? I've been eating normal since friday and i did not take my shot this morning. I know...I've screwed it up pretty bad, but i think now that i've had my fill of cravings i think i will do even better now on the diet. just not sure if i should be off the entire week or just this weekend and what should i be eating while i'm off.

ps. I took a laxative and that helped but i can't be taking that all the time. thanks again all for the great advice!!
    !
    Last edited by orion; April 9th, 2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: changed my diet :( want to go back now to my hcg

R/P/M
    P2 yet again/rx subq
    First, take some magnesium for the constipation. That'll help a little.

What have you been eating and drinking, and how much, exactly? How much did you lose the first week and a half? How much do you weigh and how tall are you?

Ive been eating what it says on the simeons diet plan. either chicken, ground beef (lean), fish and shrimp. once a week i eat the egg thing. (1 egg + 2 egg whites). for veggies i do only one per lunch and one per dinner....I have asparagus,lettuce, cuccumber, tomato. I drink tea with stevia and sometimes water...but mostly i get my water from drinking the tea. (honestly i can't stand water) although i just received my flavored stevia and will now be drinking tons of water...yum! the melba toast. I have cheated a couple of days that i saw my husband eat yummy stuff and i could not resist. I had cravings...although now that i have cheated, my cravings are gone and i'm back on track. my cheat was a few chocolate kisses and a toast. (not mixed)

I lost 10lbs in the first week and 1/2. and that is as far as i got. once on got to the 10lbs my body kinda stopped. I'm 5'2" and now weigh 148...so i started the diet at 158. it's frustrating because with this diet, i'm supposed to be losing a pound a day! I should have lost about 20 lbs by now! should i take metamusil or something like that? so what should i do?

the weight loss is often overstated by people who want you to buy their product. -- often it says "up to a pound a day" without an emphasis on the "up to" but that's usually men who lose an average like that. Most women average 0.5 pounds a day, and that's an average of the entire 40 injection protocol. You sound like you're right on track for how long you've been doing the diet. If you cheated, you're probably paying for it with no losses, and it's very normal to get low/no losses in weeks 2-3 even if you didn't cheat.

Oh, and somewhere here on the boards, there are threads about average losses. I can't remember exactly, but for a woman for the 40 day protocol average is about 22-23 pounds, so I think you need to adjust your expectations a little. Hang in there and stay on protocol and you'll start losing again.
    Last edited by vondalyn; April 8th, 2011 at 03:46 PM.
    R1 Pounds -26, Inches -22
    R2 Pounds -20
    R3 Pounds -10 (stopped early, my head wasn't in it)
    R4 Pounds -8.4 (in progress)

I'm pretty sure the cheats stalled you, they say every cheat sets you back 3 days...
    And yeah I'd take something to get you going to the bathroom, that's got to be uncomfortable. Also maybe skipping the Melba toast and making sure you're getting your veggie portions would help too. Just my 2 cents.

My name is Taneal, i'm a Wife and mother to 2.
    Height 5' 6"
    Started vlcd 3-28-2011
    VLCD week 1 -13.3 lbs

R/P/M
    R4/P2/hHcg
    Have you tried an apple day?? Directions are in the manuscript. It's not too hard.....and will get rid of water weight and break a stall ifit's NOT from cheatin!~!

DON'T take Metamucil!! Has sugar! Even the Sugar Free--chemicals will stall you! Don't know about other products, but I'd just get psyllium hulls in capsule form (Nature's sunshine sells them, many others do too!). Or try Smooth Move tea. I'd also eat more veggies (Spinach is good for "moving" things along) and force yourself to drink plain water....64 oz. Tea is not a substitute.

As for not losing....I agree with others about cheats and the stall possibility due to that. If you cheated "just one bite" every couple of days, you could stall for weeks! I also would check your personal products. AGAIN!! Any OILS at all?? Soap? Lotions? Shampoo? Conditioner? make-up? Toothpaste? Gum? It all matters!! Really!

Lastly, Stevia doesn't agree with some people. Try STOPPING that and see how things go. Sensitivities are NO JOKE!!

Good luck "researching" what's got you stalled...and DON'T give up!!
    Swimbug
    R2P2: 206.8 --> 187.8 (LDW) = -19 lbs. total
    R3P2 195 --> 177.2
    Major move and related stress = did not stabilize!
    R4P2 195 (goal 170)
    R4P2 (Fri-d 7) 184.0
    R4P2 (Fri-d 14) 185.4--really struggling with sticking to protocol this round, up & down all week
    R4P2 (Fri-d 21)185.2
    R4P2 (d 22)186.0

R/P/M
    R1P2
    Blog Entries
    this is good info.......I am stalled at a .2 loss each day for 3 days...I am suspecting the powdered stevia........I have had no problem with the liquid......so I am going to leave off of this today and see how I do.........
    Dandiann

R/P/M
    RX Drops/Rogue
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dandiann View Post
    this is good info.......I am stalled at a .2 loss each day for 3 days...I am suspecting the powdered stevia........I have had no problem with the liquid......so I am going to leave off of this today and see how I do.........
    .2 a day isn't a stall, just a slow down. If you are around week 2-3 that's completely normal and usually clears up on it's own after a bit.

R/P/M
    R1P2
    Blog Entries
    Oh good....I am on week 2...having lost in 11 days about a total of 9 pounds...so I guess I doing ok !!! yeah....I will report I am not hungry AT ALL...and have great energy...and have not been constipated...I am so so happy I found hcg...I watch the biggest loser every week...and what I see what they go through...sheesh....this hcg is a miracle....
    Dandiann

R/P/M
    R5P3
    The couple of food items I've changed are my sweetner and shrimp. I was using Sweet N Low till I realized it had carbs, so changed entirely to Stevia w Fiber. Noticed a difference immediately. Also, regardless of how I've prepared it, shrimp just does not like me now. I've had it three times, and have noticed either a huge slow down or zero loss. Tilapia I can do all day, no issues there - just no more shrimp for now.

Absolutely make sure you're getting your protein first, then veggies, then fruit if you want it. I didn't even touch the melba toasts or grissini breadsticks - just didn't want any issues. I've also tended to skip the second fruit helping in the evening, too. And make sure to drink lots and alots of water!!! I've found having a little lemon squeezed in it, maybe adding just a touch of stevia, really helps. I literally could dring that all day long - just not going over the lemon juice allowance
    56# Released March 2011 - October 2011 hCG
    January 2014 Bilateral Knee Replacement and June 2014 Hormone issues, I'm back to get last 10#- 15# off for good!