Popular Pages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P2 - Cottage Cheese??

R/P/M
    R4 Break
    I'm seeing a lot of P2 recipes that have non-fat cottage cheese... Is this really P2 friendly? I didn't think you could have cottage cheese on P2.

~confused
    ~Robbi

Before and almost after photos.... http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums.../diet-journey/

Here is a quote from P&I about eggs and cottage cheese:

"Many patients ask why eggs are not allowed. The contents of two good sized eggs are roughly equivalent to 100 grams of meat, but fortunately the yolk contains a large amount of fat, which is undesirable. Very occasionally we allow egg - boiled, poached or raw - to patients who develop an aversion to meat, but in this case they must add the white of three eggs to the one they eat whole. In countries where cottage cheese made from skimmed milk is available 100 grams may occasionally be used instead of the meat, but no other cheeses are allowed."

So yes, it's allowed as long as fat free. I made a shake with low fat cottage cheese two days ago, but it didn't cause me any issues.

R/P/M
    R4 Break
    Thanks so much Cocoafluff! I know that I can do the egg thing - I've tried it and it worked for me. Of course I limit that to every once in a while. I'll try the cottage cheese shake with fresh strawberries - or maybe blueberries. Yummy! Any other tips? I'd love to change my foods up some.
    ~Robbi

Before and almost after photos.... http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums.../diet-journey/

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    A careful reading of the above will show you that he doesn't really recommend it but allows it on occasion. You lose better usually without it.

Cottage cheese is great warmed up with spinach....I also like it pureed with canned tomatoes and spices, stevia, vinegar into a soup. I ate it 2-3 times a week during my first round and didn't seem to have any issues with it. It's great to have variety. I also ate the eggs scrambled with vegetables on weekends, but I used liquid egg substitute or just the whites to cut back on the fat.

R/P/M
    R4 Break
    Thanks Grammy! I'm on R2P2D16 and would really like a little change in the normal chicken/fish that I eat. Any suggestions?
    ~Robbi

Some people do protein shakes for variety as well...although it's not part of the protocol. The Jay Robb is popular with many hcg'ers since it's sweetened with Stevia and is low-carb. I had one last night for dinner and was down three pounds this morning. But overall, you just have to get really creative with different recipes so you can find tasty things you don't get tired of.

R/P/M
    I always just say boredom won't kill you. :-) I don't recommend the shakes either because they are either whey or egg and neither is good if you want to eat really clean so you know what might be at the root of your weight problem when you start them all up again.

There are some great recipes out there though. I actually took the opportunity to have boring food to break any hold food had on me.

I totally recommend the cottage cheese shake. They are wonderful and a great change. I've never had a problem stalling with them and I only know of one person who had issues with the cottage cheese. Add fruit and if you want a scoop of protein powder. You can also make it with cocoa (I found one with no sugars or fats) and sweetner and it tastes like a chocloate milkshake. It is so yummy!

Jenni

R/P/M
    I have read the forum for a year and a half and it's quite common to stall or gain with them. Which is why I suspect Dr S only allowed it rather reluctantly. It has a lot of milk sugar. I tried it myself and gained .4 then stalled out for several more days. But they work fine for some people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast