Popular Pages

Thread: Peanut Butter Cookies in P3

Are peanut butter cookies allowed in P3? I would assume that they would have to be home-made since the ready made or the mixes will have added sugar. If so, any recipe would be greatly appreciated.

If you can make them without peanuts and sugar, I'll buy the recipe from you!

(peanuts are a legume (bean), not an actual nut and from what I've read on here the worst starch offender of the bunch)

Does that mean no peanut butter in P3???? Say it isn't so!!!!! What about P4?

I'm pretty new to all of this. I'm just hitting round one P3 tomorrow morning. Oh, the plans I've got!

But from what I gather, no peanuts in any way, shape or form. I believe P4 is were you bring starches back into the picture. But I wonder if you could make almond butter cookies using stevia, almond butter and crushed roasted almonds? Might have to try that...

R/P/M
    R4P2 Homeopathic
    Peanuts are one of those "every body's different" things. Yes they are a legume but some people do ok with them. I'm only on my first round so, personally I am scared to deviate. so, I haven't tried them. If you do, I would recommend toward the end of P3. And make sure it is the natural, no sugar or starches added. There are some stores that have machines that grind it right then and there for you.
    If you do try them here is a recipe I just got emailed to me from "P3 cookbook" on this forum.

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup of all natural no sugar peanut butter
    1 egg
    1 cup of splenda
    dash of vanilla

Blend together - spoon out on a cookie sheet, flatten a little, 350 for 10 minutes. O.M.G. Makes about 10 small cookies.

R/P/M
    R4P2 Homeopathic
    I just sent it to you, it's through my "junk" email address, so if you don't see it, check your spam filter.

I was going to post the same recipe that Susie posted. I used to make them all the time before hcg, usually with sugar, but those are the BEST pb cookies I've ever had, despite the few ingredients. I eat lots of peanuts in P3 and I do just fine. It's one of those things that are hit and miss.

I had peanut butter often in P3 too - no problem

Heres another recipe I found but never made

1/2 cup peanut butter
    1/2 cup splenda or other sweetner
    3/4 cup cream
    1/2 cup chopped pecans, almonds or hazelnuts
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    4 T almond flour
    2 tsp vanilla

Mix and drop onto greased cookie sheet by teaspoonfull. Bake 10 min at 367 until set but not hard. Be careful not to burn them
    Makes 10 large or 16 small